**FAT_FRIENDS**

Hello everyone! I am 34, live in Essex. Have a husband and a cat but no children and have been desperately trying to conceive for two years. In order to be eligible for IVF I have to get my BMI down to under 30 so need to do something drastic!

I am not new to VLCD either. I did LL five years ago and went from 20st 6lbs to 16st 13lbs then got fed up of the happy clappy leader and left - put it all back on and some more. At my heaviest I was 21st 4lbs.

I joined CD last week and was 21st 2lbs on her scales.

I don't really like any of the the packs! I can't stand the soups and I don't like drinking the shakes. What I tend to do is mix the shakes into a paste - a bit like cake batter - and eat it with a teaspoon!

First weigh in tomorrow. I hope to lose at least 4lbs this week and get down to 10st 7lbs in total (that seems a very very long way away).

We all will get there especially with the support of everyone on here... x
I dont like the soups and am just sticking with the porridge & bars.. I obviously am a person who needs to chew.. I ve tried the soups and tetra s but i also found them a bit minerally (Is that a word?)
It s nice reading all of our stories on this thread and hope to get to know you all alot better x

Hey guys,

Just wondering how everyone is getting on today??? I'm on day 6 and things are good. My diet the two weeks before starting CD was crap... I'm wheat intolerant and cause I'd been ill all I had wanted was bread:eek:

SO day 6 feeling great, not so sluggish and getting my energy back. Just glugging plenty of h2o

AMx

Hi,

Today was a bit of an anti-climax for me as I'd psyched myself up ready for day 1 and then got to work to find my boss has gone off sick, so I had to stand in for him... and that meant lunch out with customers. I chose the best I could from the menu and had plain grilled steak and salad, but I still feel really disappointed with myself :sigh:

On the plus side, I've got through almost 4l of water today, and tomorrow's another day so I can get on track with no temptations.

I hope everybody else has had a good day

Hi Everyone

Thought I would drop by and say hello and hope everyone else is doing well.

My name is Dolores aka Miss Unknown but you can call me Dee for short, never ever call me Dolly it gets on my nerves :mad: .

I am 32 years old and recently married, no kiddies as yet as this is one of my main reasons for losing the weight. They say that life begins when your 40 I want mine to start now otherwise I will be unhappy for the next 8 years and I don’t want that either.

I work as a Gastroenterologist and even though I am a doctor I get a lot of stick from my colleagues for being overweight.

I did start LT back in September 2008 and lost 2 stone but due to a family bereavement I put it all back on again along with another stone so to be honest I haven’t got back into the right frame of mind again and felt that I was always doing the diet for someone else. This time it’s for me as I would really love to be able to have a baby one day and I know my size doesn’t help me. My weight is 20 stone 7lbs which has clearly shocked me enough to do something about it so here I am. Ideally I would like to get down to 9 stone 4lbs for my height but the biggest struggle would be to look in a mirror and learn to love the person that is looking back.

I believe there is a fat and thin person in us all and for me its like one part of me is telling me to do the diet and the other is telling me not to do it.

This is my third week back on CD, 1st week I lost 8lbs which I thought was disappointing and owing to my job and being on call last week I couldn’t take all of the recommended three shakes a day. I found myself one day making up a chocolate shake and then my bleep going off, coming back to it later and even a dinosaur wouldn’t look twice at it so ended up most days having just two so that week I lost nothing. This week has been no better as I have struggled with having no willpower to keep going and also having no existing support from my colleagues or husband. They believe that the diet is just not safe and a waste of time as I will put the whole weight back on again. Thankfully to a few members on here called Icemoose and Unreal83, they helped me to get back on track with a few home truths. So its great to get support from people off all walks off life who is/was in the same boat as yourself. It makes this diet all worthwhile.

My biggest problem on this diet has to be the water….omg its just horrible. I haven’t been much of a water drinker unless I put something in it so I can’t really stomach much more than 2 litres a day which is not that much especially in this weather. I have tried everything even vegetable stock cubes. Never ever try that one and don’t eat sugar free gum as it only makes you feel worse. I have asked my counsellor for the water flavourings but he keeps putting me off.

Anyways sorry for the long introduction and looking forward to getting to know each one of you, my weigh in is every Thursday but having no weigh in tomorrow as cdc is on hols for two weeks,

take care
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

morning everyone.... i've only just re-started and have been bad. i went to see my niece in a play lastnight then ended up having a pint of cider then half my sons cup cake that he'd left on the table in the place. i have been naughty and cancelled my appointment for today cause due to my naughty ness over the weekend and lastnight (had a few probs at school with one of my children last friday so stress made me eat as i was feeling light headed, but then it carried on into the weekend). anyway i've got enough packs to last me till wednesday so have asked her to re-schedule me. i do really want to do this diet and get 4 stone off cause i know it's quick and easy but then i end up messing up. i've taken to drinkng the water with the orange powder just to get it down my neck as water goes warm in office and doesn't taste as nice and as easy to drink. right, gonne go and get a shower before everyone wakes and wants breakfast. will chceck back in when i get home. i just hope i aint led astray with cancelling this afternoon.

hi ladies,
hello to miss unknown and helsbels x and all the other ladies on here. Just wanted to say I find every day difficult, for instance today everyone in the office having bacon sarnies etc, its the smell more than anything that drives me crazy. I find this forum invaluable as I know we are all going through the same thing. I can relate to everyone on here especially this thread. So I will keep reading and gain encouragement from everyone. xxx :D

Hi everyone,

Not wanting to rub it in, My head is in the game. Even went to the gym and managed a swim... haven't been able to do that for months!

When I say the gym, it was a 20 min walk on the treadmill and 10 min on the stepper. With a dodgy ankle I ain't pushing it too hard but every little helps and to be honest I am still getting the buzz.

Water is still difficult and I have resorted to permanently carrying round a 500ml bottle any more than that and its too daunting! Planning on getting water flavourings off CDC next week just to make fizzy pop!

Good luck today... chat l8r

Hi everyone,
I'm Sinead, I'm 25. I started this week my weigh in is on Monaday. I was 23 st when I started and I cannot believe it. It HAS to go!
This thread is a good idea it will be good to compare how everyone is going on from the beginning.
Good luck to everyone

hi guys, sorry i haven't been about. have been wallowing in self pity as i gained 2lbs last week. i was 100% but i think TOTM played a part. oh well, here's hoping for a big loss this week!! x

Hi all,

Day 4 for me now and doing okay, just a little headache but nothing to cry about unlike... OMG.....
The worst part of the diet so far......
Bearing in mind, I'm not a fussy eater....
What warped devil person made up the recipe for the cheese and brocolli soup????
It's the first time I've been defeated by a meal pack (and having done 100 days on LL in the past, thats saying something)

Still onward and downwards, hopefully!

Ha ha, i know what you mean, I used to have it thinking it would be like cup-a-soup from the shops - on no, its really bad and makes me gag
x

Hi ladies,

How's everybody today?

It's day 2 for me and I'm feeling cold and headachy this afternoon :( I know it will pass once I get into ketosis. I'm a bit worried though as I've taken Neurofen before to get me through this stage, but I read on another post that painkillers can slow down weight loss. Has anybody else heard that?

I'm also pee'd off because my OH has rung to say that his job is overrunning so he won't be home this weekend after all. I know it's not his fault, and in some ways it's good because I don't have to have food in the house, but it will most likely be a month before he gets home again :sigh:

Usually I'd be hurtling nose first to the fridge to cheer myself up, but I'm determined that this time will be different. I'm going to use the time to concentrate 100% on me instead and not feel selfish for doing it, so when he does eventually make it back there will be a slim(mer), slinkier me to welcome him home ;)

just to let everyone know.... yet again i've let the side down :-( have eaten all because i didn't end going to get weighed. now i know i'm out tomorrow night. my cdc has re-booked me for next thurs at 2pm. so i'm going to get me bot in gear from satursday and try to get another 7lb, even if it means getting up at the crack of dawn to walk that stupid dog of ours. i will keep reading though for insperation. just to also let you know i feel really sick, but have been to the loo -tmi i know :) ps at this rate i'm gonna end up being the only fat friend you'll all be skinny

Lord I hope painkillers don't slow down weight loss! I've been on loads this week including codeine as I've had severe tonsilitis since last Friday and now on my 2nd course of anti-biotics.

helsbels - chin up girl, you can do it.

No way Helsbels, we're all in this together so you won't get rid of us that easily :D

OK, you've had a bad day and you're out tomorrow night, but that doesn't mean that you can't stick tomorrow before you go out. You're already looking forward to getting back on track, so this is just a temporary hiccup and you're head's still in it, which is the most important thing.

So have a great night tomorrow, enjoy yourself without feeling guilty because you know that come Sat your a**e will be back in gear :D

Sorry hun, I can't find the thread - I think it was one about not losing weight this week on the main CD board, but it definitely said that a CDC had stated that taking painkillers could slow down weight loss.

I take codeine for a bad back and I know it can have a bad effect on toilet habits (tmi I know), I'm really hoping that's the only bad side effect it has.

helsbels.... you will not be the only fat friend you've had a minor setback ....we are all in this together c u monday... I want a food diary lol

Back