Total Solution Double Trouble...The Exante Duo!

Oh wow Alex !!:D
You really do sound much happier and even more in control even although you have relaxed your regime from your last update :)
Well done !!
I think any diet is 90% in your head, even maintaining. And as you say, years of going from one extreme to the other is going to take a bit if time before it becomes a natural way of life. 8 months on though, is extremely impressive !!
I am uber chuffed for you, and your man too :D

We all love you, of course we would always read...

And you have done so well. And wow 3years,,,, I remember when it was in the dating stage..,, elk that means I have been at this diet game far too long!!! (Cracks whip and gets me moving again)

You are such an inspiration,,, people say I am but you are a true one.

I look back and think about the people I first met in this place and you and Kiira have come so far!!!
Xxxxx

Can't believe I haven't posted here in so long! I'm always lurking on minis though...think it's just become part of my life now!
Anyway....just wanted to come in and give you an update, exactly ONE YEAR since I got to goal! (can you believe it's come around so quickly!?)
Well I'd love to be able to say that I was still bang on, or just beneath my goal weight one year down the line. You know what it's like though, things are never perfect like that! However, I think it's nearly as good to be able to say that today I weighed in at 10st 7lbs...just 2lbs above my goal weight :)
I won't pretend it's been easy....I still obsess a lot about keeping my weight stable, and I eat comparatively few calories compared to other people (I'm working on that though...think my metabolism has just taken a hit over the years), and I still feel the need to count calories and log everything on MFP (natural restraint isn't in my nature)...BUT I still think this journey has been well and truly worth every bit of effort I have to put in to maintain my weight now. My body isn't perfect by any means...I'm still slightly 'overweight' in BMI terms, and I do still have lots of wobbly bits which are a combination of loose skin and stubborn fat, but on the whole I'm comfortable in my own skin....which is all I ever wanted. I can see photographs of myself without cringeing, I can shop more or less wherever I like, I can walk up hills without feeling like I might die, and my blood pressure is normal.

I'm not saying any of this to boast - after all, I've been back at the starting point more times than I care to remember! I just wanted to give hope to anyone who is worried that they'll automatically pile all the weight back on when they stop dieting!

x x

Well done Alex :)
Thats all any of us want :)

Well done Alex. It gives hope to the rest of us to read how well you're doing!

Alex more than anyone here you are such an inspiration. 1 year on really well done, I'm so pleased for you. And very bloody jealous too!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back