Enough of the messing around....new targets to aim for

Yesterday I managed 7695 steps which wasn't too bad. It is so cold that walking along the front isn't a pleasure at the moment. I am also really busy work wise so don't get the same opportunities for a wander.

Today isn't over yet but I am not expecting high numbers. I do usually manage the ten flights of stairs though and kettle bells on alternate days.

Hello everyone,

How's it going? Sun is out here and lots of wind blowing...First clients arrived so started cleaning work this week so to help me along I think 'body magic'. Then I justify having a creme egg - but all gone now! Because of the wind and the rain from Africa I had to clean the balconies and windows again. All well and good but I feel very very tired all of the time. On the plus side my clothes feel noticeably bigger now. I'm sticking to the plan ok but feel a bit deprived this week and I've found it hard to stop thinking of food I can't eat.

MLouiseH hope all is going well

Daisybell where is your seaside walk?

x

Nowhere near as exotic as you. Cleethorpes!

People don't realise that we have a beautiful sandy beach and yesterday I had the benefit of a free dermabrasion as the sand whipped along the promenade.

...sounds bracing! We don't too many sandy beaches up here in the north, mostly large pebbles, there's nothing nicer than being by the sea where-ever you are! I have a 'Skegness is SO bracing' mug (I'm from Nottingham so have had lots of day trips to Skeg) which always makes me smile.
The beach looks lovely, I love seeing piers too(I just wiki'd Cleethorpes)

I'm here!

Love Skeggy - when I was growing up I spent every summer in Chapel St Leonards. I did my first year rep's training in Butlins Skegness in February - now that was bracing.

I peaked at 11,672 steps on Thursday but otherwise have hovered around the 5,000 mark. I've had a great week on plan until yesterday when OH sabotaged the curry with about 8tbsp of oil. Not sure what the WI tomorrow will show, possibly a gain from my last one 2 weeks ago. My main aim is to stay on plan tomorrow instead of clowing it after WI.

How's everyone else doing?

I'm struggling a bit tonight, I missed lunch and ended up starving by 6pm. OH made a pizza base which we realised was 30 syns (between us) but decided to have only one half between us. We baked it, guess the rest...so although within my syn allocation I'm feeling like eating something sweet and having a glass of wine. Even found ourselves trying to justify it by having missed calories at lunch but I'm guessing it doesn't work like that! Shame it's a weigh-in tomorrow :(

I'm working away for a few days and always find it a challenge. Was as good as I could be yesterday. - gin and slimline tonic instead of wine, no dessert but couldn't do anything about the butter on the potatoes! Will be in control today as I get to choose where we eat. Yogurt and fruit for breakfast. Egg salad for lunch and will head to Lebanese for dinner. (Chicken kebab and salad for me I think)

Always struggle with the exercise when away. Managed 11,000 steps yesterday but no kettle bells or shred. Will do the long walk again today if I can.

The good thing is that I feel I have turned a corner mentally. I have the steely determination back that got me this far last year. Long may it last.

Sounds like determination to me Daisybell! Go girl!

Er...I have a delicate question to ask...my OH and I have noticed that when we pee it smells like vegetables that are going off! Anyone else had this? We haven't had asparagus! The only thing we can think of is we are both eating lots more fruit, we always ate lots of vegetables.

Sounds like determination to me Daisybell! Go girl!

Er...I have a delicate question to ask...my OH and I have noticed that when we pee it smells like vegetables that are going off! Anyone else had this? We haven't had asparagus! The only thing we can think of is we are both eating lots more fruit, we always ate lots of vegetables.

Nice! Mine always smells of sugar puffs, especially first one of the day - go figure!!

Moving on to a different subject!

Another good day today even though I have been travelling - so quite proud of myself. My motivation is coming from the fact I have to go to SW club tomorrow evening and do not want to be the first person ever to put weight on in their first week! I keep telling myself its not the same as I've been doing this for over a year, but no one else will know that.

Plan to do a very vigorous kettle bell session in the morning. Big breakfast, light lunch and I should be OK. I've even had my haircut!

Plan for tomorrow

Bfast: Scrambled egg, grilled tomatoes
Lunch: curried lentil and vegetable soup
Dinner: white fish (HEB) sweet potato chips and broccoli
Snacks: banana, fat free Greek yogurt,(1/2syn) Philly cheese and 2 ryvitas

Moving on to a different subject!

Another good day today even though I have been travelling - so quite proud of myself. My motivation is coming from the fact I have to go to SW club tomorrow evening and do not want to be the first person ever to put weight on in their first week! I keep telling myself its not the same as I've been doing this for over a year, but no one else will know that.

Plan to do a very vigorous kettle bell session in the morning. Big breakfast, light lunch and I should be OK. I've even had my haircut!

Plan for tomorrow

Bfast: Scrambled egg, grilled tomatoes
Lunch: curried lentil and vegetable soup
Dinner: white fish (HEB) sweet potato chips and broccoli
Snacks: banana, fat free Greek yogurt,(1/2syn) Philly cheese and 2 ryvitas

Loving the PMA :D

Keep at it hun it sometimes takes a few more days for your body to respond. The scales may be completely different cone Sunday.

Well i am here to confess ny sins/syns. I have had a bad week i slipped Sunday and got back to 100% Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Then 100% most of day yesterday but then went out for a meal for uncles 70th. Ordered gammon steak booked potatoes with mixed Veg on ee day stArted great. My error was to have a glass of wine with my syns as we had a baby sitter (not had a drink since pre pregnancy may last year) one glass turned into two and then a piece of garlic bread a slice of birthday cake and a handful of maltesers :mad:

Really annoyed with myself this morning but going to make sure i continue to be 100% even though i know Sunday will no doubt show a gain but My mind is set to make sure i get a handle of it and try to reduce some of it and not add to it. Would be so easy to give up and restart on Sunday but i refuse to give up so early in my journey. Giving myself a severe kick up the butt.

We manage apartments...yesterday the guests left behind a packet of chocolate digestives (my favourite) and I have had to hide them. I think today I might just throw them away. At 4 syns each it would be impossible for me to stick to 1.

Sarah...don't beat yourself up about your meal out. If you enjoyed yourself that's what's important, esp as it was your first drink. It doesn't sound like you went out of control, infact you sound like you stayed in control of your meal, if you added the syns up would it be so bad? (Guess it depends on the size of your hands lol!). It's when you do it every night/week that it becomes a problem...you celebrated a family members birthday, and enjoyed the benefit of a babysitter.

Throw away the chocolate digestives! Bury them deep in the bin having taken them out of the packet first.

One important question to ask yourself - will I regret it if I do this?

Ie will I regret throwing them away? - YES

Will I regret eating them? YES

So which regret would you rather have?

Back