*deep breath* my journey to a thinner / healthier me

Hi Em, happy Sunday xx

Hi guys :D

I've been at mum's for the weekend and she doesn't have the best internet access, so I'll update properly tonight when I get home :D

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend xx

Fail to plan = plan to fail. That's my motto for the weekend. I went to mum's on friday, knowing that I'd be there for the full weekend, but I didn't plan my meals like I should have done and wasn't on plan. I'm not feeling deflated though, because allthough I wasn't on plan I wasn't totally out the window off plan.

I want to get back into preparing food like chilli con carne, spaghetti bolognese, pasta bakes etc and having meals available in the freezer so that I'm not tempted to make bad choices when I can't be bothered to cook.

So, plan for tomorrow -

Brekkie - fruit platter from co-op (grapes, blueberries, watermelon, kiwi and pineapple) and a yoghurt
Lunch - ham, tomato and cucumber sandwich (10 syns for the bread)
Snack - yoghurt
Dinner - turkey burgers and salad (no rolls)
Snack - weetabix (hexa and hexb), banana

I'm just getting back onto Slimming World properly after losing 4 stone a few years back...and it's all crept back on. first day back on SW and first ever post on Minimins. Sounds like you need a fresh, fresh start and no point worrying about your gain now!

Em, make sure you always have fruits and veg at home so you can munch on them when you feel hungry or get craving. Also as you said planning is essential. I make curries, chilli, burgers, sausages and put them in the freezer so when I want them they are there and just cook some pasta, rice or jacket potato and vegetables with them.
Have a lovely day.

Nope, not been cooking yet Penny, we still haven't been able to do a big shop yet, but Chris gets paid this week so hopefully I can get a load of fruit in etc and have a full week on plan as I'm at home next week with Ben and Sam (we're dog sitting for Chris' mum and dad)

So far today, it really looks like a green day, which isn't deliberate, I've just stayed on plan but had double milk and weetabix this morning as I was starving and I've been really picky all day - hence the summer fruits, banana and yoghurt earlier.

Brekkie - weetabix and milk (hexb X2 and hexa X2)
Snack - frozen summer fruits, banana, yoghurt
Lunch - banana sandwich (9 syns for the bread)

I'm not sure what to have for dinner, I'm thinking maybe a veggie stir fry with beansprouts, mushrooms, carrot and chuck in a couple of chopped up linda mccartney sausages (4 syns I think). And supper is going to be more fruit and yoghurt I think :D

Think I might do some cooking at Chris' mum and dad's on monday morning and get some meals frozen up for when we're there next as we've got quite a few trips over there planned over the next few months. I'm thinking bolognese and chilli sauces so that all I need to cook is pasta or rice, and it means I'll always have something good to hand.

I've got a bit of a NSV too :D Evans clothes normally come up small on me, but today I got a 30/32 in a rain mac and it's quite baggy :woohoo:

Just had a bowl of grapes, blueberries and blackcurrants with yoghurt and am about to have some lychees - see what I mean about being picky and really hungry today :giggle:

At least you're picking on the right things x

Great plan and NSV :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Em, I am exactly the same today! By 9am I had demolished 2 oatbran, a nectarine, satsuma and a banana!! :giggle:

Lisa is right though, at least your 'picking' on completely the right things. All of that SuperFree can only be good for you!! :)

Just had a bowl of grapes, blueberries and blackcurrants with yoghurt and am about to have some lychees - see what I mean about being picky and really hungry today :giggle:

Nothing wrong with being picky and hungry if these are the kind of things you're going for! :D

Well done on the NSV and getting back on track - after this last week I so appreciate how hard it is.

I totally agree that there is no problem being picky any time of day as long as you are eating free and superfree and anything else within plan. I eat loads of fruits all day long.

Well done on NSV and planning.

Have a lovely day.

Hey!

I have many days when I pick all day long but it is often times like that when I feel the best and lose well. Keep eating Superfree food and I bet you'll be surprised on the scales.

I have discovered quorn BBQ filets and oh my gosh they are divine. They are free and in the freezer section. Currently two packs for £3 in Sainsburys. They would go really well with savoury rice and veg. Try them :)

X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ooohhh thanks for the tip Penny, might have to have a look out for them :D

So far so good today

Brekkie - half a cantaloupe melon, filled with pomegranate and blueberries
Snack - Yoghurt
Lunch - Mushroom sandwich (hexb)

I'm thinking of having ham, tomato, cucumber and cheese (hexa) and maybe a bit of rice or pasta tonight for dinner and then later on I'll have a yoghurt for snack

We're going to Cheshire on sunday, so I'm going to try my hardest to save my syns as I really, really want a large frappucino from starbucks (I get way too hot in cars) and want to stay within syns. I probably won't do syns as a weekly thing very often, but for this week I'll do it so I don't go over syns :D

Back