Exante WILL help me lose 3 stone

Diary Day Three - Continued (Part 3)

Diary

Day Three Continued

So after filling up on water, bullion, coffee and just one exante meal - I decided to get out for a bit. I went for a long walk, about 4 miles and felt much better for getting out the house for a bit. I went with Alfie and we decided to pop in to Macdonalds for a black tea on the way home to warm up. Then I decided I was hungry. I don't feel too guilty, and I'm still counting this day as 100%. I had a double cheese burger with no bun - this is 280 kcal, 1g sugar, 3g carbs. Compared to an exante meal which is usually around 200kcal, 5g sugar, 20g carbs. Although it's a much unhealthier option, I'm still not over calorie count, or carb count for the precious ketosis. Although I have reminded myself that I am now not getting the full nutrients today, on day one, this isn't a massive deal. And a usually MacD trip would have been bread, chips, McFlurry - the works.

I'm now in bed, cleaned my teeth so there's no more hiccups. Finished the day on 450kcal.

Hopefully tomorrow, I can stick to the exact plan, and be in ketosis!!! :)

Well done!! Good decision in McDs

Diary - DAY 5

Diary

Day 5

OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! I don't want to get too excited but I think it's too later for that :D I think I'm in ketosis. I've woke up with a weird taste in my mouth, the end of my tongue feels cold, and kinda like I'm licking a spoon - or like I've just got fly spray in my mouth, It's gross but so exciting!! I feel thirsty but not headachey or dehydrated. I feel awake. I don't feel hungry. I feel happy. I'm gonna be skinny. OH MY GOD IT'S HAPPENING :D :D :D :D XXXXX

Diary Day 5 - Continued

Diary

Day 5 - Continued

I made it through the day, through work, through a gym class, and all on just two packs. I was chuffed. Then ... I get an email from uni saying I've failed several parts of my last unit and I'm going to have to resubmit. I was devastated. The amount of work I put in to this course is unreal. And now, whilst doing an unpaid internship, I also have to re do a lot of the work I'd already done... So it's safe to say I've messed up the diet a bit.

3 x JDs and Coke Zero
1 x chicken shish, with salad and tons of garlic sauce

Not the worst - but I wanted a 100% day :(:(:(:(:(

xx

Ha Ha YAY! The Big K. Isn't it wonderful to not feel ravenous? LOL x

It was so good! I got through the whole day and even the gym on just two shakes and didn't think about food once - until I was drunk after my bad news! Ah well x

You'll get that ketosis back again after a day or two. It takes time to adjust to a VLCD. They're fantastic for weight loss but never easy LOL x

Day 5

Looking at MyFitnessPal for the day:

Calories consumed : 900kcal
Calories Expended : 400kcal

So that's only 500 kcal for the day

My carbs are at 30g so hopefully I'm still in ketosis tomorrow :) Mouth still tastes odd - fingers crossed! xx

I think you didn't blow it at all! Like you say, 30g carbs is still very low. Well done for not applying a pizza to your face x

Diary - Day 6

Diary

Day 6

Wow! Is it day 6 already??

After yesterday's hiccups I'm happy to say that I've just got right back on it today. I was interning today, so I started on a raspberry porridge to give me a good full tummy. I intern from home as my house mate runs a fashion label from the house (as do I, but she's actually making money from hers ;) ) so being home most of the time is making this diet more bearable.

I think I'm still in ketosis, even after worrying that there might be hidden carbs in that shish or the sauce. I have a funny mouth taste and minimal hunger. Hopefully I'm fully burning this fat off by now :D I have to say, today I'm finish it pretty easy. But for me, I'm kind of only half way. Let's see what tonight will ring. Working at the pub on a busy summery eve . Got a bar in my bag and half a shake... will touch base later.

Thanks you all so much for your continued support. Can't wait to weigh in on Saturday xxx

Last edited:
I'm so looking forward to your weigh in on Saturday too. Exciting!

Diary - Day 6 Cont...

Diary

Day 6 - continued

The rumble-tums
Oh my god. Today I have had such a rumbly tummy. From about 9pm onwards. Working in the pub, not even feeling hungry as such, just my stomach felt so empty and painful. Obviously the next hurdle to overcome. I'm still in ketosis, I can tell as I'm in high spirits and slight weird taste, much less than yesterday though. Hopefully my body will start to get used to these rations in a few days.

The food
Managed a true 100% day, no real food AT ALL.

Breakfast - Raspberry Porridge
Lunch - Bouillon
Snacks - shake over 3 servings, 2 in coffee
Dinner - Choc orange bar
Bedtime - Boullion

- so that's 600kcal for the first time
- then 60g or carb :D woo hoooo

The kick I needed
Today I was talking to someone at work about my diet, without telling them exactly what as I hate people lecturing me. He's a security guard there and does personal training and boxing and stuff. I didn't want him to judge me too much as he was saying about how diets don't work and how I just need to change my eating habits. People who've never needed to lose weight don't understand that it's stuff like this that it takes to change a habit - an addiction really - we're cold turkey ;) . So I just agreed with him. Cant wait until 3 months is up so I can say - LOOK AT ME NOW :D And to tell him exactly how I've done it, and how I'm now introducing food slowly, exercising more etc... Using people's unhelpful comments as positive to spurr me on today!!!

Will report more tomorrow!!! Thanks for reading :D xx

I get where you're coming from, my girlfriends in particular are always commenting on my food / diet. Drives me insane. On insta yesterday posted this pic and said my snacks for the day:

image-599032541.jpg

My BFF IMMEDIATELY says "is that all your eating today?" Er no that's why I called it snacks! Then proceeded to ask me what I was eating for meals and basically implying I'm not eating when you only have to look at my insta page during the weekend to see how much I eat! Just balanced out with healthy food midweek.

People are so freaking judgmental

God sorry, went on a right rant there!!

I get where you're coming from, my girlfriends in particular are always commenting on my food / diet. Drives me insane. On insta yesterday posted this pic and said my snacks for the day:

View attachment 171996

My BFF IMMEDIATELY says "is that all your eating today?" Er no that's why I called it snacks! Then proceeded to ask me what I was eating for meals and basically implying I'm not eating when you only have to look at my insta page during the weekend to see how much I eat! Just balanced out with healthy food midweek.

People are so freaking judgmental

God sorry, went on a right rant there!!

No lovely, I hear ya completely. Would they be saying the same if you were stuffing 5 pizzas in your face a day, no. No one has ever told me what what I was eating before wasn't good for me, obviously they could see I was overweight and didn't want to offend me. If I'm honest i find it more offensive to comment of my new choices, which are much harder to make!! xx

Diary Day 7

Diary

Day 7

Hang on a minute!!!

How is it day seven? That means I've not had carbs in any great quantity for over 7 days :D That's such a massive achievement for this bread addict!!! I'm so happy to have made it this far! So it's day 4 of my total solution as well :D I feel like I'm flying through.

Right so as it's been a week that has past I think later today I will upload all the entries for the week from my fitness pal, for a true look at my intake over 7 days. And then Friday I will weigh myself as it's my day to go use the proper big scales in the gym. It will be interesting to see my first weeks losses compared to others as I introduced the diet so slowly. I'm not going to get too upset if I haven't had as big a success as others. As my true TS week will be sunday. Anyway let's see.

Today has been relatively easy. I still haven't had any actual exante products. I went out shopping and forgot my bars, so ended up eating a protein bar that had smiliar nutritional values to an exante one for my dinner . Counting that as 1 meal. I also had 2 whole meatballs at ikea - crazy ;) and 10g of beef jerky haha. Equating to an extra 100 calories for today. Hopefully will burn them off walking later.

Be back later for an update and some weekly stats xx

Well done Bizzle!!

Week 1 - MyFitnessPal Record

image-2186022203.jpg image-1985066895.jpg image-503481371.jpg image-2449170445.jpg
image-2240289548.jpg image-4233272283.jpg image-2277663243.jpg

Last edited:
I've fallen off the wagon againnnnn:break_diet:( The shame) anyway I can't weight to read your weightloss hun. Xx

Back