Diary of a chronic yo-yo!

My OH works at the same place as me, and when we go to get our paperwork, would often stop in coffee room for a coffee to take with us, but I 'did' in the past get a bar or 2 of chocolate out the machine...and if he spotted me going in the coffee room would follow me, and if i was coming out would check my pockets! LOL
said he was only trying to help :D

Lmao zafira, I'm feeling rather smug this week as the hubster has had a gain :) only half a lb but I lost 4lbs so the gap between our weight has closed again (he's still 3lbs lighter than me though) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya, just popping in to subscribe and say good luck! I have yoyoed all my life so I know where you're coming from! Keeping a diary is really helpful, definitely why I've managed to stick to a plan this time round!

So I went to Rome in October and pretty much stopped dieting at that point. I have now resumed and on day 7, although yet to stand ont he scales. This ridiculous yo-yoing has to stop. I have until July (my 30th) to sort myself out. Wish me luck x

How are you getting on? As you will see from my radio silence I was up to usual antics....cringe! I am wrestling with whether to go back to class or not. Timings/ travel distances and cost all putting me off a little. x

Hiya, just popping in to subscribe and say good luck! I have yoyoed all my life so I know where you're coming from! Keeping a diary is really helpful, definitely why I've managed to stick to a plan this time round!

How are you getting on? As you will see from my radio silence I was up to usual antics....cringe! I am wrestling with whether to go back to class or not. Timings/ travel distances and cost all putting me off a little. x

Day 8 and still on track, although still haven't weighed myself. The wind is wild here today; there were Christmas Trees scattered all over the street like bowling pins and the dog was beside himself with joy this morning with all the extra foliage to pee on and sniff at! Fruit and yoghurt from brekkie and baked potato with beans for lunch. Had a couple fo sugar free Werther's Originals too; at first I hated them but now coming around for 1/2 a syn each. x

Breakfast- bacon, egg, red onion & rosemary sausage, tomato, hex b whole meal toast...yum
snack- 2 satsumas, muller light Greek yoghurt
Late lunch- corn on the cob, low fat super noodles (lazy)
snack- pear, muller light Greek yoghurt...I'm a bit addicted to yoghurt!
dinner- currently in the oven but extra lean roast beef, smoked paprika and garlic sweet potato wedges and veggies

I have had a cold since beginning of December, I think I must be made of snot...where does it all come from?! pretty chilled day today; watched to kill a mockingbird, walked dog, went into town a bought a few tops and then to the supermarket.

Still trying to decide whether to go back to class or just stick at it from old books. Biggest bug bear is not being able to figure out syn values of new products etc. also I think values seem to have changed since I left class (early 2013)..a gin and slimline tonic I am sure was 4 syns and now seems to be 2.5 (in December magazine)..a little confused but not complaining on this occasion! Has anyone else come across any others?

x

Weighed myself for the first time since October...8.5lb on....ouch! I am now heavier than I was when I started SW the first time in 2012. Nobody to blame but myself but no point in wallowing, just need to get on with it and shift it. I can do this and have done it before (frustratingly!) I want to lose as much as possible before my birthday in July; ideally 4.5 stone but not sure if it's possible (I used to average 2lb per week). Currently following EE on the old plan as have not yet gone back to class to learn about the new one.

B: bacon, Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausage, beans, scrambled egg...happy Sunday
L: roast beef and tomato sandwich with dash of EL mayo (less than 1 syn), made with hex b bread
D: OH excelled himself tonight with a chilli beef pasta bake (EL mince, kidney beans, tomato, sweetcorn, peas, onion, smoked paprika, garlic and red chillies with dash hex a cheese). Muller light raspberry Greek style yog (0.5 syns) with frozen berries stirred through

Snacks: freddo (5 syns) and frozen so lasted longer, 1x apple, 1x banana, 1x satsuma, 1/2 Sharon fruit, 1x kiwi fruit

Bought Pilates DVD with 5 10 min workouts on it so will give that a go tomorrow I think. Body magic really helps me lose weight and I struggle otherwise. I average at least a 3 mile walk on week days (dog walk and walk to and from work) and go through phases of being committed at the gym. Currently suffering a bit having hurt my back but it eases with movement so will try to go back this week.

x

Hi!
Well done on getting back on track!
8.5 lbs since October?.....that's not too bad:)
You could lose quite a bit by July :)
I have lost 3 st in 18 weeks?....my exercise has been very ''intermittant'' so to speak too :D.....the intention is there with me...:D
It's certainly doable:)
Get focussed and committed to plan and you will do it!

p.s sorry to hear about your back.....i have a bad back (2 worn out discs)that give me grief and agony on occasions, i find moving helps too :)

Hi!
Well done on getting back on track!
8.5 lbs since October?.....that's not too bad:)
You could lose quite a bit by July :)
I have lost 3 st in 18 weeks?....my exercise has been very ''intermittant'' so to speak too :D.....the intention is there with me...:D
It's certainly doable:)
Get focussed and committed to plan and you will do it!

p.s sorry to hear about your back.....i have a bad back (2 worn out discs)that give me grief and agony on occasions, i find moving helps too :)

thanks for the encouragement, just so frustrating that I feel I'm now at the starting blocks before square one. I know beating myself up about won't help but had lost just nearly 3 stone last time and now have to do it all again...sigh. I have 25.5 weeks to try and I am feeling determined (for now!)

On the exercise the intention is always there but I'm an expert in self sabotage haha!

I've never particularly struggled with my back until last cpl of weeks. It's lower back, bum, leg issues and totally floored, me so sorry to hear that you've been suffering. Do you find it's easing as you have list weight at all?

It's fab that you've got your daughter involved, I'm sure she'll thank you for it...if not now then later on.

x

thanks for the encouragement, just so frustrating that I feel I'm now at the starting blocks before square one. I know beating myself up about won't help but had lost just nearly 3 stone last time and now have to do it all again...sigh. I have 25.5 weeks to try and I am feeling determined (for now!)

On the exercise the intention is always there but I'm an expert in self sabotage haha!

I've never particularly struggled with my back until last cpl of weeks. It's lower back, bum, leg issues and totally floored, me so sorry to hear that you've been suffering. Do you find it's easing as you have list weight at all?

It's fab that you've got your daughter involved, I'm sure she'll thank you for it...if not now then later on.

x
don't worry about it, i have lost this 5 st a couple of times now....it happens.....but i'm thinking THIS time when i get to target, i'm going to keep an eye on it and not put it all back on again!.......got a feeling maintaining may be harder than losing? :)

Unfortunately with my back , it doesn't ease with weight loss (worn out discs, that i had the opportunity of having them 'removed' about 12 yrs ago, but chickened out :D).....my pain just comes and goes.....could be really painfull tomorrow if i move wrong, or in 5 yrs time, but i know now what aggravates it more :).... i should actually be exercising and doing core work to help....but that again....i don't:rolleyes:, and sometimes if i 'overdo' things i get pain :)

my daughter ....:D......yes, i'm doing my best with her, but she does need to think for herself a bit more too, determined to get her weight off too, but got aa feeling it's going to take a while longer....she gets embarressed , and won't tell her mates etc, and won't do or have this or that in case her mates notice....difficult at times!:rolleyes:

anyway in 25 weeks i'm sure if you get stuck in and stick with it you could lose shed loads! :D
just stay in focus....and think more on what you''re doing....that's what i'm doing:)

I always thought the walk of shame was following a night on the tiles still wearing outfit from the night before. In actual fact the walk of shame results from when an individual makes a last ditched attempt to run across the road before the lights change and loses one of their ill advised ballet pumps in the process. Said individual then holds up traffic (as the light is now of course green) to make one shoed walk to the centre of the road to retrieve the other shoe before hobbling back (in my case still holding the shoe as seemed a quicker option than trying to get it on whilst in centre of the road)

B: Banana, 2x satsuma
L: left over chilli beef pasta
D: salmon fillet with sweet chilli low fat super noodles, chick peas, red pepper and grated cucumber through it. Muller light Greek style raspberry (0.5 syns)

snacks- kit kat (5.5 syns), 3 sugar free Werther's Original (1.5 syns) lots of sugar free apple & black currant diluting juice...tonight may be interesting!

x

Turned up to work today wearing more or less the same outfit as my colleague..only I'm about 5 stone heavier!...eek. Still feeling pretty motivated although need to up the exercise and think about some smaller portions...sigh!

B porridge made with water and cinnamon, banana
L salmon, chick peas, orange pepper, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, lettuce and a little cous cous. I added a little sweet chilli sauce (0.5 syns)
D roast chicken, peas, sweet corn and sweet potato wedges with garlic fry light and smoked paprika

snacks- kit kat (5.5 syns), muller light Greek style raspberry (0.5 syns), hartleys blueberry and blackcurrant 10 kcal jelly (0.5 syns), 2x satsumas, 2x plums

x

Started to look at holidays today; it seemed sensible given the icy blasts outside. Dates approved for May, which is so exciting but literally only gives me 4 months to get beach ready!...terrifying but will just have to do what I can, especially as I can't afford lipo!!! Current plan is looking like Kuala Lumpur, Borneo and Bali but not booked yet. At least it'll give me a real incentive to stick to diet..I'm much better with a deadline! I won't be at target by then but hopefully well on my way! Still swithering about going back to class as it's not exactly local. I got a text from mum to say she'd heard the new plan was a lot different but good and she's going to go back to class for a few weeks to get her head around it. Mum doesn't have much to lose but is a totally different shape to me. Still on track for old EE:

B porridge made with water (hex b) and cinnamon, banana
L chicken breast with salad and a touch of sweet chilli sauce (1 syn) and a Kabuto noodles thing (technical term ), Irish diet yoghurt
D red onion & rosemary sausages, baked beans and egg. Rice pudding:

pudding rice,cinnamon, orange zest, nutmeg, sweetener and water. Boiled until cooked and thickened. I then added a spoon of Lake District Vanilla Quark (circa 1 syn) and stirred to warm. I had by itself tonight but also like it with blueberries etc in it.

I hope you are all keeping warm x

Holiday sounds good!
We have got may half term week booked off and a few days after and are going to look at getting away somewhere....not quite as exotic as yours though lol :)
I hope to be at target by then :)
If you keep at it you could lose quite a lot by that time or even be at or near target yourself:)
The EE hasn't really changed, they have just replaced success express with SP
And changed superfree to speed foods really and just moved some foods from speed foods to free foods sort of:)

Holiday sounds good!
We have got may half term week booked off and a few days after and are going to look at getting away somewhere....not quite as exotic as yours though lol :)
I hope to be at target by then :)
If you keep at it you could lose quite a lot by that time or even be at or near target yourself:)
The EE hasn't really changed, they have just replaced success express with SP
And changed superfree to speed foods really and just moved some foods from speed foods to free foods sort of:)

Always good to have something to look forward to, where are you guys thinking? You are doing so well, I'm sure you'll be at target by then! I hope to have lost at least 2.5 stone by the time I go away. Is the SP essentially a low carb option? Sounds like I should still be on roughly the right lines.:)

Back