Decent weight losses with PCOS?

I was put on metformin for PCOS but didn't show signs of diabetes. The doctor said it was because I'm more likely to get it with having PCOS, my dad is also diabetic and my weight... I have really struggled to lose weight previously and have been on metformin (with slimming world) for a week now and have to say it's helping, really curbing my appetite!

I was put on metformin but had to stop as I got very sick with it, but I know if I go out and walk I will lose it slowly, it's just frustrating, so trying out slimming world and starting back walking this week.

I have PCOS and every week I lose between 2 and 3lbs. I think the key is exercise. I'm currently doing the 30 day shred. xx

Hi all

i too have pcos and was diagnosed in my teens.

i have always found it hard to lose weight so have now joined slimming world online to help my weight as me & hubby need ivf

i take metformin but i changed to the slow release two months ago which is so much better on the tummy :happy036:

good luck everyone

Nat x

Hi all i too have pcos and was diagnosed in my teens. i have always found it hard to lose weight so have now joined slimming world online to help my weight as me & hubby need ivf i take metformin but i changed to the slow release two months ago which is so much better on the tummy :happy036: good luck everyone Nat x
Hey good luck with ivf
Do you find your weight loss is better on metformin than without it!?

I've found since I joined slimming world the weight is coming off steady, I had too big losses at the start of around 5.5lb but now it's around 2, saying that I had a couple of gains too, I tried to put off walking as long as possible but went back out last week and was down 2lb again this week, it's definitely the key with me as is giving up chocolate full stop, it just piles the weight back on. Good luck with the IVF nat_bean, we're going down that road too, weight is the only prob at the min :)

Back