Don't think I can do this

Hi Maria,
I have just read through this thread and just want to say I am so sorry you are in this situation. It took me back to a worse time in my life when I to was mentally and eventually physically abused.
Remember you are doing this diet for you and noone else. He might be upset your doing it for you and not him but keep going all us ladies here are here to support you.
I would honestly say find/make some local friends, it was the best thing I ever did and after having friends my confidence grew and I eventually got the courage to leave. Noone deserves to be spoken to in such a way. Especially not by the person who is meant to love them.
Stand tall, stand strong and try and focus on you for a while. The weight loss is a great start :)
I know we have never met but if you need to talk ever feel free to message me.
Hope things get better.
Kelly xxx

Sorry to hear you've been through it too, Kelly but so glad you got out! What a lovely, supportive message to post and, hopefully, Maria will also find the strength you found, to leave this vile bully safely. Take care, both of you.

Kathy xx

How are you doing today Maria?

as the others have said, you do not have to put up with that kind of emotional and physical abuse from your OH. I have never been in that situation myself, so I'm not going to pretend I know how it feels, but you have had some lovely messages of support from amazing women on here who understand where you are much better than I do. I know it seems very hard, and scary, to think of getting out, and what the consequences may be, especially as you have children, but you aren't alone. There are people and organisations you can go to for support. And lean on us, we'll help as much as we can x

I have nothing to add to the excellent posts above, but wanted to say that I am so sorry you are going through this. Keep posting on here, and please reach out to one of the organisations others have mentioned.

How are you doing this week Maria? I have just caught up with this thread. please keep posting so we can support you, be that with your weight goals or otherwise.
I can only reiterate what others have said.
I know how hard it must be for you. I've been there, 30 years ago and had the scars to prove it (emotionally and physically)
I am not that person anymore.
Put yourself and your little ones first. Take care

Didn't want to read and leave. Hope you are well Maria and able to get the help you need to get you out of this dangerous situation. Keep yourself and your boys safe. xx

I haven't read fully through the thread but I wanted to say that personally, if my OH was picking at me for trying to be healthier and looking better then I would be having serious thoughts about the relationship.

My OH and I are both overwieght and go through phases of corrupting each other when the other one is trying to be good - but this is not the same as coercing you into a glass of wine and a bit of cake, your partner seems to just want you to feel bad about yourself - Don't let him!

Having gone back and read this thread in it's entirity I wanted to add -

No one is stuck in their own lives - If you feel trapped by this persons behaviour and can't see a path to happiness or safety by staying with him then take steps to leave.

Best of luck to you Maria22 x

Back