Fat to bin

Hiya dmboanas

Sorry to hear about your little kitty, I hope he's now safely home, big hugs to you hun.

I would like to say, well done on not comfort eating over the stress you've been through, thats a big thing and should be congratulated because your breaking old habits and putting in new ones.

Thinking of you today hun, and hoping for a happy day for you today Boo xx

Hi Diana,

So sorry to hear of your worries...I don't suppose there's any news yet? Xx

Thank you so much for being symathetic to a rarther silly old woman.. My husband told me to go to bed last night as its what cats do ...roam. I know they do and especially this breed but he has never been away without food for so long .. I gave in at half 12 and went to bed to be woken up at half 5 with my husband dumping the cat on me .. He is a big boy now ( cat , not husband) and had his first stop out .. Dont know where he went of what happened but he hasnt left the garden today !! I was worried someone might have stolen him and sold him.. I am VERY releaved and now wont worry so much as I know he can find his way home .. I have decided that he wont be an indoor cat as he is a Norwegian Forest cat and they need to be out and climbing , so I have to accept that he will clear off sometimes .I have had a charity shop day today with friends from college.. That includes lunch which was jacket cottage cheese with fruit and salad ..it was lovely and filling too. Just got the one - pot recipe book and there are a few things in there that look tempting. In the 12 days I have been back on SW, I can def feel my clothes getting less tight..
Thanks again..Diana

Hello there, I'm so glad to hear your little cat is back home safe. They love going off exploring and worrying the life out of us! Sounds like you're doing a great job staying on plan though which can be hard at the best of times so well done!!

That's great that your clothes are feeling more roomy! Keep up the good work :)

Becky x

Oh good news about the prodigal puss Diana!!! :kitty: I hope he was suitably sheepish on his return and is keeping his head down lol!!!

I'm glad to hear your clothes are feeling looser already. I bought the one pot book too...there are lots of nice looking recipes in there aren't there? The family feast for a fiver is pretty good too x.

Sleep well tonight hun! xx

Diana - so glad puss is back home. Little rascals at times, aren't they?

If I remember rightly though you've only just had him castrated so he may stop the roaming a bit when all the hormones stop surging round. He probably got the scent of a female somewhere and went off to have a little look-see. Sex is far more attractive to tom cats than food! :D

Mind you, I had a neutered female that at 13 still used to walk almost a mile across the fields to get to the local farm for her sexual pleasure, little tart!

PS - don't forget to update your stats in Minis to show your loss!

Hi Diana, glad your little cat came back.

Not a cat person myself but have had two little dogs - a toy poodle and then a Jack Russell who was thw sweetest little thing. But whatever animal one has as a pet the attachment is the same as they are part of the family, are they not? So understandable that you would feel quite distressed.

As for the comfort eating, I think I am the world's worst! The great thing is that Minimins has taken it's place and I come on here and type away furiously.. imparting all my so called wisdom and knowledge (lol!) and it really keeps me out of the kitchen.... :D

Hiya dmboanas

Ah so glad to hear that kitty is safely home, they are little rascals aren't they!

Hope you have a lovely day, catch up with you later Boo xx

Tranquility.. Not sure which is the other side for you but I am so happy to have chosen SW .. It is so much easier and so much healthier. I tried and tried to calorie count so I could eat anything at all within calories but was using most of them on rubbish and always hungry and binge eating.. I havent felt hungry between meals once yet nor have I had an evening binge which believe me is a miracle ..

I had a try of the Scan Bran crispbreads if you can call them that.. mmmm interesting experience. Without a topping of any sort its actually hard to swallow without a mouthful of water. All that bran !! I expect reprocussions ( spelling !! ) later ..My CM did joke about chewing on a piece of carpet underlay.
Second lunch out in a row and yet another jacket with cottage cheese and pineapple .. was nicer than yesterday though. My ever supporting OH chose a table right in front of the sweets cabinet .. and alongsine a row of home made cakes ..Oh for goodness sake .. I sat with my back to them and actually out of sight was out of mind. My willpower must be rubbing off on Mr Kippling as he had a salad !!! unheard of
Diana

I had a try of the Scan Bran crispbreads if you can call them that.. mmmm interesting experience. Without a topping of any sort its actually hard to swallow without a mouthful of water. All that bran !! I expect reprocussions ( spelling !! ) later ..My CM did joke about chewing on a piece of carpet underlay.
Second lunch out in a row and yet another jacket with cottage cheese and pineapple .. was nicer than yesterday though. My ever supporting OH chose a table right in front of the sweets cabinet .. and alongsine a row of home made cakes ..Oh for goodness sake .. I sat with my back to them and actually out of sight was out of mind. My willpower must be rubbing off on Mr Kippling as he had a salad !!! unheard of
Diana

Sorted the quote bit thanks...it was obvious as I thought !!!!

I had a try of the Scan Bran crispbreads if you can call them that.. mmmm interesting experience. Without a topping of any sort its actually hard to swallow without a mouthful of water. All that bran !! I expect reprocussions ( spelling !! ) later ..My CM did joke about chewing on a piece of carpet underlay. . .
I've also heard them likened to cardboard, but as I've never had one . . .
You do have to have them with something on.

There are also some great recipes to use them in - especially for pud lovers. But I can't find them at the mo!!

There's also a recipe for flapjacks here MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum - View Single Post - HEXB flapjacks that are a HexB plus 1/2 syn which everyone raves about!

Hiya dmboanas

Ooooh the dreaded scan bran can't stand the stuff myself and plays havoc with my ibs lol

Hope your having a lovely day, the sun is shining here, hope it is where you are Boo xxx

Hiya dmboanas

Ooooh the dreaded scan bran can't stand the stuff myself and plays havoc with my ibs lol

Hope your having a lovely day, the sun is shining here, hope it is where you are Boo xxx
Im not surprised .. Its like wood. It will be good for me though as I get bunged up sometimes :D:D. Tried the coconut yoghurt which is nice but prefer the texture of thicker ones.. Will put one in freezer see if thats better.. Off to prepare Falafels now.. youd think I had nothing elst to do but shop, cook , eat, plan, prepare and chat about SW !!!:D I bought some plastic wine glasses ( cheap ones) to take the eton mess to taster tomorrow .. I might not stay as I dont like eating like that but will contribute..

The falafels tasted good but texture was bit of a disaster ..Looked ok but if moved them , they turned to a pile of dry sawdust.Need to bind them with something I think. Husband ate all though. Eton mess pudding seems just too luxurious to be true..Massive thunder and torrential rain here but spent afternoon ( while it was brewing) at yet another tea room with friends.. For the 3rd day running I was so strong. I had had some lunch before we went so sat with coffee while the others ate. I enjoyed the company though. After that we went somewhere else where they all had ice creams !!!!
W.I. tomorrow and although I have had a good week I feel heavy.. That might be the scan brans I had for lunch!! They make your gut build up enough air to lift a hot air balloon ..

Last edited:
Good luck at WI Diana, as for the hot air balloon - definitely TMI!

Back