Deflating the Bouncy Castle

Today is not a good day. despite this being day eight, I don't weigh in til tomorrow afternoon... but ny my scales I've only lost 5 or 6 pounds. I'm completely gutted. I've been so strict with myself. Obviously in a normal week i'd be made up, over the moon etc - but in week one that seems like a kick in the teeth, tbh. :(

Hi lady :) Look I know its hard but u have to get into the mentality of "atleast its coming off" it might just take your body a bit longer to get into ketosis, everyone is different. I stuck hundred and ten percent in my second week and only lost 3lbs. If you get disheartened by it youll make it harder for yourself. just be glad its coming off and take it week by week. dont focus on the end result. im going for stone by stone. so this week im like right jan you need to lose 2lbs to get to a stone. then next week ill work on the next stone.

also uve prob like me lost inches all over. do some measurements. above all youre doing your health and your body a lot more good then you were before you started it. dont give up. im into my third week now and ive almost stopped thinking about the diet and how hard it is, its become normality almost.

stick with it ok! itll be so worth it xx

best of luck today :) mwah x

Last edited:
Right, well I've had my weigh in and after 8 and a half days i've lost a total of five and a half pounds. It's rubbish - I can't stop crying. I've never lost so little in the first week of any diet, and normally i'll have been eating 1200 calories a day. I've been absolutely 100% and I'm gutted.

I mean, of course I'll stay on it because I haven't got a choice, but 5 and a half pounds in well over a week is completely disheartening. I've got over seven stone to lose, this hateful, insane diet has to be my way of life until I do, and I was optimistically hoping it wouldn't be more than 6 months, but that was factoring in a proper loss in the first week. Now it looks more like seven months at least. Seven months!

My CDC was utterly gobsmacked - she couldn't believe it and didn't know what to say. She probably thinks I've been cheating - but I haven't. It's costing me my self-esteem, and my happiness but I have stayed 100% on the straight and narrow and now I feel like my body doesn't *want* me to lose weight - insane as that seems. Why do I have to be the freak who it doesn't work for?

You are not alone - while it is disapointing, you have to think that this is just week 1 in ten weeks that could be 50lb - im 10 weeks in and only lose a couple of pounds a week, but Im making this diet work for me not the other way around! I have lost 30lbs ( hopefully more this week!) thats over half of what I want - I have to keep my eyes on the prize!

Dont give up - swig that water....

So, in the last few days I have had loads of spots on my face. I'm drinking lots of water - at least three litres a day. Is this a common side effect?

Okay - just come back from week 2 weigh in and I've lost 4.75 pounds. Which makes ten pounds over all. Very, very pleased.

Excited about the bars too. Not that I hold out much hope for them being tasty, but one thing I am missing is novelty and choices around food.

Since saturday I've been struggling to want the fourth shake (she started me on four a day to start with because of my enourmous weight) so i'm on three a day now which feels right - but I have some spares and if i'm dying of hunger (i'm thinking perhaps when i go back to work) I can have another rather than having something which will jeopardise ketosis. Also have limited the water flavours to max half teaspoon a day, since i read that they can be dodgy in first two weeks. I'm guessing it's the citric acid.

I had serious food obsessions yesterday, and my first moment of weakness since day one - but of all things it was over a prepackaged sandwich when I was in boots. Which we all know would be really disappointing and cardboardy anyway. Go figure. All my other food obsessions (not cravings - I seem to have no 'mouth hunger' at all) are for cheesy / meaty / bready things. Cheap and nasty takeaway pizza, greasy cheeseburgers, macaroni cheese... Not my favourite foods by a long shot. The mind is a very odd place.

Am away the rest of this week in Edinburgh for the Fringe. I have tetras and bars and tomato soups so that I don't need a blender for anything - I'm all set.

Oh my word! Had my first bar this evening - malt toffee. So delicious! A real treat. My CDC advised me to eat it in small pieces with lots of water and it ended up taking me 20 minutes! Lovely. Shall check my ketostix in the morning, but assuming it's still fine, I'm well pleased. Much more filling than the tetras, too.

right - week three was great - i love the bars (especially being able to spread eating them over several hours). I had a fab time in edinburgh - it's very hilly so i had to do lots of energetic walking, and I lost a brilliant 6.25 lbs. well chuffed.

been a bit more hungry at times, but learning to live with that is a skill i need to develop, and anyway, it's not too bad.

this week i'm going to buy myself a posh handbag to celebrate my losing my first stone. :D

Last edited:
Woohoo on that first stone :clap:

I love bags and it's a great way to treat yourself.

Glad you liked Edinburgh, I used to work there but now (when I'm there currently signed off sick) work in Stirling. I so miss the city though.

Keep going you're doing great

Ok - so I haven't written much, cos there didn't seem much to say... i've been on the straight and narrow, haven't cheated, have been a bit grumpy but who wants to hear that...?

And then I've spent the last couple of days reading diaries and realised that people might indeed want to read it, so...

Grumpy, yes. It started at Kings Cross station on the way up to Edinburgh, and the feeling of really wanting a pasty or something was so overwhelming I ended up bursting into tears all over my lovely husband. And I realised, looking back that the things I've really been craving are the foods I eat when I get a special chance and can have them as well as meals. So, the sandwich or burger while out shopping, the pub food, the pasty at the station... And it isn't those foods particularly that are more desirable than others - but the sense of a special treat, a reward for being me.

Anyway it got worse on the train because we had a special deal for first class tickets and you get free food and drink, and they kept bringing the trollies and i kept just having water. Boo.

While we were in Scotland we met up with some mates for drinks and my husband got absolutely steaming drunk - and i had a total sense of humour failure when he was worse than no help getting a taxi afterwards... but apart from that I was fine. Until this week, the last full week of the holidays, and all our mates are planning days and nights out for the bank holiday and I realised I didn't fancy any of them because i feel so resentful that other people can eat pizza or have picnics (strangely, getting drunk i don't miss - but going out with hardcore drinkers is a bit dull). And then I'm aware I'm being bratty. So I get cross with myself.

Bless my husband, he has suggested we go to a jive night at a localish pub, because I can go out and and it won't be all about drinking. I love fifties / rockabilly stuff, but he hates it (he seriously ONLY likes repetative beats music: techno, dubstep etc). He's so totally lovely and supportive (even if he did get delivery pizza on friday) - I know I'm a very lucky girl!

Oh, and I had a bit of a blonde bit put in my hair last week, when I had it cut. Mostly cos I like it, but also cos it'll boil the urine of my evil headmistress, who has introduced a "corporate dress" code. Corporate dress, my eye! I'm a naffing Drama teacher... *mutter* *grumble*

308984_10150410835138975_652123974_10591329_1588069_n.jpg

You're doing great ;) Keep going

I'd have had green flashes all through my hair. In fact next time I get hair done if my head is behaving I just might if not the grey can show :p

Thanks ladies.

Weigh-in this afternoon. Not looking forward to it as my scales are only showing 3lbs so my CDC's will probably show two. Which is pathetic. I have been 100% SS all the way through, not even a coke zero has passed my lips. I have nearly 100lbs left to lose, so why is it sooooo sloooooow? It has been my TOTM, but really? Hmm. Anyway, we shall see. It still beats the crap out of how hard i would've had to work to get a 2lb loss on a normal diet.

Well, after all that, I've actually had a 5.25lb loss - making a total of a stone and a half. In four weeks. I'd jump for joy if my knees weren't totally fubar.

I was so pleased - now why are my scales clearly so rubbish? (Of course, when they show a greater weightloss than my CDC it is hers that are shoddy, obv...)

Anyway, that's a lovely round number for going back to work on Friday.

Am smiling like this: :D

OOOOh just catching up well done, you spanked the baldder out of that stone in 4 weeks, so much so that you are up to a stone and half, thats AMAZING... The next stone will be off in 2 weeks at this rate!

Loving your Edinburgh tales, my hubby was/is a prat sometimes with his self interested ways, drinking past drunk when I am sober is just one example, cooking lush food another, He just didnt get it! Thankfully now he see's the results for himself, he is a LOT more supportive/better behaved.

Here's to another week of ace weightloss.

Back