Does anyone else have a lot of weight to lose?

I'm just aiming for a BMI of 30, and then take it from there. Its my first goal. But I'm probably looking at about 7 stones all in, but about 4 stones is my first goal for sure :)

Just a quick note about bmi.
Most fitness industry people will tell you it's not an accurate and effective way of measuring healthy weight. It doesn't take bone and muscle mass into consideration which makes it completely wrong.
My personal trainer for example who is a competitive bodybuilder as well has a bmi of 32 which makes him obese according to the charts.
They guy has 7-5% body fat and clearly very fit.

It's good to have a goal but I would get too wound up about it :)

M x

Just a quick note about bmi.
Most fitness industry people will tell you it's not an accurate and effective way of measuring healthy weight. It doesn't take bone and muscle mass into consideration which makes it completely wrong.
My personal trainer for example who is a competitive bodybuilder as well has a bmi of 32 which makes him obese according to the charts.
They guy has 7-5% body fat and clearly very fit.

It's good to have a goal but I would get too wound up about it :)

M x

it was was a nuffield hospital who stuck this bmi malarkey in my head. My surgeon isn't keen on performing my surgery until I lose some of my flab, which is fine. They said aim for a bmi of 30 or less.

Hi! I have A LOT to lose. Ideally 12/14 stone!!! It's going to be a long slog but it will all be worth it :)

"It is our choices that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

You are all such an inspiration for me, keep up the good work ladies. 2014 is going to be the year where life truly begins again x

I lost 1 1/2 stone before Christmas but still have about 11 stone to go.
Sounds like it's gonna take forever!
I'd like as much off as possible by June because I'm bridesmaid at my brothers wedding and don't wanna be the fattest one!

ive got 6st to shed, first goal is to get past my first month and at least have shed 7lbs as i want to have lost 3st by june.
good luck to everyone!
some other threads ive read say to measure ur hips, chest, bum etc. and record the inches comin off even when theres no weight loss to still keep ur spirits going
x

I had 7st 8 to lose which thanks to today is now 6st 8lbs to lose after a lovely 14lb loss in my first week :)

Back