DOING SW FROM HOME???

welshdaff said:
Hellloooo just been reading through this thread its great, i'm a newbee homie!!!! been on it for a week and lost 3.5lbs....hope I can join in for some support etc... :)

Way to go!!! Think my biggest loss was 3.5lb so you are doing great!

There's plenty of support on minimins loads of fun and informative threads, and some proper yummy recipes :0)

Well my weigh in day at group was weds so im sticking to that day, tho at home I can do it first thing after a wee and in the nip lol!!! That usually equates to another 1.5lb lol!!! :)

I weigh in on a Sunday morning..... so this Sunday I go straight to the bathroom and got on the scales.... didn't like that figure so went for a wee wee and took my T~shirt off.... and founf I was 1.5 pounds lighter. Then I went back to bed and weighed myself when I got up proper and found I had lost 2 pounds in all. One happy bunny rabbit..... never thought my wee wee would weigh so much *grin*

Now all I have to do is think of a cunning plan to stay on track tomorrow when I get some money

Any ideas?

Judith the skint and Pickle the wonder dog

justjudith said:
I weigh in on a Sunday morning..... so this Sunday I go straight to the bathroom and got on the scales.... didn't like that figure so went for a wee wee and took my T~shirt off.... and founf I was 1.5 pounds lighter. Then I went back to bed and weighed myself when I got up proper and found I had lost 2 pounds in all. One happy bunny rabbit..... never thought my wee wee would weigh so much *grin*

Now all I have to do is think of a cunning plan to stay on track tomorrow when I get some money

Any ideas?

Judith the skint and Pickle the wonder dog

Lmao, I think the trick is clearly to stay in bed longer!!!

I find, if I think of a nice foodie reward I'd like, if I have a loss I have it and enjoy, if I gain then it goes in the bin!!!

Theres always a way to enjoy things you think you can't have on sw!

I have a large chicken kebab at least once a week, I don't eat the pitta bread and I don't have any sauce, order extra salad and put light Mayo on when it gets delivered! And I still lose!

Also try and eat grapefruit and drink plenty of water with my meals,

Are you doing EE, red or green?? X

awesomecupcake said:
I'm also following the plan from home! Joined a group in Sept and weighed in twice, losing 3.5lbs in total. Now in an attempt to save some money I have decided to go it alone with the support of this excellent site and a friend who is also SWing from home. I had my first weigh in at home on Saturday morning and have lost another 2.5lbs! Very chuffed with that! I'm a very fussy eater so doing Green days only as that fits in better with what I eat.
Good luck everyone x :D

I have only been doing EE, haven't really looked at the red or green options.

Well done on the loss, it's quite obvious you've got a handle on what your doing, so keep up the good work :)

Samsmum said:
Hi. I'm restarting tomorrow on my lonesome. Got more books than the consultant from all my failed attempts so no excuses. What's the best way to go about it?Do i start a diary or join in as and when. Could do with lots of support and will gladly give it back if i can

Best way I think is to take it day by day, set mini goals and targets, and yes a diary is good, that way you can read back and see where your success and failings are, when I first started I decided 10 syns a day was all I was going to have, that way if you do go over your limit, you've a safety net, rather than have the full amount and then still end up going over and having a gain!!!

Your more than welcome to join in anytime, and If your having a bad day or a fantastic day, let us know :)

GemmaB1984 said:
im doing it from home as i couldn't afford to go to classes, this website is brilliant, gives you much more then my class gave me , as they were all friends who knew each other and wouldn't let other people in ! good luck to others following plan at home

Hiya, yeah I find it's a bit much week after week to pay to technically just be weighed!

If you have the food optimising book and the Internet that's all you need!!!

Minimins is fantastic, loadsa like minded people all working to the same goal!

Anything you need, just ask, someone will always have an answer for you :)

emmuk74 said:
I'm doing it alone because being weighed messes with my mind, I'll be doing SW for a long time as I have a lot to loose, so thrilled to join you on your last steps

Hiya emm, sw isn't a diet, it's a life change, it really is all about re evaluating what you eat and how you cook it!

I don't think of it as being on a diet, I see it as eating healthily, I'm rarely hungry and I eat twice as much as I did before, I've learned that if I want it, have it, BUT fry it in frylite, make sure there's plenty of salad or veg, and if not then have plenty of fruit usually hidden in a muller lite for dessert!

When counting your syns remember 20 cals=1 syn

Good luck on your journey, were all here with you :) x

kat1999 said:
Not going to class either. Started to but consultant was crap. Plus with 5 kids and a husband who works shifts to difficult to go every week. Not finding it a problem am still losing every week.

Hiya kat,
So how long have you been doing sw ?
How you finding it?
I'm def happier at the moment doing it from home, I just hope I can stay focused and disciplined!!!
:) x

Vitology said:
Hiya emm, sw isn't a diet, it's a life change, it really is all about re evaluating what you eat and how you cook it!

I don't think of it as being on a diet, I see it as eating healthily, I'm rarely hungry and I eat twice as much as I did before, I've learned that if I want it, have it, BUT fry it in frylite, make sure there's plenty of salad or veg, and if not then have plenty of fruit usually hidden in a muller lite for dessert!

When counting your syns remember 20 cals=1 syn

Good luck on your journey, were all here with you :) x

Thanks, I'm doing ok so far. I go to the gym or an aqua class every week day and love that (I'd never have imagined myself saying that 2 months ago). I am recovering from eating disorders so can't weigh myself and have to be super careful not to obsess, I just hope I can keep it all together this time.

I'm doing SW from home too!

Hi all....

Was up early this morning and gacve Pickle a long walk ~ so I've got my Body Magic in for the day. Also had my syns... which I didn't enjoy but what else do you get from the newsagents? which was daft thing to do as I'm going to a "do" tonight. Not sure f there will be wine but there will be canapes. Heaven alone knows how to syn them so I think I'll try to eat slow and sure and maybe eat with my left hand... I'm all for all the wheezes I can muster.

Sees you later

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

leanerandlighter said:
Those of you Homies can you enlighten me a bit as to what body magic is? Cant seem to find much info online and am a bit baffled like it's a secret club!!

My take on body magic is just exercise, lots of little bits all add up, google slimming world body magic and there's plenty of info :) x

Body Magic is just another name for Exercise. You can get various Body Magic awards by doing a certain amount of blocks of exercise so many times a week, for so many weeks. I haven't a clue on the details ~ but it is working on oncorparating exercise in your every day life. Hope you come up with all the info you want in a goggle search.

How goes life and SW with all you this week? My eating is the pits... not even enjoying it either! (I'm a) Mad woman!

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

First week doing it at home and just hopped on the scales. 2 off this week. Planning on doing some excercise today cause I'm off work :)

Can I join you all?

My name is Anna and joined SW at the end of July 2011. I have lost 1st 7ib and would like to lose the same again.

On Wednesday I went to my group for the last time, without my consultant knowing - just not going back next week. My reasons are I don't feel like I get anything from class, like someone said on the 1st page of this thread, weighing messes with my head. I know I have to be weighed to know how I am doing, but as my class wasn't until 6.30pm I starved myself all day and no even a drink as worried about how it would effect the scales and it was started to get me down. I also could do with saving the money, I pay £5 a week to be weighed and sit for an hour and a half listening to other peoples weight losses. I just hope I have the will power to do it alone, I think I can - so far I have kept to it.

My friend at work has kindly offered to weigh me in each week at work and she said if I give her the £5 I would of paid at class, she is going to keep it for me and give me it back next year when I go on holiday towards spending money.

Good Luck all of you :)

Anna xx

...weighing messes with my head. I know I have to be weighed to know how I am doing, but as my class wasn't until 6.30pm I starved myself all day and no even a drink as worried about how it would effect the scales and it was started to get me down.

The good thing about weighing at home is that you can weigh first thing in the morning then eat as normal for the rest of the day. This might suit you better as you would have 7 normal days instead of 6 normal and one starving. Good luck with your home weighing. If you are motivated, you will succeed anywhere :)

Thank you all - although I am worried what to say to my consultant if she rings me! I hoping she won't but got a feeling she will. Silly Sausage - this one of the reasons why I decided to do it solo, so I can weigh 1st thing in the morning, I get to work at 7.30am and have breakfast at my desk so can weigh before I eat anything!

Back