Exercise Challenge - inc. Insanity!

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo, I really enjoyed the sponsor Zumba. If only I could find a class that did it similar, I don't think my friend has time to do a version like this for adults. Sweat dripping at the end, but I wasn't actually fully out of breath. Gonna ache inthe morning though LOL.

dukanfatty said:
I DID IT!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo, I really enjoyed the sponsor Zumba. If only I could find a class that did it similar, I don't think my friend has time to do a version like this for adults. Sweat dripping at the end, but I wasn't actually fully out of breath. Gonna ache inthe morning though LOL.

Well done, DF!

High five :D

P x

Well done DF! Zumba looks like so much fun, glad you enjoyed it. I'm sure there must be classes near you, and if you can do it with loads of people sat down watching you, then taking part in a regular exercise class will be a piece of cake! Hope you're not too achy this morning :)x

Zumba is amazing, I go to 5 classes a week, I love it!!

Im affraid I havent done any exercise since Wednesday as I havent been well, stuck in bed with tonsillitis and a cold :(

Zumba is amazing, I go to 5 classes a week, I love it!!

Im affraid I havent done any exercise since Wednesday as I havent been well, stuck in bed with tonsillitis and a cold :(

Hope you feel better soon Zoe, that sounds miserable :(. Once you're back to full fitness though we need to have your exercise updates! x

Thanks guys, I will look for classes when I'm closer to confidence. It was different last night as it was for kids and so tamed down a lot, I'm going to start my walking tomorrow using the couch music to step in time to.

Thank you games mistress ceri!

I completed my insanity fit test this morning - i was already dying after the warmup!! And I have to say, the only reason I dragged myself out of bed was because I didn't want to have to report back to everyone that I'd caved in on the first day. I have a committee meeting after work so I knew I couldn't put it off till later - plus if I don't do the workout in the morning, there is little chance of me doing it after a long day of work.

So I set up my little 'exercise studio', got the laptop ready, and found a paper and pen to record my results. Halfway during the first set I pretty much gave up counting, though - seriously, how are you supposed to manage those exercises and stay lucid enough to remember numbers?!!

When it was done I felt amazing, though, and very motivated to continue, so I'm really happy we are doing this, ladies.

Insanity challenge day 1:
- completed fit test
- cycled to work

Yay! :)

Well done Caro!!! It does make you feel slightly better when you see how much the people in the video are struggling. I'm definitely more of a Chris than a Tonya! I'm doing my fit test after work, so I'll update later on! :)x

Day 1 of Insanity - Fit Test

Woo hoo, completed day 1. Here are my fit test results:
Switch kicks (2 kicks = 1 rep) - 58, Power Jacks - 54, Power Knees - 83, Power Jumps - 48, Globe Jumps - 9, Suicide Jumps - 13, Push-up Jacks - 16, Low Plank Oblique - 53.

I feel great now, very sweaty, but I have all those lovely endorphins pumping around my body! Let's hope I can stick to this for the duration this time. Tomorrow is Plyometric Cardio Circuit - bring it!

ceridwen said:
Are you feeling better now? Tonsillitis is so painful!!!x

Im over the worst of it, last day of antibiotics tomorrow. Second half of Zumba I was coughing my guts up so hoping I havent done further damage ...sigh

ceridwen said:
You are hardcore Zoe!!! Hope you feel 100% tomorrow :Dx

Thanks hun, not sure what exercise plans are for tomorrow yet! Might sit on my exercise bike in front of the TV or something lol

I didn't get done everything I planned, but i did go for a short walk and do some of my vibration exercises.

So at least its a start. Hopefully more tomorrow.

Ok, I'm going to be thanking you less and less as the week progresses, alli. I'm in pain!!

Woopwoop! Completed day 2 of insanity, plyometric cardio. What fun is in store for me tomorrow, I wonder? :)

Great work yesterday, girls! Keep it up!

OK, I'm in! I've decided to commit to 30 mins' cardio (low-level, because of my heart) 5 days a week for the next 6 weeks.

Yesterday I did 30 mins on the exercise bike, level 3, 75rpm (then weights)

Today it was 30 mins walking on the treadmill, 6.5kph, building up to gradient 2 (then pilates)

This is such a good idea of yours, Ceri xx

Back