Dryathlon

Yeah it really helps! My parents do like a drink at the weekend so it might be a test.
I know what you mean re less alcohol for weight loss. I always knew drinks were empty cals but til it was put in syn terms I didn't really see how much I was overdoing it!
Is anyone else around you doing it?
I think I failed as I was the only one that thought I might give it a go- a bit halfhearted too if I'm honest x

No one I know is doing it. But I live on my own, so no one to bring in temptation :)

I was very tempted to buy a bottle of wine tonight. A good day at work didn't end that well, so of course I wanted wine! But, I avoided the shop, came straight home and made a cup of tea.

I have had a near 100% week, with the exception of a blip last weekend that involved Dominos Pizza, with pepperoni dough balls and chicken strips. But with no alcohol in the mix I somehow got a 6lbs loss last night. No idea if the no wine/beer is the reason, but it probably helped.

Hi all... Well done so far, ladies! I'm doing the January Dryathlon challenge as well... Have raised £80 for Cancer Research so far, and my team has raised about £150!
I think I was going to do a dry January anyway to give myself a New Years boost, as I just restarted Slimming World; but knowing that people are sponsoring me and donating money is like, making absolutely sure I don't cave in. I'm a regular red wine drinker. Like, very regular. :) so I'm really missing it, but I think it's helped me a lot, as I suffer from night time munchies, esp after a couple of glasses!

What a fab loss Elanor, well done! I'm sure less alcohol will have helped- less cals & water retention maybe?
Sorry to hear you had a bad day at work- hope you have a nice weekend before going back to it.
Its great that you're fundraising Moonbeam! I sort of wish I'd been a bit more organised in that respect- I'm doing dryathlon with my brother who is normally a big drinker- we could have probably raised a bit in sponsorship!
Hopefully it will give all of us a good boost for losses in Jan :)
I've been invited to a friends tomorrow for a girls night in. This would normally involve cocktails to start (Cosmopolitan) then a couple of bottles of Prosecco & wine to finish.
I'm driving and told them I'm doing dryathlon but thinking I'll take some jazzy soft drinks. Suggestions welcome!

Has anyone else thought this or will you be cracking a drink come 1st Feb? X

It's funny that you mention this today as I've seriously been thinking, hey, maybe I should carry this on for another month. It's given me a great kick start to my healthier eating, etc. But after today, man, I could so do with a glass of red wine!
I think I might have another think about it at the end of the month, when I can look back and see how much things have improved.
The funny thing is, I was at the doctor last week for a blood pressure check and chat, and the nurse recommended an occasional glass of wine to help me relax!! Hahaha...

Wow I don't think I've ever heard a doc recommend a glass of wine! Lol that's practically a prescription, right?!
I suppose if you don't overdo it the relaxing effects/reduced stress & associated illness might outweigh the potential I'll effect of booze!
Its made me realise that I actually drink more out of habit than desire, which is both surprising but great to know! X

Day 17! How is everyone doing? I am really craving wine today, but luckily there is none in the house, and I am too lazy to go to the shop :D

I have heard that a glass of red wine can be beneficial. I can happily go along with that!

Don't beat yourself up. You are still doing really well, and it was only a tiny slip up. :) x

I think it goes to show how sometimes we do drink without thinking too much about it.

Weekends are definitely the hardest. Yesterday I really wanted some wine, but today I have gotten over it :) Feb 1st, I am planning on a bottle! Although, it will be interesting to see if I do actually want it.

I think it goes to show how sometimes we do drink without thinking too much about it.

Weekends are definitely the hardest. Yesterday I really wanted some wine, but today I have gotten over it :) Feb 1st, I am planning on a bottle! Although, it will be interesting to see if I do actually want it.

I agree! My brother, who I'm doing it with, is planning a couple of beers in the pub, and looking forward to it though not counting down
I have thought about it but the idea of wine is making me gag a little!
Sure I'll feel differently the longer I go.
Been nice to break some habits though, pricey and sabotaging my weight loss I'm sure.
It is strange when I think how often I would have drank out of habit or obligation but not want! X

Ihave thought about it but the idea of wine is making me gag a little!

Um, nope I haven't quite hit that stage yet! I am very much looking forward to wine on Feb 1st, but am really happy with how my weight loss is going (hope I haven't just jinxed it!) and enjoying SW much more so far this time, as I'm using my syns everyday and for yummy food, rather than saving them up and using them for wine. :)

I am looking forward to a glass of wine. But, I am hoping my habit of drinking one bottle in an evening has been broken, and that I drink it and enjoy it, rather than just mindlessly guzzling it.

Back