Extra Easy: My weekly promise - 1 new thing

Oh I was about to say I've not tried anything new, but I tried the savoury semolina. I'll see what I can find for next week :D

Tried pepino melon .., 2 quid wasted no taste and very much like the texture of a pear. Disappointed.com

Yes, I've tried those and found them a bit disappointing (they aren't really a melon - they are from the solanum family, potatoes and tomatoes, etc.)

Other things I have found which look interesting but don't taste of much, are dragon fruit and star fruit. Look lovely in a fruit salad, but they are a bit boring on their own.

Yes, I've tried those and found them a bit disappointing (they aren't really a melon - they are from the solanum family, potatoes and tomatoes, etc.)

Other things I have found which look interesting but don't taste of much, are dragon fruit and star fruit. Look lovely in a fruit salad, but they are a bit boring on their own.

I think the pretty colour drew me lol, ive never tried the dargon or star fruit. Do they have any taste at all?

I bought some star anise and I know it can be used in curries but ive no idea what else it can be used for/in - think ill try look for recipes and try that next :)

Back