Fat! Be gone! my CD Diary

I've got about 12 things on there at the moment - hoping for some cash! The only thing I'm keeping is my size 22 trousers so I can do the old 'getting into one leg' photo at goal lol x

I didn't really think about ebay, but to be fair, the clothes weren't exactly designer labels...more purchased to cover huge swathes of flesh cheaply than anything else!

Looking forward to seeing that photo em_butterfly very soon! :)

I'll put it up for sure! Hoping by November/December I'll be sporting that look! I've put some 'fat crap' on there and people are bidding - one man's junk and all that! I bought a size 16 strapless top, hoping to wear it in July x

Start: 17.12 Current: 16.2 Target: 10.7

Successful jubilee weekend had.

Survived a BBQ on Saturday, where I pushed a bit of chicken round my plate and sipped Coke Zero. I didn't know the hosts and other people there awfully well, so didn't want to mention CD so kept declining Pimms and Garlic bread and fruit for dessert - they must of thought I was rude, but hey ho, needs must!

Sunday we took the kids to a leisure pool with lots of different water slides and I WENT ON EVERY SINGLE ONE!!! :woohoo:
I felt much more confident in a cossie having shifted the best part of 3st since I last went and didn't feel like everyone was looking at me hammering down the slides. Had a slight dodgy moment sitting on one of those ringo things where the angle you sit doesn't do fat thighs any justice and I ground to a halt at the end of the ride, tried to get out / push myself along by the wall and it didn't feel very dignified, but all was well and the kids had fun.

Monday was spent at a football tournament which went on for nearly 6 hours - and for all of this time I could smell burgers and walked past the WI ladies homemade cake stall and put up with my 4 year old daughter who was going for the "World's Most Obnoxious" award, and I only succumbed to half a cookie as I was starting to get peckish. Not bad I don't think.

Today I resisted chocolate at the cinema and I cooked my favourite spicy pasta dish with salami for the kids tonight whilst I had quorn with seasoning and salad leaves and a diet coke.

At the end of the day, all very do-able and my jeans are almost hanging off of me :D.

Weigh in tomorrow!

Its official - 3st gone! :bliss:

So half way there in just over 3 months. I can't believe this diet - I wish I'd of tried it a few years ago.

CDC did my measurements tonight - 6 inches lost from my waist, 6 inches from my hips, 3 inches from my chest (booo!!!), just over an inch from my arms and 3 inches from my thigh!!!!

Celebrating with a Coke Zero!

Bit of an odd week - no motivation at work, kids have been hard work and I've had an essay to hand in. All in all, this resulted in me buying a bottle of red wine and drinking it over the last 2 nights :eek:. Not great, but I have stuck to the diet - with the exception of 2 chunks of flap jack :rolleyes:.

Anyway, scales are still on my side as of this morning, so hopefully not too much harm done.

Got a nice mushroom omelette and salad leaves to look forward to at lunchtime to keep me on track!

Hi there! Have been away in France so am just catching up now. How's it going? Looks like you're doing really well and 3 stone off - woo hoo!!!!! Looking forward to your next update!

Many thanks for the responses Mills1961 and Tizzy!

Had my WI today and only lost 2lb, which is the least I've lost on this diet but nevermind, its still a loss and it might of had something to do with two chocolate bars I ate on Monday night :rolleyes:.

I'm getting more and more comments about my weightloss now so its obviously starting to look obvious and trousers are getting baggy again so I need to rummage in the 'Soon to be Worn' pile for some smaller items! yay! :8855:

Another 2lbs bites the dust! Hurrah! Have fun going through your soon to be worn pile. When I finally did, I found I had overshot the mark on some of the clothes and they are now too big to be worn. Sigh. :)

Not a bad issue to have though Tizzy!

Over a year later, and I'm logged on, re-reading my original CD diary. I stopped CD in the summer of 2012 and muddled through with healthy eating and a stint at SW, and managed to shift a little more and maintain that until the end of this summer. Not sure whats happened - had a bit of blip with some medication I take and it seemed to plunge me into an anxious state and I'm also waiting for news at work about a promotion, and hubby has been working away, so my anxiety levels have been soring and I always tend to stuff my face when that happens, so I think I've slammed on around a stone since July :rolleyes:

Anyhow, been seriously toying with either SW or CD and was pretty set on SW then did a complete u-turn and I'm now seeing a new CD councillor on Monday and will start there and then. I'm a little apprehensive as I did have a couple of health issues last time - kidney infection and some bouts of sickness, but I'm going to do SS+ this time and make sure I drink lots of water. I really feel that I need the discipline of CD as I really can't be trusted around conventional food at the moment :cry:

I've bought a bottle of red for tonight and tomorrow, and I'm out having a post meal at the rugby tomorrow, so I'm going out in style.

Scales died a few months back, so not sure of my weight so will post this and an update on Monday evening.

Half way through Day 2 and feeling OK. Woke with a headache but it seems to have subsided. I'm missing the comfort of food but am trying to focus on my little meal once I get home tonight and I'm revisiting my old posts above to remember how much weight I lost and how quickly it happened to help spur me on.

This week will be hard as I'm not having a weigh in until a week today, so its 8 days and also I can't have my beloved bars, but I am determined to remain focussed. I also snuck in a Coke Zero last night and will have another this evening with my 'meal' - perhaps I should wait for a week or so, but it makes it all so much more bearable.

Will post again later in the week when hopefully Ketosis will have happened and I can start burning some lard!

Day 4. Went to bed and woke up with a lovely one sided headache...which was nice. Had the odd tummy grumble yesterday but feeling alright this morning but I've had two shakes already and its only 1pm but I'm taking my daughter to McDonalds this evening (ritual whilst son is at footie practice), so I'm going to have my 3rd shake just before then and have my little meal when I get home.

The constant weeing seems to have tailed off a bit, not sure if that's good or bad from a weightloss point of view. Have no scales at home so no real idea of progress but have convinced myself my work trousers feel a bit looser ;)

For motivation, have been on the Cambridge Website and have decided to try Mix-a-Mousse this time round and use it as a little desert after the little meal and CANNOT WAIT to be able to eat the bars. Seeing CDC on Tuesday, so will get some then :gimi: and that will make me feel a whole lot better. Also worked out if I can keep up SS+ until Christmas, then I should hopefully be in that ever elusive (for me!) 12 stone bracket.

First visit to McDonalds coming up where I have a black coffee...

Day 7. I have discovered CD ice cream!!! I could kiss the person who posted about it in the recipe section! So I had my capuccino shake for breakfast, Piri Piri Chicken with leeks, mushroom and pepper for dinner followed by 'chocolate ice cream' and 'capuccino ice cream' for tea! Please let this work - I've also had a can of coke zero most days and I do have this horrid feeling that I won't of lost anything :(

All in all, feeling good now and muchly looking forward to my first weigh in on Tuesday and getting some bars for the end of the week. I've also discovered something quite silly - I was under the impression on my lost foray into Cambridge that I had to drink 4 litres of water a day..I'm not sure if my CDC told me that, or I somehow misread the info, but by comparison 2.5 ltrs a day seems a doddle and I'm wondering why if the reason I had bouts of illness last time was due to drinking away the nutrients from the food packs - what a dunce :whistle:

I'm so excited for Tuesday - weighed in last Monday at 14st 5lb and would dearly love to lose 5lb...

A few people have coke zero in small quantities and it doesn't affect weight loss so don't worry :) the reason cdc's can be against having it is in case it triggers cravings for "normal" food. Stick to coke zero though because other diet drinks have citric acid in them, which will throw you out of ketosis.

Also, if you drink 3+ litres a day it shouldn't do you any harm :) most people who drink upwards of that have really good losses because they're not retaining water.

Just had my week 1 weigh in and I've lost 8lb! Really didn't expect that much but am chuffed as it gets me in the next stone bracket. I knew I'd lost a bit as my trousers feel a little more comfortable and my 'back boobs' feel considerably less.

So that's 8lb gone and I've drunk Coke Zero and my CDC has just reiterated what Menekse said, that it can stimulate hunger. I've never found this and thought it was due to some chemical in the drink so I promised CDC faithfully that I will only have it as the odd treat as she says I should view the CD journey as a 'detox' and then bought 12 cans on the way back :rolleyes:

Got some peanut bars as well, so had one for lunch - Cajun Quorn and Green Pepper followed by 'chocolate ice cream' tonight, all washed down with a Coke Zero - am going for a 4lb loss next week, so hopefully 13st7lb which is only 4lb away from my last foray into Cambridge!

Wowsers! Well done! That's fab :) getting into new stone brackets is always fun, I should be in the 12s by next weigh in so I'm excited for that! How did you find the week? Are you psyched for this week?

Ahh if that's the only reason, I don't care that I've had 2 cans so far today. I am soooo ill it's a miracle that's all I've had, the thought of the shakes is making me feel sick, I just want my mum's chicken soup!

Met my friend for lunch today and tried to make good choices - I had a still water and a mushroom omelette with some leaves. I suspect oil was involved and I now feel really bloated and am worried now that I won't be in Ketosis :eek:....will wee on a Ketostix later to check!

On the plus side, I had the Yoghurt Bar for breakfast - most agreeable so will be getting more of those next week!

Can't believe how disappointed I am with myself for eating a mushroom omelete - how times have changed!

Back