Fat! Be gone! my CD Diary

Decided to like my scales again today as they show I'm now in the next stone bracket! Isn't that great when that happens?! :p So give or take a few pounds, its almost 2 stone off in around 6 weeks!

Whoop whoop!

Dire day. Rubbish weather, bored 6 year old son who isn't allowed out as he's recovering from having his tonsils out, 4 year old daughter with cabin fever and husband with the music taste of a 17 year old clubber :(. I've also (tmi warning!) been nipping to the loo every few minutes and it feels like I have cystitis or something - hope its not a gall stone thing :eek:

Anyway, due to the awful day I've had 3 bites of a chocolate egg and a probably-slightly-too-large SS+ meal.

I think the one downside of having SS+ days is that it somehow seems to make it okay to have a few nibbles of something naughty - my CDC warned me it could be the slippery slope to going back to my old ways. I don't think its that bad, but I will stick to SS from now until my next weigh in in 9 days. HAVE to of lost half a stone by then.

Going to go out for a walk tomorrow, even if its p*ssing down as I feel extra lumpy today.

God, struggling to stay on track :( I think not having the boost of being weighed last week and this week is taking the shine off the diet. Hubby is also in Germany for 3 days and I'm stuck in with the kids, my youngest has turned into a candidate for ritalin the last few days and I'm surrounded by chocolate :eek: Oh, and I have a 2000 word essay to complete by Thursday lunchtime......rraaaaarrrrrr!!!! Stress!!!! :cry:

I've got an internal war going on at the moment - there's a caramel egg in the cupboard screaming my name. This is awful. And I've had a SS+ day, despite deciding earlier in the week that I would SS it until weigh in on the 17th. Been struggling all day - as motivation, I opened an online saving account and put in a whole £5 towards the holiday hubby has agreed I'm allowed to book once I get to goal September / October. Just a token gesture but hopefully it will help to keep me on track. Will probably be easier when I'm back at work next week.

Need wine. And Caramel egg.

Trying to shove the kids off to bed, then will go up myself with a cup of black tea and do my essay and give the egg the finger.

Yikes - sounds like a battle of epic proportions between you and the egg...and wine! :eek: I hope you won. And if not, I hope you're right back on ss and that the egg didn't have any friends also living in your cupboard.

Thanks Tizzy - I did indeed win the battle :D and the offending caramel egg is still sitting in the cupboard. Quite proud of myself for resisting! Strange how this year the kids Easter eggs seem to be lasting so much longer....:rolleyes:

Did an SS day yesterday and today and weighed myself - I've decided today that the scales are indeed reliable...- a 2lb loss since Thursday :D

Cannot wait to get weighed Tuesday evening - I think I've achieved the half a stone I set myself to lose at the end of March, and I cannot wait to update my stats.

Went through my wardrobe the other day and have found some size 16 tops I can wear to work but I'm still a little worried about being in 'trouser limbo' at the moment. I will just have to ride it out as I'm not buying new stuff at this point! I also worked out today that I have around 18lb to lose in order to be in the 'Overweight' BMI category, so that's my next short term goal. Will be nice if I can get away from the dreaded 'O' word!

Will post an update when I get back on Tuesday evening from WI (weigh in, just to clarify - not a Women's Institute Meeting!)

I think I may be at the end of my CD journey :cry:

For the second time in my 2 months on this diet, I've gone down with some weird flu like symptoms and for the past two days I've not stopped shivering and burning up, temperature of over 100 at times and I just feel awful. It may be coincidence, but I just can't carry on feeling like this so instead of being excited about my weigh in tonight, I cancelled and told my CDC I was taking a break.

I tried having a shake for lunch, but I just need food. Just eaten 4 cream crackers with Philadelphia Light and an apple with a glass of orange juice and I feel so much better for it.

I have lost just over 2stone in the 7 weeks I've been doing CD, and for that I'm greatful, but I'm just not sure this diet is meant for me. Sooo, I'm going to give it a week of healthy eating and see how I go.

Emmenelle said:
I think I may be at the end of my CD journey :cry:

For the second time in my 2 months on this diet, I've gone down with some weird flu like symptoms and for the past two days I've not stopped shivering and burning up, temperature of over 100 at times and I just feel awful. It may be coincidence, but I just can't carry on feeling like this so instead of being excited about my weigh in tonight, I cancelled and told my CDC I was taking a break.

I tried having a shake for lunch, but I just need food. Just eaten 4 cream crackers with Philadelphia Light and an apple with a glass of orange juice and I feel so much better for it.

I have lost just over 2stone in the 7 weeks I've been doing CD, and for that I'm greatful, but I'm just not sure this diet is meant for me. Sooo, I'm going to give it a week of healthy eating and see how I go.

Have you thought about trying step two or three so that you get some food? Hope you feel better soon x

Before giving up CD entirely I would speak with your CDC and go to one of the steps with food. 2 stone is a great loss in 7 weeks! :)

Most of the returners to the diet seem to have returned because they went straight off the diet and tried to manage their weight on their own, without going through the steps and learning how to do it. I would hate to see your hard work slip away!!

Well, after a six week break, during which I've regained my health and managed to lose around another 3-4lb, I'm going back on the CD wagon :D

I've been eating healthily and the diet I've been eating would be great for maintaining but not when I still have 4st of lard to shift.

Will hopefully be going to see my old CDC or a closer by new one Wednesday morning, so I can get started again Thursday. This hot weather has made up my mind - yes, I'm smaller, but I've still got arms like hams.

Wish me luck!!

Welcome back and great that while following a healthy maintenance diet you were still able to lose a bit!!! I know what you mean about the weather - all of the sudden we're exposing a lot more flesh and we want it to be smaller!!!

Good luck!

Found 3 CD packs in the cupboard this morning and, seeing as I'm seeing my CDC first thing tomorrow, I've decided to start today!! eek!! :eek:. Was going to buy a bottle of wine this evening and 'enjoy' my last 2 days of fatness before starting Thursday, but thought I'd take the plunge - could of lost 2lb by Thursday! :D

Definately going for SS+ this time round though.

Already drunk 2 pints of water and will shortly be digging out the shaker to take to work!

Good for you! Nothing like jumping in full throttle!!! :)

Saw my CDC this morning who was amazed that not only had I not regained all the weight I'd lost, but that I'd also managed to shift some more all on my ownsome! I think she presumes I'm doing SS and I'm not about to correct her by saying I'm doing SS+ as she doesn't seem to agree with it.

Decided to be very open about doing CD at work this time - last time I tried to keep it quiet, but there are so many people there doing similar things that its a good source of support to be honest.

Anyway, that's the end of Take 2 Day 2 - not feeling too bad...a little hungry and a headache brewing, but nothing I can't handle and should hopefully be over the worst by tomorrow night.

Was trying to find my massive old work trousers tonight with the missing button - something I was dreading when I was bigger as I had no others! can't locate them (suprisingly, given their size :D) so will hunt for them tomorrow and try them on - hopefully that will push me through whatever headache I have laying around.

Such a doubting person your CDC! Sounds like you are well on your way to ketosis - you should be there today or, latest, tomorrow! Enjoy!!!

Just weighed myself as I do every morning and I'm now in the 13's!!!! massive excitement! Haven't been 13 stomething for 6 years. I promised myself a few years back that when I hit 14st I could treat myself to a nice ring, so, subject to CDC confirming I've past this goal and its not my temperamental scales, I had best get shopping!
13st is when I can treat myself to a really nice posh haircut and colour - might book this in for the beginning of July too :gimi:

Jubilee Sunday so big roast chicken lunch for the family so I'm going to go for it and have a chicken breast, leeks and a can of Coke Zero!

I'm going to to be thin soon :bliss:

Woo hoo!!! I'm like you - I weigh myself every day to avoid surprises and make corrections (ie drink more water) as needed. If I waited a whole week and STS or gained, I'd be gutted!

Do you have a ring in mind for yourself? It is important to put rewards in place so that you have something fun to do when you get there. I've been pretty bad about that - but one reward I set was that when I reached the lowest weight I've been this century (06.2002) that I would go through my closets and sort out the really big clothes. Achieved the goal on Friday and have started with all the trousers and skirts. It's fun and motivating, but also a bit sad. I have 3 sizes in my closet and am now in the lowest (tho' it's still a little tight around the waist). And I'm finding clothes with the tags still on, clothes that I stopped wearing cause I was too big, but kept cause I would get into them again one day...and now they're too big. I have 4 piles now: clothes going to salvation army, clothes going into trash as really old and ratty, clothes that are a tad big but can be worn in a pinch and clothes that fit well and should be worn now. Complicated, he?

Today's mission: sweaters, shirts and all other tops. Wish me luck!

For a posh haircut and colour do you have a salon all picked out? I ask cause I find if I go back to my usual hairdresser, I get the same cut, no matter what I ask.... but haven't had the guts to go find a new salon. You're brave!
I'm thinking of a pedicure or manicure/pedicure combination for my next treat, so am on the lookout for a good place here in Amsterdam.

Go you! At this rate, you'll not only be skinny soon, but you'll be well into the steps out of CD into maintenance by Sept!

Hi Tizzy - I also went through my wardrobe yesterday! I binned a pile of 'massive' clothes that I shan't be wearing again, sorted a new little pile of clothes I can wear now and a whole host of other clothes that I reckon another stone loss would get me into. Very motivating indeed.

I like big chunky unusual silver rings - saw one a few years back I liked in one of those boutiquey-type shops, so something quirky I guess. I go to a big chain of hairdressers in the London area called 'Headmaster's. I say I go, due to looking like the back end of a bus and having this 13st goal in mind, I haven't been there since the beginning of 2011! definately need a cut by now, as you can imagine. Going to book in for mid-July!

Another exciting milestone revealed by this morning's weigh-in is that 7lb loss and I'll only be 'overweight' and not the other dreaded 'o' word!

Hiya you should put all your big clothes on eBay I made £70 yesterday selling mine x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

jojo73 said:
Hiya you should put all your big clothes on eBay I made £70 yesterday selling mine x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Me too I sold 6 items and made £58 !!!

Back