Diet coke chicken

this used to be a favourite of mine when i was on ww never thought of doing it on sw, but i will trust me lol
xx

I will give it a go some time this week & I bet I'll be back..tail between legs, soring how lush it is!! LOL

I'm not keen on Chinese 5 spice but I used to make similar when I did WW using Diet Coke and ketchup and it was fab! I never thought of using a tin of tomatoes instead....Will give it a go on Tues night and let you know how it goes!

Well....yes I was skeptical and intrigued, but made it last night and added red peppers and mushrooms...Hubby and Daughter had it with noodles, I just ate as was and.........absolutely delicious!!!
Why I have never come across this before I will never ever know and will certainly be making it a lot more in the future!!!
Think I will try pork next too!
Thank you for recommending this one!!!

Hmmm...not sure...would be worth a try though!

can you taste diet coke because i dont like diet coke! also does it wreck your frying pan!!
i am so intrigued i may try this tonight! got some chicken in

omg for real??? coke n chicken??? i will have to give it a go once my tummy is 100% better.
do you use a whole can and that much goes all sticky? i love sticky food!

I seen this on the ww site the other day and thought it looked really tasty.
The offical recipe is:

Barbecue Chicken Wrap
240ml Diet coke
240g Tomato ketchup
60g worchestershire sauce
1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
40g chopped onion
1 teaspoon garlic puree
675g chicken breast
4 Tortilla wraps
lettuce and mixed greens

1. Preheat grill.
2. Combine diet cola, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper sauce, onions and garlic purée in a heavy saucepan; gradually bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat slightly to obtain a gentle simmer; simmer barbecue sauce until reduced by a quarter, about 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, start to prepare chicken. Season chicken with salt and pepper; grill until cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove chicken from grill and pull apart into shredded bite-size pieces.
4. Combine chicken and barbecue sauce in a medium bowl; mix to evenly coat.
Divide chicken mixture onto bottom half of each tortilla; top with mixed greens. Fold tortilla bottom over filling and then fold sides in toward centre to enclose filling.

Sounds delicous, thank you so much to fatty no more for the intial review :D

I tried this when I followed WW-and as odd as it sounds its is amazing-it was Diet Coke, with a few tbsp of Ketchup and some garlic, and it makes a lovely sticky BBQ sauce-I had mine with savoury rice and it was scrummy :D

right gonna be really thick here, im not very good at cooking and i really wanna try this how do i cook it? i fancy using chopped tomatoes, do i put the coke and chopped tomatoes in a frying pan and then put the chicken breasts in untill they are cooked through?? and is it just coke and chopped tomatoes i need?? gonna try it tonight... thanks!

Im not a great cook either so im just going to stick to the original recipe that way not much can go wrong.

I work tonight so im going to make this in a minute and have it with some salad and a jacket potato.

XXX

I made the sauce last night, I have to say I was so surprised, its very very nice!!!

I stuck to the receipe apart from Tabasco, but I made the sauce in another pan, boiled it for 10 mins, then reduced it to a simmer for about 20 mins, then I coated some steak and dry fried it with some home made potato cakes (extra easy day!) and drizzled the rest ofer the top.

It was lovely, my DH even loved it.

wow it tasted lovely delicious ummm this is gonna be a favourite of mine. Quite cheap to make too nice recipe thanks sooo much
xxx

I made it with Quorn chicken pieces and it was lovely. I think I kept it on the heat a little too long though and it went just past the sticky stage but it was still yummy! I made wedges to go with it!

Attachments

• Photo-0036.jpg
    Photo-0036.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 4,942
Back