Total Solution Double Trouble...The Exante Duo!

Had a rough day yesterday - not diet/food related, I just felt really poorly all day...headachey, dizzyish and a bit queasy :(
Everybody at work has trying to convince me that Exante was to blame, which was a bit frustrating! I got comments like "do you think you're not eating enough?"..."well, you haven't eaten all day, have you?" (11:30am).
By the time I got sent home (2.30ish), they'd started to convince me that the diet was to blame! It wasn't until I got home that I remembered some problems I had with my sinuses last year that caused similar kinds of symptoms, so I dug out the nasal spray, had an early night, and I'm more or less back to my normal self today :)

I suppose I'd better get used to this, I'm sure that every time I show signs of some kind of illness, everybody is going to start blaming Exante...grrrrr!

Anyway, it's nearly the weekend and I'll be off to The Man's house in an hour or so :) .And it's only two more days until our third weigh-in! I've bought some new scales as the other ones were weighing us differently every time we stepped on and off. I'm just hoping these new ones aren't too different! (I'm taking both sets this week, just to compare)

You're doing so well Alex, you should be proud of what you're doing, it's no walk in the park, but worth it. I'm glad that you're feeling better now. There are a lot nasty bugs around at the moment, I've had some weird virus for a while that just won't go.

I think when we start to feel under the weather, we and other people are quick to blame the diet, but the good thing about Exante is even though we're calorie limited our nutrients aren't, so we are perfectly healthy, a lot more healthy than people who are eating 'real' food :)

Keep up the good work, weigh in time soon, goes quick doesn't it :)

That's what I kept telling people last week - that we get ALL our RDA of nutrients, so in fact we're probably healthier than most of the people we come into contact with! Ah well, I guess it's easy for people to blame what they don't understand.
And yeah, it really isn't a walk in the park - especially now I'm having to turn down more and more social things, just so that I can stay 100% TS. Some people don't understand that either, but I'm prepared to put things on hold while I'm doing this - for me, the results are well worth it!

Week three weigh-in results are in, and it's 4lbs off for me :party0049: and 5lbs for The Man :happy036:

Really really pleased with those results again! I only need to lose 1lb next week to make it 2st (in 4 weeks) and The Man has already smashed 2.5st in 3 weeks! :eek:

It's still going pretty well on the whole - I realise more and more as I read these forums, how lucky we are that we're doing this together and that we don't have to cook for other people, or keep food in the house.

If you opened my fridge now, all you'd see would be bottles of coke zero and water...and if you opened my cupboards, all you'd see would be Exante products.
I really don't think I could be so focussed if I was confronted with food every time I opened the fridge! So hats off to those of you who are doing this whilst still dealing with food as part of everyday family life - I really do admire you!

Hey Alex,

Ur both doing so well its brilliant! At this rate u should b at goal weight in no time!
Keep up the fab wrk!
I wish i could lose 2 stone id be at my ultimate goal!
Wishing u both all the best :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hey alex... one word AMAZING.. well done beautiful you and your man are doing fantastic... heres to week 4.... best of luck babe x

Aww thanks Precious :)
We're both really starting to feel/see the difference now, which makes it all the more worthwhile :) I'm really looking forward to this Sunday's weigh in actually, as we'll also be taking measurements and photos, so we can see exactly where it's coming off!

We've also been talking about AAM week a lot recently too. We've decided to do it after week 8, which gives us another four weeks TS to go. Then it'll be a nice short-ish run of TS until Christmas (with a short break for me on the 10th December for my works do).
We've also decided to AAM on the 18th October, as that will be our first anniversary as a couple :D We're thinking that we'd like a nice fillet steak with a side salad that day, which will be a nice treat without the risk of coming out of ketosis.

We've also already started thinking about our meals for the proper AAM week, even though it's over four weeks away! We haven't come up with too many ideas yet, so I might have to check out the recipe thread nearer to the time. All I know is that I've got to have a salmon fillet, because whenever I think about food just lately, that's the first thing I think about! Strange, I know!

Well I don't think I'll be up and about for too much longer - I spent two hours last night, and over three hours this afternoon weeding, tidying and sorting out my back garden ready for winter! Needless to say, I'm aching all over and I'm completely wiped out....but surely all the exercise has to count for something ;)

Aww thanks Precious :)
We're both really starting to feel/see the difference now, which makes it all the more worthwhile :) I'm really looking forward to this Sunday's weigh in actually, as we'll also be taking measurements and photos, so we can see exactly where it's coming off!

We've also been talking about AAM week a lot recently too. We've decided to do it after week 8, which gives us another four weeks TS to go. Then it'll be a nice short-ish run of TS until Christmas (with a short break for me on the 10th December for my works do).
We've also decided to AAM on the 18th October, as that will be our first anniversary as a couple :D We're thinking that we'd like a nice fillet steak with a side salad that day, which will be a nice treat without the risk of coming out of ketosis.

We've also already started thinking about our meals for the proper AAM week, even though it's over four weeks away! We haven't come up with too many ideas yet, so I might have to check out the recipe thread nearer to the time. All I know is that I've got to have a salmon fillet, because whenever I think about food just lately, that's the first thing I think about! Strange, I know!

Well I don't think I'll be up and about for too much longer - I spent two hours last night, and over three hours this afternoon weeding, tidying and sorting out my back garden ready for winter! Needless to say, I'm aching all over and I'm completely wiped out....but surely all the exercise has to count for something ;)

Your first anniversary together, aww that's lovely Alex...I can remember when you got together, where does the time go? :)

I've been doing the same thing today, mowing and strimming the back garden, cleaning the shed and doing the garden ready for winter, just the front one to do now :)

I've got another 4 weeks to go til AAM, think I'll live on eggs and veg for that week...I don't eat fish or meat so makes things a little difficult, may have to take up chicken :rolleyes:

We tidied the garden up too. Time of the year for it and it's especially nice when the weathers kind to us.
Congratulations on your anniversary!!! Have a shake on me lol!!

Seems like it's the time for garden tidying lol. Hope all that exercise pays off for all of us.
Happy 1st anniversary when it comes, enjoy your long awaited salmon hope it lives up to your expectations.

Ali xx

Thanks everybody for your lovely posts :D

I've just realised that this will be post number 1000 for me on Minimins! :eek: I wish it was all good news to report, but it's a bit of a mixed bag I'm afraid!
Starting with the positive news - The Man lost another 5lbs this week, making a massive total of just over 3 stone in just four weeks! I don't think either of us have really got our heads around just what a massive acheivement that is to be honest....although we did take some progress photos and measurements yesterday, which was really useful.
The Man said that although he knew he'd lost weight because the scales were saying so, he was finding it difficult to see the difference in himself. The comparison between the pictures we took at the beginning and the ones we took yesterday really helped him to see just how much he's changing.

Onto the not-so-good news, my result on the scales was a little bit disappointing yesterday. I only lost 1.5lbs...which I know is probably just a result of my body adjusting to the big losses I've had up to now, but I was really gutted all the same.
Getting into the 14 stone bracket is a really big deal for me, and I thought that I might have acheived it by the time I weighed in yesterday. Sadly, it wasn't meant to be, but I think I was more dissapointed about that, than I was about only losing 1.5lbs, if that makes any sense.
The photo taking session was also a little bittersweet for me - I really wanted to take them after a good result on the scales when I would be feeling positive and motivated. Unfortunately, I was feeling a bit fragile to begin with, and then I saw the photos that were taken in my underwear (I'm doing both clothed and unclothed photos) and they hit me a bit hard to be honest. I can see the difference since the 'before' photos, but it's still far from a pretty sight :(
All this resulted in a pretty downbeat morning for me, but the positive thing was that I didn't give in and eat anything! I must admit, I did feel like it, but I didn't come close to caving in. I suppose it's all part of the Exante journey really - learning to address emotions without just surpressing them with food....:)

Anyway, sorry for the depressing rant everyone! I feel lots better now - ready to take the bull by the horns and hopefully get into the 14s this week!
x

Oh hugs Alex hunny...

First of all well done on the loss babe it's still a loss and super well done for not turning to food that itself is a massive step forward u know... Those pics may not be great for u but it's definately changing ur body shape slowly... And u will start to enjoy it it...

As for ur man omg omg 3 stone in 4 weeks I'm so jelous men hey why do they lose more than us... If I lost that in 4 weeks I'd be mega made up lol..seriously though well done both of you your both doing simply fabulous

Just hang in there and I betcha ur loss next wi will be a better one but just remember if u add up all the losses since doing this that may tell u exactly how great u have done chick..

Hugs x

Hey Alex
Sorry you were disappointed with your WI it's bound to just be your body adjusting, you'll be in those 14s soon x we all understand how you feel we've all been there x well done on not breaking x you will get there x

Awwww :hug99: sorry you were disappointed with your WI you are doing super well (if there is such a thing lol) measurements can be a real boost when you think you are at a standstill. Photos :sign0137: I don't think I'll ever be happy with my naked body.

Keep going as you are and the 14's will be there in no time. xx

Aww thanks everone :) I'm feeling a bit better about it all now - I just hope this week is a better one! I just can't wait to be 14 something!!
Had a really hungry day yesterday so I ended up having everything a bit earlier than I usually do. I also tried having my water earlier in the day because I'm having to get up loads for a wee in the night. It didn't work though, I was still up three times even though I drank my last water at 4:30pm!!

Also think I might be a bit bunged up at the moment :eek: Can't remember if my last trip to the loo was last Wednesday or Thursday but either way, I definitely haven't been for a while.
Took a Dulcolax last night, but still no movement, so I might have to have a couple tonight (hope it doesn't send me the other way!!)

Sorry for the lovely subject matter today :rolleyes:

x

I wish I took photos and measurements. You are doing great and are an inspiration x

That's a lovely thing to say, thank you :D I've been struggling with my diet/weight and yo-yo-ing for so long now, that I seriously never thought of myself as an inspiration for anyone!
I guess something has finally clicked now I'm doing Exante - the discipline of it helps, and the fact that The Man and I are doing this together makes it much easier than it must be for some people.

Why not do some measurements today? I know you're not right at the beginning, but they might give you a boost later down the line when you've had a dodgy week like me, or you're strugging to see the difference yourself.
x

I think I will. I'll do it in the morning that way I can do it every week at the same time. I don't think work would appreciate me stripping to take measurements every week at this time! Lol I can just imagine their faces! Not sure about the photo as I hate looking in the mirror. Will have to think on that x x

Forgot to say be careful with the dulcolax, tried senakot max but didn't work so bought dulcolax instead. I had 1 which didn't work so had 2 the following night.. Woke up with excruciating pain then had the runs all day. Thought it was a one off and did the same after a few days but had the same thing happen! I just stick to 1 now and if it doesn't work take 1 the following night and i'm then ok in the morning x I know everyone is different but thought i'd mention it x

Back