Eff you, food. Shake it off!

Hi Sasha, hi Chloe,

I didn't get the alerts for this, so now I feel really ignorant. I wasn't hiding away, promise! <3

Welcome to the struggle, Chloe. I'm on my seventh day, but it feels way longer. I had a small bowl of beans, and two slices of wholemeal toast on a couple of the days, and on a couple, I just had cereal, and then the rest of the day, just shakes. I just made my boyfriend Spaghetti Bolognese. Uuuughhhhhh. Haha the whole house smells yummy! I did NOT have any *so proud*

Yay! Sasha, 4lb is sooooo good! Eeek! I'm so happy for you :D

I hope you have a good time tonight and don't get pressured into nomming everything. Still, it's okay to have a treat now and then too!

How are you going with the Slim Fast, Chloe? You can do this! WE CAN ALL DO THIS!
What Sasha said is key, water is really important, and it makes you feel so full.
and I think keeping a food diary has really helped me too!

Anyway... I went to Primark today, needed an outfit for something and I felt really good when trying stuff on which is always good. My size 20 skirt felt a little loose so I got an 18 (This outfit is for June).

:kitty:

Dont be daft, you wernt being ignorant! Im glad you both dont mind me blending into your chat lol. Aw beans on toast is nothing, on slimming world that would be totally free! Thats what I love about SW, because you can actually eat.. but the weightloss can be kinda slow. Well Iv had 2 shakes and some mango. The headache is unbearable, Iv already had a mini breakdown lol. My baby is teething and has been really wingey.. Iv found Iv been a little inpatient with her which I dont like atal. I haven't actually felt hungry, Just a sick with a killer headache :( Good news your seeing results in clothes! It kindof gives you the motivation to carry on doesnt it? Has it gotten easier as the days have gone on? Like have the headaches faded? Im feeling really weak and shakey now :/ Just wish these symptoms would fade so I could just concentrate on my day instead of being ill.

Oh, I'm sorry you're having headaches :( *hugs* that really sucks. I often get migraine's, and don't wish that on anyone.

I would say some days are easier and some days are hard (really really hard), instead of, 'it gets easier and easier'. I think it just depends on a lot of things. Surroundings, mood, etc.

I was quite busy today, and it was hot, so I found it easier not to eat (though I did sneak some m&ms).

The first couple of days I felt very weak, and shaky, your body just has to adjust. When I felt like that, I ended up having food, and lots of sleep. I hated it. But it will go. Because when I bounced back, I didn't get like that again.

Good luck!

Do you have a support system, who know what you're doing?

I reeeeeally want to weigh myself, to see if anymore pounds have gone, but I know I will be so disappointed (and will just binge), if I haven't lost any, or have gained! And then I think, ahhhh, it's only my eighth day (almost).

My eyes are closing. It's after 4am.

Hope you both had a good night.

Zzzzz. <3

Did you weigh yourself after a week? What was your first loss?

Yes I have my boyfriend who is supportive but I just feel like I dont ever want my daughter to suffer because Im selfishly not eating and having no patience with her.

So yesterday I had 2 shakes and a pasta and sauce before bed. I literally felt sick and ill so I thought I wanna eat something to see if it helped, it didnt really... but I have woke up without a headache which is great. Im tempted to weight myself already lol Its only been one day!! But thats the problem with having scales at home! I get addicted to weighing myself.

I get what you say about being busy and when the weathers nice. It does motivate you and help keep your mind off food.. For me its the ill feeling. I can cope without eating if only I still had energy and no headache.

Hey!
How are you doing today?

Chloe - I got really bad headaches for the first 3 days and then they disappeared and haven't returned but sympathise cause not only are you starving but to have a headache on top isn't great. I'm glad it's better today.

Must be tough doing this and having a baby who's teething etc. I was impatient at the beginning, I think it's just par for the course but like Minou said some days easier and some hard! It's been 2 weeks for me and I'm finding that my energy is up a bit now and as I walk I've got more of a 'spring' lol. So I hope that happens for you soon, you need lots of energy with a baby. You are doing great though and I've found - even adding a bit of food now and again (cause sometimes you just have to!) - it's not the end of the world and you'd still be under the calories you were eating before. Must say, Slim Fast is a good idea as I'm not very organised so I'd like to be able to pop into Superdrug if I run out!

Minou - Whoop Whoop loser clothes already!! And Primark come up small I find! Such a lovely feeling.
What are you planning this outfit for? In June?

When are you both going to weigh? It's soooo hard to stop yourself. I was going to get on the scales this morning but resisted (only thing stopping me is I don't feel like I've lost) and if I'd gone up at all that would be disastrous!

WE CAN ALL DO THIS. :)

Actually I have a confession too... I broke the end off a lovely warm French stick and popped it in my mouth earlier. My BF was most dismayed that we'd been cheated and bought a 'broken' French loaf! It was amazingly delicious though! And now my bf is eating a curry with naan and I am literally salivating. Swings and roundabouts. Good day/Bad day. It's great to have the support of a boyfriend but not so great that they eat.

Take care both. xx

Oh nooooo, Minou!!! Our posts must have crossed now I know how your day's been :)

The worst thing is when you don't even enjoy it! Stop there, it'll still be ok. Last week when I ate the warm roll etc I was mad because I didn't enjoy it. I wouldn't have been so cross if it had been as good as I thought it would be. Start again from NOW. You can do it. Just think of how great it will be when you have to take the skirt back to Primark for a 16 come June as the 18 is waaayyyyy too big. GO GIRL... it is just one jam doughnut. xx

GOOD DAY/BAD DAY :banghead:

Aw minou dont feel so bad! Your foing so well and as Sasha says your still eating way less than if you wernt on the diet atal! Just draw a line under it and think of how amazing you've been other than the odd slip up!

I think Im deffo going to add a meal. Iv just made up some prep meals.. (chicken broccoli and boiled rice) Im going to have one soon as Iv had two shakes and some grapes so far. I dont feel half as bad today. Headache is lingering but not as strong atal.. I think adding a clean meal will help as uts something to look forward to.. like even though Im hungry I can think well just hold out a few more hours and I can enjoy some food.

Sasha that french stick story has had my mouth watering. Theres nothing wirse than watching the bf eat! I made him a bacon butty this morning amd I felt like throwing it at him lol

I weighed today because I just can never help myself.. 14st 7 :O Couldnt beliebe it thats 3lb in 1 day but I think itll be mainly water.. it deffo made me that little bit more determind though! But I totes understand where your coming from. If I saw a gain I would of just probably given up.

Chloe, 3lb in one day WOW friggin hell that's fantastic lol. Nothing like that to keep you going. Sounds like you are getting there organising your meals and stuff. Well done! Having something to look forward to (like your meal or for me it's a hot chocolate shake) definitely keeps you going. Couldn't do a diet where there is no enjoyment at all.

Minou - hope you are ok and feeling full of fight tomorrow.

Night xx

Hi, hi <3

Oh crap. TOTM. I feel so silly not knowing that. Sorry I've been **** at responding the last few days, I've been mad at myself. Stupid food. Grr argh.

I ate more stuff (after the doughnut) today. Ahhhh! BUT I did go to the gym tonight. Boom.

I going to weigh myself tomorrow, so we shall see!

You're both doing so well, I am so glad! Congrats, Chloe on the 3lb. Wowzers. That's so awesome! Well done :D

You guys help me so much. Seeing you do so well inspires me to keep going. So thank you! :girlpower:

Chicken and rice sounds so yummy! That's a great meal to have. I think once we find the right way for us, it starts to feel better.

I'm so full of water. I'm sloshy. Haha.

Sweet dreams, loves.
XO

Aw dont be mad just try and move on from it. We've all done it :(. Im only on day 3 and Im glad Iv not so far but I know Im just a temptation away from breaking! We just need to take ourselves out the situation where we are around food. Iv asked my partner to stop buying cakes,choc,crisp and he says he will but he still does its a nightmare.

Yes 3lb it was quite shocking but Im not gonna weigh myself now until its been a week, so Monday! I really enjoyed the chicken n rice but it was a little dry. I was tempted to add some sauce but I knew itd ruin a meal with no fat on it atal so I just got on with it. But that is a great idea for a clean meal if your thinking of adding one. I made 6 of them so atleast on the days Im weak and tired I can just throw one in the microwave! Those are the days that it seems so easy to just order a take out!!

Sasha when are you weighing again? I love having people to talk to about all this crap that my bf doesnt understand. I hope we all have a good day today! Do you guys work or anything? Bcos Im at home with baby sometimes I feel like that makes it harder as some days I have nothing (except a very energetic 10 month old ofcourse) to keep me busy and distract my mind from the fact theres food other than shakes 10 seconds away from the sofa lol :| Xx

Hi

I'm at home all the time too, so it's definitely harder not having that structure in place. I do try to stay busy with writing and stuff but sometimes I just have to make myself go out, and then I find it easier.

I really enjoyed the gym last night, and I'm definitely feeling it today, I am trying for twice more, at least, this week.

I have started to grab the water first now instead of food, to see if that fills me/satisfy me. And I just got a delivery of some new flavours so that will help too. I only had strawberry left, and was avoiding having to have the same flavour every time.

So, today is my ninth day, and I have lost in total, 7lbs. :bliss:
It's not as much as I hoped, but I have eaten way more than I should have. Yesterday I didn't have any shakes at all.

Onwards and upwards.

How are you both? *hugs*

:mermaid:

Half a stone is an amazing loss considering youv not followed the diet religiously! Be proud of yourself! If you lose another 7lb by next week then you're a stone down!! I think we expect way to much sometimes!

Yeah its much easier for me to when Im out and about.. I just feel like It takes my mind off food and I dont realise that Iv not ate. I feel great today. No headache so far., not really tired.. had my morning shake and thats it so far. Im not finding the not eating as hard as I thought.. so far anyway!

I havent been to the gym atal this month which is annoying because Im still paying for it lol... I find my weight loss slows way down when I go to the gym. Which I hate!

Last edited:
Yey. 7lb loss let's kick ass!! lol. Well done, Minou - losing 7lb especially after a tough week is even more of an achievement if you ask me. Plus a gym session. Wow, our weight losses so far nearly total 2 stone between us and we've hardly been at it anytime at all. Imagine what we can do in a month's time??!! Ok, I'm getting ahead of myself :)

It must be hard being at home all day. I started working part time a year and a half ago and put on 3stone in that time and that's only being home afternoons! I'm planning to do a workout tonight just to keep my mind occupied and have just chucked the remains of yesterday's French loaf in the bin...I'll eat anything right now (stale or otherwise) and it is too tempting. God, I'll be riffling through dustbins soon. Arrrggh.

I've been downing the water too. And, funny you say Minou that you now reach for the water first. I found I did the same after about a week. I wouldn't be caught dead with a glass of water, now I'm sitting here with a pint! And I never recognised thirst before and this morning I though, 'Wow, I feel really thirsty' and had a drink which satisfied what before I'd have thought was hunger and reached for a Belgium bun. So it's starting to fall into place. All be it slowly.

I weigh on a Monday Chloe. I've started keeping a food diary like Minou suggested (and I add a bit about mood or if something's upset me) I'm hoping it'll help give me a clue as to any triggers that set me off on a binge. Be helpful when I go back to food full time.

My bf said my bum looked a bit smaller today. Not sure whether it's a compliment lol. I know it was pretty massive before because I took photos.
Have you both taken photo's before you started? And measurements?
How are you both getting on today? Hope everything's going ok...

xx

Im doing great. Just had my second shake and its actually filled me up. I may try and hold out on a meal tonight. But either way I cant really go wrong with or without. No headache so far *touching wood*

But yeah I keep thinking the same... where could I be in a month if I keep on this track! It feels so good when someone notices isnt it.. My mum said my bum and stomach looked smaller today, I say its because Im wearing black lol. I feel like you always look slimmer when you havnt eaten though..

Yes get rid of anything tempting! Its awful when theres gorgeous food staring you right in the face. But knowing you've resisting is a good feeling.

Food diary sounds great... Think I may join you both! I took pics and measurements a few weeks ago so I will just go off them. I'm excited and inpatient!! xX

Aww thanks girls. It means a lot to be sharing this journey with you, both yours and mine :D

I went to the gym again tonight! So I'm well on my way for my goal of 3 or 4 times a week.

Ah. It's always nice when someone notices your progress. I know it's hard to tell sometimes if they're just saying it for encouragement but I'm sure in these cases it's true since we have all done so well. When I tried on my new outfit that I was telling you about (for June. I am going to a convention, think Comic Con but smaller, and they have theme nights. One of the themes is Cartoon Capers, and I'm dressing as Velma from Scooby Doo), I sent a picture of me in it to my mom, and she saw me just before I started the shakes and says I look different already. 7lb might not look like much change but that's why it's important to keep an eye on your clothes, and do measurements as well as weigh yourself so you can track your progress.

Wow, we really are on our way between us. I'm so proud of us!

Proud also that even when we have setbacks or moments when we reach for the good stuff, we don't give in. I think it's been really great for us all to have the support of each other.

I'm glad no headaches, Chloe! That's really great.

Yeah, being at home around food all the time sucks. I'm the cook in the house, I'm also the one who does the shopping. So... Kill me now?! Haha.

I am so susceptible to everything. Everything I watch, someone is always eating, and not only does it make me hungry but it makes me hungry for the exact thing they are eating. Even if, one minute, it's cake (OMG cake! *mouth watering*), then the next pizza or chicken. (OMG, KFC!)

:mermaid:

Ahh dont, I am so craving a pizza you dont understand! I could eat dominos out of house and home. Im the exact same thou minou.. I dont feel it until I see someone eating. My aunty was eating spaghetti on toast yesterday morning and I swear to god it smelt and looked like the nicest thing in the world lol! Im the cook to :( Even though Ive not done much of it in the last few days..

Oh your convention sounds cool, I bet your looking forward to it. And I agree 7lb doesnt seem mu h when you think of how many points we have to lose but when you actually put it in perspective, half a stone can change your whole shape. I cant wait to compaire my measurements and pics at the end of the month. This diet is a great way to kick start good eating habbits.

Welll done for going to the gym. I need to take a leaf out of your book. The gym is around the corner!! I just have little energy really..

Hope we all have a good day today xX

Last edited:
Hey Both,
Oohh, spaghetti on toast sounds divine right now.

Oh, convention sounds cool. Love the theme you are going for. I wish we could post photos (don't think you can until your stats are up) but I'd love to see that photo lol. x
Yes, well done for going to the gym again. I know I need to get more workouts in, like you Chloe energy levels have taken a nose dive as has my motivation. I definitely need to tone up as I'm losing weight though.

Minou, you are so right we have all had our struggles but we've not given in. I know I definitely wouldn't be here now still hanging on in there without you guys supporting me. And reading the stories on here and stuff. Long may it continue.

I am away for the next few days (back Sunday) so I'll catch up with you both then. Have a great Bank Holiday weekend and STAY STRONG. :cross: Hope today has been good to you both. xx

I knew you would both get it, if I see any food at this point, I want it! Even if I don't like it, if it smells good, that's good with me.

I am going to be treating myself with chicken and (gluten free) pasta today (with pesto), and a small handful of fries. One of my favourite meals.

I plan on going to the gym again as well. While I'm in the zone, I may as well.

Yeah, I know. Posting pics would be cool. Maybe by then, my stats will be up.

Dancing is great exercise, and I know Sasha, you do Zumba, but Chloe, you could just put some music on and dance around the house, you only need a few minutes of movement to get everything going and it's great for the mood.

I'm off to glug down a bottle of water.

Hope you have a good time while you're off Sasha.

Hope you have a good day today too, Chloe <3

Sasha I hope you enjoy your weekend away and resist temptation. Its even harder when your away from home so dont be too hard on yourself! Yeah its so good to have the support of like minded people. Even just to know theres people going through the struggle with me kind of makes it easier.

Minou enjoy your treat. I think you can afford to cheat a little when your working out to! Im gonna start doing a mini work out tomorrow to get me back in the zone lol, hopefully that way I'll feel like going to the gym in the next few days.

Iv had one shake and some noodles. I didn't have my second shake, mainly because I cannot be arsed making it lol. Im hungry but not starving. No headache. I had a cup of tea a few hours ago so I think thats whats kind of filled me up.

Ohh by the way I weighed myself! 5lb down now :O 14st 5lb!!!

Last edited:
Back