Don't trust JUDDD..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following JUDDD for 3 weeks and lost 2 lb in week 1, 2lb in week 2 and 1lb in week 3. That is without doing exercise too. I've not counted much on my up days, and stuck to under 500 cals on my down days except one day where I had around 750 cals. I do 3 down days a week and 4 up days a week.

I was also very very skeptical about this diet after coming from a VLCD. In all honesty it's the easiest plan I've ever followed, and as I really enjoy my up days, I am extremely pleased with the results so far. I still have 3 stone to lose, but it's not a race! As long as we all get to where we want to be in the end, who cares how long it takes? I've spent so much time faffing around with different diets and just gaining weight from messing about so much, I'd rather be following an easy plan and losing slowly than struggling on a strict plan and losing and gaining the same lb's over and over again.

laurenmay said:
Before joining minimins, I'd never heard of half the diets on these boards such as Cambridge, slim and save, JUDDD etc.. I guess that's where my obsession with trying every diet out there started spiralling out of control!

If I didn't have a family to support and a 1 year old to look after and a full time job to hold down, then I'd probably stick with Cambridge and just grin and bare the expensive costs.. But I simply can't afford it and I don't think 3 shakes a day will give me enough energy to be a mum as well as go to work every day! That's why I've been looking more into JUDDD.. x

I looked in my cupboard today at all my unused CD shakes and bars and it adds up to over £50, madness! I don't even have anyone but myself to support and i still find it stupidly expensive so totally get where u r coming from. I guess when it is working it seems worth it but after i lost control and gained i thought it was crazy! Ive decided that if JUDDD works for me then i will see if my CD lady will buy the majority Of my stuff back from me. And in fact i also decided if JUDD isnt right for me i will go back to good old fashioned calorie counting but hopefully that won't happen. For me CD was def just a short term solution and in fairness at least i am still over a stone lighter than i was so ive had a good kick start, but its now about finding a way to kick those 8lbs and maintain-scary!
Have u any more thoughts on what ur leaning towards? X

Caroline_Louise said:
I looked in my cupboard today at all my unused CD shakes and bars and it adds up to over £50, madness! I don't even have anyone but myself to support and i still find it stupidly expensive so totally get where u r coming from. I guess when it is working it seems worth it but after i lost control and gained i thought it was crazy! Ive decided that if JUDDD works for me then i will see if my CD lady will buy the majority Of my stuff back from me. And in fact i also decided if JUDD isnt right for me i will go back to good old fashioned calorie counting but hopefully that won't happen. For me CD was def just a short term solution and in fairness at least i am still over a stone lighter than i was so ive had a good kick start, but its now about finding a way to kick those 8lbs and maintain-scary!
Have u any more thoughts on what ur leaning towards? X

My mum took my few left over CD shakes off my hands, I think there was 9 left.. But when I bought slim and save I paid for 3 weeks worth of packs that cost £128, and then when I sold them on eBay I only made £30 back after paying for postage & packing -- so depressing!! :-(
I've decided to go for old fashioned calorie counting, maybe in the future I'll consider JUDDD to switch things up a bit if I hit a plateau etc, but for now I'm gonna stick to 1200 calories a day & do plenty of exercise -- off to the gym now actually :) x

laurenmay said:
Before joining minimins, I'd never heard of half the diets on these boards such as Cambridge, slim and save, JUDDD etc.. I guess that's where my obsession with trying every diet out there started spiralling out of control!

If I didn't have a family to support and a 1 year old to look after and a full time job to hold down, then I'd probably stick with Cambridge and just grin and bare the expensive costs.. But I simply can't afford it and I don't think 3 shakes a day will give me enough energy to be a mum as well as go to work every day! That's why I've been looking more into JUDDD.. x

Hi Lauren, any diet will work as long as you stick to it, calorie counting is probably the most basic of plans as if you cut cals you WILL lose weight, it's not the plan that ever lets people down its not sticking to it that lets them down. Sounds like your head is all over the place in regards to losing weight, I would suggest trying up get your head in gear and focused and you'll find any plan will work. I read the beck diet solution book and it helped massively I'd recommend it to anyone struggling

3 years ago I lost 5 stone on CD in about 5 months.... brilliant, but I couldn't sustain that weight loss, because eventually after being afraid to eat food at first, I started back into my old ways, I dont eat tons and tons and I rarely eat unhealthily, but my portion sizes got bigger, we ate out more often and I dont exercise much, so over the 3 years it crept back on and I was always trying to lose my excess couple of pound. Last December I became ill and put on the final 2 stone in 1 month despite hardly eating that month because of my illness, go figure... and since then even though I have cut down my food more I have been unable to lose any weight. So finally at the beginning of July I decided to do CD again, I lost 1 stone in the first month, but knew that if I carried on I would end up back where I am now because I need to change my outlook on food, so I am doing JUDDD. In 10 days I have lost 5lb despite moving straight from a TFR diet and I am now seeing this as a long term way of eating. Not just to lose weight but for the health benefits too. So I know it will take longer, even if it takes a year, at the end of the year I will have a totally different way of eating and will be much healthier, less at risk of heart attack etc.

So I guess what I am saying is that I am not seeing this as a quick fix diet (like I have always seen diets before), I am looking at it as a new sustainable way of eating which I will do forever, eventually I will be able to up my DD calories and it will not feel like dieting at all, just a different way of eating.

I normally do alternate days, no 2 days of DD or UP together, but this week I want to swap my DD around as I need an UP day for Thursday so am doing 2 UP days together and I really have been eating lots on my UP days, no restrictions for me and I am still losing loads of weight.

Greeneyes11 said:
3 years ago I lost 5 stone on CD in about 5 months.... brilliant, but I couldn't sustain that weight loss, because eventually after being afraid to eat food at first, I started back into my old ways, I dont eat tons and tons and I rarely eat unhealthily, but my portion sizes got bigger, we ate out more often and I dont exercise much, so over the 3 years it crept back on and I was always trying to lose my excess couple of pound. Last December I became ill and put on the final 2 stone in 1 month despite hardly eating that month because of my illness, go figure... and since then even though I have cut down my food more I have been unable to lose any weight. So finally at the beginning of July I decided to do CD again, I lost 1 stone in the first month, but knew that if I carried on I would end up back where I am now because I need to change my outlook on food, so I am doing JUDDD. In 10 days I have lost 5lb despite moving straight from a TFR diet and I am now seeing this as a long term way of eating. Not just to lose weight but for the health benefits too. So I know it will take longer, even if it takes a year, at the end of the year I will have a totally different way of eating and will be much healthier, less at risk of heart attack etc.

So I guess what I am saying is that I am not seeing this as a quick fix diet (like I have always seen diets before), I am looking at it as a new sustainable way of eating which I will do forever, eventually I will be able to up my DD calories and it will not feel like dieting at all, just a different way of eating.

I normally do alternate days, no 2 days of DD or UP together, but this week I want to swap my DD around as I need an UP day for Thursday so am doing 2 UP days together and I really have been eating lots on my UP days, no restrictions for me and I am still losing loads of weight.

Well put! I totally agree with you - this is my third time of losing this 6 stone and it has to be the last :) xx

3rd time for me too!! We ought to start a club .... Very well put as well green eyes. Totally agree and that's where my head is.

juju_doll said:
3rd time for me too!! We ought to start a club .... Very well put as well green eyes. Totally agree and that's where my head is.

The 3rd (and Last) Time Club - I love it lol! X

conlou1 said:
Hi Lauren, any diet will work as long as you stick to it, calorie counting is probably the most basic of plans as if you cut cals you WILL lose weight, it's not the plan that ever lets people down its not sticking to it that lets them down. Sounds like your head is all over the place in regards to losing weight, I would suggest trying up get your head in gear and focused and you'll find any plan will work. I read the beck diet solution book and it helped massively I'd recommend it to anyone struggling

You're right, my head has been all over the place for a long time now regarding dieting, and it's not the diets themselves that have let me down but more so me letting myself down..

Greeneyes11 said:

I think maybe in the future I may give JUDDD a go, for the health benefits more so than anything else, but at the moment I can't see myself coping well on DD's so I've decided to stick to a set calorie allowance of 1200 calories per day and see how I get on :)

Wish you and everyone else all the best with JUDDD! :)

Why the negative heading to your thread, you are being negative about Juddd and you havent even given it a go. I spend ages trying to answer newbies questions and to be honest I have just responded slightly harshly to another group of newbies who seem to think that Juddd is just for maintaining and had some ludicrous plan to to 3 DD s eat about 1400 on ups with a treat day which would include chocolate every now and again !! WTF are we chopped liver , are we just playing at losing weight , I am an even tempered generally nice person but am starting to get ever so slightly irritated by some responses , do whatever diet you choose it makes no difference to me but for anyone who is really interested in this diet, I am entering week 13 I started Juddd at 13 5 I am now 12 2 , I have had 3 STS and no gains, only your official weigh in counts, which is once a week I am also a bit more than 1 dress size down, does this help ???

If your head isn't in the right place maybe you need the support of attending a group once a week- like sw or ww?

16 lost : 51 to goal

bajoleth said:
Why the negative heading to your thread, you are being negative about Juddd and you havent even given it a go. I spend ages trying to answer newbies questions and to be honest I have just responded slightly harshly to another group of newbies who seem to think that Juddd is just for maintaining and had some ludicrous plan to to 3 DD s eat about 1400 on ups with a treat day which would include chocolate every now and again !! WTF are we chopped liver , are we just playing at losing weight , I am an even tempered generally nice person but am starting to get ever so slightly irritated by some responses , do whatever diet you choose it makes no difference to me but for anyone who is really interested in this diet, I am entering week 13 I started Juddd at 13 5 I am now 12 2 , I have had 3 STS and no gains, only your official weigh in counts, which is once a week I am also a bit more than 1 dress size down, does this help ???

There's no need to reply so bluntly really when I clearly said I don't intend to offend anyone.. The title of the thread was referring to ME not trusting JUDDD and I didn't say anybody else shouldn't.

laurenmay said:
There's no need to reply so bluntly really when I clearly said I don't intend to offend anyone.. The title of the thread was referring to ME not trusting JUDDD and I didn't say anybody else shouldn't.

I think the whole point is that you don't trust it but you've never even tried it! So people are answering your questions honestly and accurately and then you are basically telling them they are talking rubbish :-( It's just a bit annoying when people are taking the time to reply and give you the real facts and you don't believe them. Why ask in the first place if your mind is made up? I don't understand and I'm obviously not the only one confused by your attitude!

yoga84 said:
I think the whole point is that you don't trust it but you've never even tried it! So people are answering your questions honestly and accurately and then you are basically telling them they are talking rubbish :-( It's just a bit annoying when people are taking the time to reply and give you the real facts and you don't believe them. Why ask in the first place if your mind is made up? I don't understand and I'm obviously not the only one confused by your attitude!

Excuse me but when have I told anybody that they're talking rubbish? And when have I not believed anybody?! It's frustrating for me that you seem to be putting words in my mouth!!

That's just the impression that you have given that's all. You come across as very negative and a bit mixed up. If you look I actually stuck up for you at the start of your thread as I thought you should be given the benefit of the doubt but this thread has continued in such a negative vein - I just don't think you are helping yourself at all.

I didn't mean to cause offence and was just being honest about the impression you are giving.

How have I been negative throughout this thread?! All I've said is I've chosen a calorie restriction of 1200 a day to begin with, and then I'll see how I get on and maybe consider JUDDD in the future... There's nothing negative about that at all.

laurenmay said:
How have I been negative throughout this thread?! All I've said is I've chosen a calorie restriction of 1200 a day to begin with, and then I'll see how I get on and maybe consider JUDDD in the future... There's nothing negative about that at all.

Well I'm obviously not the only one who got that impression? But like I said I didn't mean to cause any offence.

I hope the calorie counting works put for you :)

Laurenmay you've been hovering over diets for months, you've been 'starting juddd' in June July and now August. Checking through your previous posts you seem to consistantly start new threads and ask the same questions over and over again. Please take the time to do back ground reading and research into what diet you think will suit your lifestyle and what you want to do, then members can help you iron out those last few niggly questions you have and support you in the diet choice you've made. But ultimately you need to decide what you are doing and stick to it.

16 lost : 51 to goal

Minimins has gone from being a weight loss 'support' site to people just judging others who struggle more than they do, and making negative and harsh comments and remarks!

For this reason I'm leaving minimins. Maybe I'll come back in a years time and shock you all, especially those who so obviously doubt me..

& for your information -- I do background research before I try any diet, I spend hours and hours researching.. That doesn't mean I won't get confused, sceptical or doubtful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back