Extra Easy: Syn free crisps?

If u spray a plate with frylight & arrange the thinly sliced potato so that they dont overlap & spray again with frylight - micro until crispy, i then put them in a sandwich bag & use my garlic & chilli salt grinder on them.

If u spray a plate with frylight & arrange the thinly sliced potato so that they dont overlap & spray again with frylight - micro until crispy, i then put them in a sandwich bag & use my garlic & chilli salt grinder on them.

I sprinkle mine with a bit of salt after patted them dry a bit before putting them in the microwave, never needed to use spraylight :-D

I have to say, I don't really get why these crisps wouldn't be syn free? I mean, if you cover a potato in fry light and put it in the oven to make slimming world chips - that's syn free. So why does the act of chopping up the potato really small make it a synnable food? I just don't understand it.

I have to say, I don't really get why these crisps wouldn't be syn free? I mean, if you cover a potato in fry light and put it in the oven to make slimming world chips - that's syn free. So why does the act of chopping up the potato really small make it a synnable food? I just don't understand it.

Have a look at Patchwork's post further up. It's about levels of water in the vegetable and therefore the power to fill you up.

Have a look at Patchwork's post further up. It's about levels of water in the vegetable and therefore the power to fill you up.
Thanks a mil. I read that. But it appears that SW assume that you will over indulge on them. I limit myself to one baby potato when I make them. I try to eat free on breakfast, lunch and dinner and I never use my full syns.... So i'd find it a bit of an injustice to have to syn an extra baby potato.

Thanks a mil. I read that. But it appears that SW assume that you will over indulge on them. I limit myself to one baby potato when I make them. I try to eat free on breakfast, lunch and dinner and I never use my full syns.... So i'd find it a bit of an injustice to have to syn an extra baby potato.

So don't syn your one potato. I don't either, if I ever make them. But I don't syn it knowing that I'm "cheating" the plan and it's possible that tweaks like that can add up to be a problem. So far, it hasn't been.

Crisps aside..I am well confused ...so why are potatoes synned sometimes..arent they free on green and ee? And I dont get why they syn avocados? X

♥ Curse Of The Curves ♥
Wife to 'BamBam' 30/01/2010
Mummy to Baylie Emma 18/05/2012
♥ Goal : Loose TWO stone ♥

Back