FebFast- alcohol

Love the shopping in the freezer idea! End of the month- 28th. DW I'm not going to go hungry or anything. I was 400 under by payday this month so If I can reduce that by half next month I'm on a roll.
Whatsmore I have to take something back to Zara (£9.99) and my bf has to give me £24 this evening so shouldnt be too bad.
Just a bit of a shock at first.

Money money money, is so funny, in a rich mans world..
Might buy a countdown with Febs salary- good investment I think.

my boyfriend travelled all the way to Birmingham today (10 hours round trip on the coach) for an audition.

He just found out he got the lead position!!!!!!! in a band which will tour round the middle east in hotel residencies, mega chuffed. :D:D:D:D
When he gets in at 9:25pm tonight he wants to go for a couple of beers to celebrate. Dang :eek: :confused:

Money sucks when it's running short! I can't wait for payday this month!

I would defo have a good hunt through the cupboards, you might be surprised! Tinned tomatoes, tinned potatoes, mushy peas, beans, noodles, all the type of things that can create a syn free cupboard meal with a bit of imagination! When I'm either low on stock or funds I sometimes have tinned potatoes, mushy peas and mint sauce. Syn free and cheap as chips, in fact, cheaper!

I've got two nights out with the girls this weekend, a meal out with old uni mates tomorrow then to see a tribute band on Saturday with my 'funboys'. I keep flitting between ideas of drinking nothing at all all weekend, having a few on one night and not the other, or just drinking but not to excess both nights! Argh I wish I had stronger will power! I'll let you know what happens :-/ ha ha xx

He just found out he got the lead position!!!!!!! in a band which will tour round the middle east in hotel residencies, mega chuffed. :D:D:D:D ....

:0clapper: :winner: :0clapper: Congratulations to your bf!!!

Erm ... just picking you up on one little bitty thing .... *he* wants to go for a couple of beers to celebrate :whistle: *you* can celebrate with something more SW friendly :giggle: (just saying :coffee: )

ooh MrsSOS. You are strict!

No, I am going to stick to it. Just kinda a big deal is all :)

ooh MrsSOS. You are strict! ....

:giggle:

Good for you, staying focussed.

Hmm, maybe you should keep a "tally" of some kind for when FebFast is over? And for each occasion with BF that you *don't* drink, he has to put one in the wood for you for March? ;)

omg I need a drink

NEEEEEEED

I'm going to break this stupid staying dry thing, I can't do it. I need a vodka NOW

omg I need a drink

NEEEEEEED

I'm going to break this stupid staying dry thing, I can't do it. I need a vodka NOW
Twaddle!!

You do not NEEEEEEED one, you WANT one!!!! ;)

Stay strong!! You are bigger than that glass of vodka :gen126:

Come on Kimberley, be strong! You can do it, we all can! Just need to get in the right frame of mind and you can do anything xx

ok ok I did it.
Sorry about that little outburst.
Lovely booze free meal. Phew.

Now I'm waiting for my bf to get home. He got on the coach in Birmingham at 4:30pm but it was stuck in traffic in London for hours and he's waiting for his connection now. Poor sod. Thankfully it means pubs will be closed by the time he gets back. Thats mean. But I'll probs treat him to a mcdonalds or something :)

Day 6 is almost complete.
Thanks for your encouragement and patience ladies xxxx

ok ok I did it. Sorry about that little outburst. Lovely booze free meal. Phew. Now I'm waiting for my bf to get home. He got on the coach in Birmingham at 4:30pm but it was stuck in traffic in London for hours and he's waiting for his connection now. Poor sod. Thankfully it means pubs will be closed by the time he gets back. Thats mean. But I'll probs treat him to a mcdonalds or something :) Day 6 is almost complete. Thanks for your encouragement and patience ladies xxxx

Well done! It's really not easy to ignore a craving but with every craving that you defeat you will gain strength I promise! And the longer you can go without a particular vice, whether it's a drink, a greasy takeaway, tub of ice cream, smoking, whatever, when you come to have a treat you know you will really deserve it! Good work :) xx

Day 6 is almost complete.
Thanks for your encouragement and patience ladies xxxx
:grouphugg: Well done!!! :grouphugg:

I had similar moments on Sunday and (funnily enough) after weigh in on Tuesday. It can feel very overwhelming in a "why the heck NOT" sort of way. :grouphugg:

Hopefully BF is home safe and sound now and you are back on track to make Day 7 heaven(ly) for you :)

howdy folks, hows it going?

Easy for me tonight as I'm shattered and already in my schnuggly jimmies ready for bed.

Hope you guys have your diet drinks and flavoured teas at the ready xxx

Lol becks! Funny you were still thinking of us after your drinkypoos! Did you have a good night??

When I first started SW and I was semi-good I'd save my HeA make a massive batch of veg n pasta and tell myself that when I get in I can have that topped with loadsa cheese (30g of course) while everyone went to get kebabs n chips and stuff.
In more recent times I've found myself eating both a subway AND a mcdonalds on the way home hence having to stop the boozing for a while! Lol.
Hope you're not feeling it too bad today xxx

Tonight was hard.
Like really hard. I thought I was going to explode. I was so stressed and uptight and needed to vent. I needed a vodka. I went for a walk. I felt anxious I started cooking. I screamed and shouted when some crud fell out my kitchen cupboard. Honestly I was a ticking time bomb.
My housemate suggested the shred. I was not impressed.

Anyway on went Jillian Michaels with her annoying voice and I really went for it.
Did you hear that? I didn't drink AND I exercised! Ha. Breakthrough me thinks.

Hope everyone else's Sunday hasn't been as testing!!!

im pleased you agree about her annoying voice. she talks wayyy too.much for a workout dvd!!

hubby and i went into town for lunch and drinks. and if we had come home before we bumped into his work friends all would of been fine, except we drank wayy too much wine and i wasnt very well yday :((( its a reminder tho that i dont like drinking! i would of had a much better weekend sober. lets see how Friday evening goes :/

really fancy a drink this evening.
Not for stress or anything. Just like because I fancy it.
Nice vodka, feet up, watching tv, you know?

Not sure how I'll pass the time to be honest. It's just a little thought now but I bet it niggles at me later.

Reckon 10 days is enough now?
So I complete feb, then what, get rat arsed on 1st March? Where is this really going...hmm...

I just fancy a voddy really...

i think we should scrap the fasting threads and make a general one. More about drinking in moderation, Not drinking at every social event. i learnt from my january fast that on a friday evening i can just have two vodka and tonics...and not empty the alcohol cupboard. What do people think?

Back