Em's mission to live up to the username!

It's been a fairly synful weekend but I'm hoping I'm still in my limits! Time to tot up the damage...

Saturday:
Breakfast: Coffee with semi-skimmed milk from 1/2 HexA
Lunch: Leek and potato soup [onion(s), leek(s), potato, chicken stock] with 1 Babybel Original (1/2 HexA) and 2 Ryvita Pumpkin Seeds and Oats (HexB)
Dinner: Steak with asparagus
(s), tomato(s), onion(s), red pepper(s) and salad. Unfortunately it came with a peppercorn sauce (I didn't realise until it turned up and by then I was so hungry that I just tried to scrape as much off as possible!) so I'm going to estimate a couple of syns for cooking methods and 4 syns for the sauce (rounding up a tbsp of double cream for worst case scenario). 6 syns.
Snacks: A whole bottle of dry white wine...
:whistle: 24 syns! 40g Doritos... 10 syns.

Day total = 40 syns! --> 51/105 weekly syns.

Sunday:
Breakfast: Baked beans
(ss) on 1 slice unbuttered white toast = 4 syns , grilled bacon with fat removed.
Lunch: 2 x Alpen Light bars (HexB), cappuccino with HexA milk allowance. (Feeling fragile!)
Dinner: Not sure yet. My stomach's still sore and all I really want is toast. Might have some pasta with fat free fromage frais based sauce and lots of rocket and salad.

I have a very poorly boyfriend who's spent the afternoon being very sick. This included lots of stops on the M3. Looks like another week where he'll lose more than me! Bless him - he's not well at all. Currently curled up under a duvet on the sofa, asleep on my shoulder so I'd best give him some love and attention.

Day total = 4 syns. Week total = 55/105 syns. Not quite as terrible as I thought. Might have to add in a gym session or a long walk tomorrow to counter the effect of Saturday's indulgence! It was well worth it though and lovely to be able to do it without feeling like I'd blown the whole diet. I don't think I'll quite reach my 1 stone award this week..!

Another bumper edition! I was out seeing Skyfall last night so I wasn't around to update! Had a lot of drama after Sunday's entry - the OH started throwing up what looked like coffee grounds, so we were advised by NHS Direct to take him to A&E. It all turned out fine - there's a vomiting bug going around so they think that's what it was. They did all sorts of checks on him at the hospital and said he was well hydrated and I was doing everything right. They just gave him some anti-sickness tablets and told us it should clear up within 48 hours - which thankfully it has! I don't know how I've not caught it from him though. Might have helped with weight loss this week..!

Monday:
Breakfast: Coconut Mullerlight (0.5 syns) and a punnet of strawberries (ss)
Lunch/Dinner: I ate quite late so I had leftover pasta with fat free fromage frais, chopped tomatoes
(s), onion(s), mushrooms(s), basil and 30g cheddar cheese (HexA)
Snacks: Apple
(s), Mint HiFi (HexB), 2 x clementines (s)

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Toffee Mullerlight with apple & sultana Alpen Light (1/2 HexB). apple
(s) and grapes.
Lunch:
Pasta with fat free fromage frais, chopped tomatoes(s), onion(s), mushrooms(s), basil and 30g cheddar cheese (HexA).
Dinner: Venison burger (1 syn), SW chips, mushrooms
(s), onion (s), baby sweetcorn (s).
Snacks: Alpen Light (1/2 HexB), apple
(s), grapes, strawberries (ss).

Totally in love with the venison burgers! I found out that Tesco Finest Venison sausages are only 1 syn each too! I've tried the Tesco Light Choices sausages but I just don't find them as tasty as normal sausages, so I am plotting a gorgeous wintery casserole with the venison sausages.

Time to snuggle up with my recovered OH! Dreading WI this week but hopefully a day at Westfields tomorrow will help me out!

I am poorly sick so the food diary's largely on suspension.

Yesterday I managed 2 Alpen Lights (HexB) and 250ml semi skimmed (HexA) in coffee - which may have been my downfall for the rest of the day. I supped on a Sprite (11 syns) but that was all I could manage.

1.5lb down at weigh in yesterday but feeling too bleurgh to really feel positive about it. I've missed my two exercise classes this week :( and even though I know I've been in no fit state to do them I feel bad about it. I can't wait to feel better!

Just had a catch up on your diary, your a busy girl! poor OH and now you, do you have the same thing he had? I assume that he is on SW too? I cook all sw meals but boyf still eats extras on top and last night he ate a thai green curry at 10.30pm with chip shop chips (really annoyed me, and it smelt so good)
Congrats on your 1.5 off and dont worry about mising exercise just concentrate on feeling better x

Hope you're feeling better. I love Westfield!

You seem like you're really on top of the plan, I love the different things you're having each day.

Look after yourself and feel better soon x

Just had a catch up on your diary, your a busy girl! poor OH and now you, do you have the same thing he had? I assume that he is on SW too? I cook all sw meals but boyf still eats extras on top and last night he ate a thai green curry at 10.30pm with chip shop chips (really annoyed me, and it smelt so good)
Congrats on your 1.5 off and dont worry about mising exercise just concentrate on feeling better x

Thanks. Feeling heaps better but not quite 100% yet. The OH was convinced it was food poisoning from swordfish he had on Saturday night but I think he's now on board that it was a virus.

The OH isn't on SW but he eats what I eat - just loaded with mayo and cheese and the occasional takeaway in between! He's still managed to lose weight - not that he needs it! He's 6ft 1 and has never been remotely overweight, but he does get self conscious about his beer belly!

Hope you're feeling better. I love Westfield!

You seem like you're really on top of the plan, I love the different things you're having each day.

Look after yourself and feel better soon x

Thanks! I don't know why but I'm feeling really meh about it all at the moment. Had to reality check myself this morning and remind myself that I've lost 4lb in the past two weeks. A woman at my group gave out pictures of dresses divided up in 14 so we can colour in our weight loss 1lb at a time up to Christmas, so I've done that this morning and it's focused me a lot!

I haven't got enough SF in at the moment but it's not as though I'm eating anything in its place so I'm hoping it doesn't hurt! I feel like I've sneaked the weight off my body so far and now I'm approaching 1 stone it's started to notice and hold on to it!

I guess I've sort of accidentally had a couple of Green Days through not having enough SF food in! Not very inspiring but they're all I've fancied...

Thursday:
Breakfast: 2 x Alpen Light Bars (HexB)
Lunch/Dinner: Sweet potato with 30g cheddar (HexA)
Snacks: Mini Cheddars - 6.5 syns

Friday:
Breakfast:
2 x Alpen Light Bars (HexB 1)
Lunch/Dinner: Jacket potato, 1 x Babybel Original (HexA), baked beans (ss).
Snacks: Apple, Mint Crunch Hi Fi (HexB 2)

Out for lunch tomorrow with a friend and then heading to the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition. Hopefully my appetite will be back!

Thanks Jo! I've been meaning to start diarising again so you've given me a good push!

I am full of a cold and it's making me feel quite sick and dizzy. I'm determined to stick to plan though after a night of cocktails which came to about 50 syns! I'd saved 19 already this week so I need to keep the rest of the week low.

B: 35g Bran Flakes (HexB) with raspberry and cranberry Mullerlight and an apple.
L: Really not hungry. I'm going to make some soup for the week so I might have some of that with 30g cheddar (HexA).
D: Tesco Venison burger (1 syn) with SW chips, curly kale and sugar snap peas.

Snacks: Probably nothing with the way I'm feeling!

Weekly syns: 65.5/105

Soup made and eaten! I used a Raymond Blanc recipe that was really easy to make SW friendly:

Small onion
200g watercress
100g spinach
Frylight (instead of 50g butter)
375ml boiling water
375g ice

Dice the onion and fry in a large saucepan on a low heat in Frylight for 2-5mins.
Turn up the heat. Add the watercress and spinach and wilt for 2 minutes.
Pour over the boiling water and heat on a medium-high heat for 2 mins.
Add the ice to stop the cooking process.
Once the ice has melted, season with salt and pepper and blend the soup until very smooth.

Because the soup has cooled you need to reheat it a bit to serve it straight away, but it worked well! Very tasty.

Soup made and eaten! I used a Raymond Blanc recipe that was really easy to make SW friendly:

Small onion
200g watercress
100g spinach
Frylight (instead of 50g butter)
375ml boiling water
375g ice

Dice the onion and fry in a large saucepan on a low heat in Frylight for 2-5mins.
Turn up the heat. Add the watercress and spinach and wilt for 2 minutes.
Pour over the boiling water and heat on a medium-high heat for 2 mins.
Add the ice to stop the cooking process.
Once the ice has melted, season with salt and pepper and blend the soup until very smooth.

Because the soup has cooled you need to reheat it a bit to serve it straight away, but it worked well! Very tasty.

Mmm sounds nice, I do like making my own soup would never have dreamed of it before sw! X

Tell me about it! I started with the leek and potato recipe on the SW website but now I just chuck all sorts in! I make so many things I wouldn't have tried before - and have been a lot more imaginative making things Extra Easy friendly.

Morning campers! I've spent the morning taking down Christmas decorations. Back to grey normality... Except, the OH and I have booked a sunny holiday! It's not until October but it gives me something to aim for target for!

Someone else has suggested that once I get to target (yes, it's going to happen) I should start putting my weekly fee towards nice swimwear - because I'm determined to wear a bikini!

So, on with the plan:

B: 35g Bran Flakes (HexB), toffee Mullerlight, apple
L: Watercress soup with 30g cheddar (HexA)
D: Swedish meatballs (Feb page on SW calendar from last magazine) with mash, sliced greens, mange tout.

Snacks: 2 Hotel Chocolat chocolates = 5 syns

Weekly syns: 70.5/105

Evening all!

I had a bit of a dizzy evening - put rice on the hob, dinner in the oven, came back 35mins later to discover I'd turned the oven on but not set a temperature! I've been trying to eat earlier so that was a bit of a kicker.

I had a bit of a disaster with lunch too. I took lunch to work last Friday but didn't eat it so I stuck it in the fridge there for lunch today. I got it out and it smelled pretty bad, but I thought it was just the cauliflower. I took it home to eat because I didn't want to stink the office out but a few mouthfuls in I realised it just tasted too wrong to still be okay! It was pasta and veg with a HexA of Kerry Low Low Cheese Spread so it sort of messed up my Hex measurement.

Anyway, it's been another 100% day and having been EE all day I might switch it to a Green day.

B: 35g Bran Flakes (HexB) with bananas and custard Mullerlight and grapes.
L: ~30g Kerry Low Low Cheese spread (1/2 HexA) with pasta, cauliflower, broccoli and spinach. ~15g cheddar (1/2 HexA) with watercress soup (spinach, watercress, onion and water)
D: Quorn sticky fillet with wholegrain rice, crispy brussel sprouts and spring greens.

Snacks: 2 x Hotel Chocolat chocolates (5 syns), apple.

Weekly syns: 75.5/105

I might have a look at how many syns Haagen Dazs is. We've got some in the freezer and I just fancy chocolate!

I had the Haagen Dazs Pralines, Chocolate and Caramel - 52 g for 6.5 syns, so I'm at 82/105 syns for the week.

I have my first Spinning class since before Christmas today... I think I might die! The instructor is a friend of mine and she hasn't 'spun' since before Christmas either so hopefully she won't be too mean!

I'm really hoping for a good result on the scales tomorrow. I'd love to lose all my Christmas weight gain in one go. I'd be even happier if I manage to squidge off just a little bit more! I need to lose 3lbs to be at my halfway point. If I manage it this week I'll have done it in 16 weeks (with gains for Christmas and New Year) and if I could duplicate it I would be at target on 1st May! My cousin is getting married on 13th April so I'd love to be nearly there so I can feel great about the photos.

I think today is going to be a Green day...

B: 35g Bran Flakes (HexB 1) with Mullerlight raspberry and cranberry and an apple
L: 6 Finn Crisp (HexB 2) with 75g Philadelphia Light (HexA) and another apple
D: Not really sure! Maybe Leek and Potato Soup. If I'm hungry (and since Christmas I seem to be permanently starving) it might be Linda McCartney sausages with veg and some sort of potato.

Off to down lots of low cal squash so I'm hydrated ahead of class!

Spinning went well! I surprised myself and managed to keep up with the instructor all the way through.

Dinner ended up being 2 Linda McCartney Red Onion and Rosemary sausages, roasted cubed potatoes coated in mixed mangetout and green beans.

I'm so tired this evening. I want to comfort eat chocolate and get into bed! I'm going to check the sausages are free on Green and have a hot chocolate with my second HexA for 2 syns.

Edit: I ended up having 2 Guylian Chocolate Seashells for 3 syns each taking my weekly total to 88/105.

Last edited:
I haven't had a great food day today - I've been on plan but I hadn't really planned ahead properly. I meant to go shopping for various bits last night but completely forgot! Then I forgot about the emergency Alpen Light bars I have in case I don't have anything in for breakfast. I've been less hungry today in any case so it can't be too bad... I went shopping at lunch and pulled it back for dinner!

B: 3 Ryvita Cracked Black Pepper (HexB) with some of my 75g Philly Light (Hex A) and an apple.
L: 3 Finn Crisp (3 syns) with the rest of my Philly and another apple.
D: Beef, carrots, swede, potato, shallots and parsnips cooked in 140 ml red wine (2.5syns ish per portion) topped up with water and an oxo cube.

Snacks: Another apple and 12 giant chocolate buttons (I'll check the syns, I think it was 6).

That takes me probably the closest to my syn limit I've ever been at 99/105! The week's over though so a clean sheet tomorrow.

My work this week paid off as I lost 3.5lbs!! That takes me beyond my pre Christmas weight (I gained 2.5) and back to the onwards and downwards! My mini aim at the moment is to be 10st 7 by the Valentines Day - that's the weight I was when I met my OH nearly 2 years ago. 5lbs to lose in 5 weigh ins. It's on!

Back