Fasting & SW!

Eid is fast approaching folks, cant believe 30 days are nearly over! :eek:

Hi all I have been following all your progress over Ramadan,I came across this when I googled fasting and weightloss..it's really kept me motivated and on track.

Well done everyone on your weightloss..For eid I am going to be 18lbs lighter :D

X

wow 18 lbs lighter!!!! thats fantastic!

apologies if im rude- but are you muslim (which is why you're fasting) or are you fasting to lose weight? if you arent muslim.. how are you been fasting :) and what have you been eating! would love to know!!!

Fasting month is nearly over :( sad when it goes doesnt it.. theres such a buzz in the air when its around.

I lost 2 lbs this week which means ive lost 6 lbs over the fasting month. which i am really pleased about. i was hoping to STS so a loss is fab :)

Hi Roziee, I am Muslim. Although I am fasting for religious reasons I have read up on the 5:2 diet and the fast diet. I really need to lose weight so I have cut out most carbs and fried foods this Ramadan. It's mainly been fruit for Iftar, chicken or salmon salad for around 11 ish and 4 litres of water. And if I really wanted something I have not deneid myself but found my tastebuds have changed....hope to continue after eid too.

Well done on your weightloss..every loss is a loss. Are you following slimming world ?

Hi Roziee, I am Muslim. Although I am fasting for religious reasons I have read up on the 5:2 diet and the fast diet. I really need to lose weight so I have cut out most carbs and fried foods this Ramadan. It's mainly been fruit for Iftar, chicken or salmon salad for around 11 ish and 4 litres of water. And if I really wanted something I have not deneid myself but found my tastebuds have changed....hope to continue after eid too.

Well done on your weightloss..every loss is a loss. Are you following slimming world ?

Oh mashaAllah, apologies.. I didn't realise you were Muslim.

How much weight do you need to lose if you don't mind me asking? I have 7 more stones to lose!

Wow 4 litres of water! That's fantastic... Well done you :)

Yes I am following slimming world :)

4 litres of water is awesome - I found that drinking 3 litres had me constantly in the toilet. How do you do it?

Roziee, I want to lose another 3 stones but would be perfectly happy to maintain and perhaps lose another. As for the slimming world diet I find I over eat (like today) on free foods...how do you work it round cooking for the family?

Marsipan, with great difficulty! I would drink 1 litre every hour...which meant I was going loo every 20 mins!
4 litres in 4 hours is difficult...but honestly it works.

Hoping to fast for another month after eid.

Eid Mubarak to all

X

Re: Fasting & SW!

Roziee, I want to lose another 3 stones but would be perfectly happy to maintain and perhaps lose another. As for the slimming world diet I find I over eat (like today) on free foods...how do you work it round cooking for the family?

Marsipan, with great difficulty! I would drink 1 litre every hour...which meant I was going loo every 20 mins!

Eid Mubarak to all

X

Eid Mubarak

Eid Mubarak to all

X

I am so sorry I didn't reply earlier. It's been a manic week.

It's only me and hubby in terms of family and he eats what I eat. That's what I love about SW- everyone can eat the same thing and you don't need to make separate stuff. When I've been at my mums I've fed her some of my sw foods and she's enjoyed it too.

How are you over eating free foods? Your plate should be 1/3 SF and don't snack on free foods.. That will allow you to curb your free foods x

Eid Mubarak

Eid Mubarak to you too. How was eid?

Inshallah you all had a fab eid! I have been busy so nor been on here, so far I'm up to 6st 7.5lb lost 5 over Ramadan lost 1/2over eid :) bonus!

Back