Dryathlon

It is definitely a good thing to do. I am quite proud of myself for actually sticking to this. And that's fine if that is how you feel :) If you decide that you don't want/need to drink, then it can only be a good thing in the long run. Then if you want an occasional drink, that's fine too :) x

It is going quick! I'm still doing okay without any wine in the evenings; it's just during the day when things get hectic and I think 'Ah, yes, a large glass of Cab Sauv will be lovely tonigh - Aw flip! I can't have any! '

But I'm hoping I can stick to my developing Sleepytime tea habit after January is over.
I'm sure I'll be fine at first, but it's happened before, where it just gradually builds up to be an 'every evening' thing - and I don't want to go down that route again!

Only a week to go until the challenge is over :) I think we have all done really well :) I am looking forward to a drink, but I am not craving a whole bottle of anything!

Good idea having the peanut hot chocolate, sounds lovely! I like the peanut hottie, it is like peanut butter in drink form, and is lush!

Yes!! Well done ladies! Has it helped with your weight loss at all? I think it's made a big difference for me, just because I was in a BAD habit of going into binge mode after a couple glasses of wine. I will hopefully have broken that habit - will probably be saving the wine for weekends and really limiting myself to stay within syns.

I had a sts for first WI January (I'd been good but think everything was catching up). Last week lost 2lb (thrilled- rarely lose a whole number never mind two!). WI is tomorrow so will see.. I think its definitely helped me. I was regularly going over syns and not bothering to work out by how many.
This year if I've gone over, I've cut back the next day to compensate.
I think drink made me not care anymore! Which sometimes is no bad thing- I can get a bit obsessed- but dryathlon has done the trick in getting me focussed to hit target :) x

Well done ladies!! I was seriously planning on staying up past midnight and posting a pic of my glass of red wine at 12:01, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open!
Definitely treating myself to a glass tonight - reserving the syns for it - 8.5! A lot, let's see if it's worth it, now that I'm used to spending my syns on meringues and other sweet treats :)

Yeah that's a point moonbeam! How can I fit in wine & chocolate!!
Ive saved up 28.5 syns for today so will spend them wisely :)
Enjoy your red! Looking forward to a large glass of crisp white.. Or 3! (24 syns! Ouch!)

I went for the white after all!! I may have enough syns left for a small red before bed tho.

Getting my chocolate fix from my HexB cookies tonight - just going into the oven - 2.5 syns for all four cookies!

Galaxy chocolate is 1 syn per square if you have any... All I have is Lindt chocolate balls which are four syns each!!

Well, I gave in on Friday! I drank a whole bottle of wine (also Pinot Grigio, the best white). It is safe to say I wish I hadn't, it led me to binge on chocolate and then cheese on toast! After I made sure my dinner was syn free. However, it has taught me a valuable lesson, that a whole bottle in one night is not necessary, and actually not that enjoyable. Today I had one glass of wine with lunch, and I felt that was enough, for the first time ever!!

Omigosh - yes, wine, chocolate then cheese on toast. The holy trinity of bad diet habits... I'm so guilty of that as well. Can't let myself go in that direction anymore in case I get lost again! Once I get to target, I will let go a bit, but think I need to keep a tight rein on my syns for now. :)

Back