Florida

Hey everyone, I'm going to Florida in exactly two weeks from today!! Never been to America and don't know what to expect in terms of weather/heat etc. Any tips or hints? :)

I haven't been this time of year but went in September last year. It was amazing....where are you going? What are you doing? Any questions jut ask :)

Hey everyone, I'm going to Florida in exactly two weeks from today!! Never been to America and don't know what to expect in terms of weather/heat etc. Any tips or hints? :)

Weather - it's the rainy season, but you'll find it rains at exactly the same time every day for the same length of time & it's warm.
Hints - make the most of the coupons, vouchers you find, everyone uses them & if you leave some of your meal, say yes if you want it 'to go'.

The american people are very helpful & know tourism brings a lot of money into the country, therefore they do look after you.

Enjoy your holiday, I've worked out it's 522 days until we go:D And given the option I'd much rather be staying in our own villa with pool, which is what we usually do, but seeing as my 4 year old 'step' grandson is coming with us, we now have to go somewhere child friendly, just as well I like a bit of fun, & I'm not going to tell everyone we're going to Liki Tiki, it sounds too much like an adult only place:rolleyes:

I haven't been this time of year but went in September last year. It was amazing....where are you going? What are you doing? Any questions jut ask :)

We are going to Orlando, I think the place is called Emerald Island. I'm really excited because I've always wanted to go to USA- however three weeks with the in-laws will be interesting!!! We have tickets for Disney & Universal but playing the rest by ear. Although we are lucky enough to be there for three weeks so loads of time for exploring!!

Weather - it's the rainy season, but you'll find it rains at exactly the same time every day for the same length of time & it's warm.
Hints - make the most of the coupons, vouchers you find, everyone uses them & if you leave some of your meal, say yes if you want it 'to go'.

The american people are very helpful & know tourism brings a lot of money into the country, therefore they do look after you.

Enjoy your holiday, I've worked out it's 522 days until we go:D And given the option I'd much rather be staying in our own villa with pool, which is what we usually do, but seeing as my 4 year old 'step' grandson is coming with us, we now have to go somewhere child friendly, just as well I like a bit of fun, & I'm not going to tell everyone we're going to Liki Tiki, it sounds too much like an adult only place:rolleyes:

522 will fly in, I remember booking ours about 2 years ago and all of a sudden its three weeks until I go. Thats great advice about coupons, I'll maybe try printing some off before we go. and I'm glad there will be a bit of rain, I'm as red as a lobster after 15 minutes in the sun haha. Does the rain last for long?

Well at the mo it is raining loads! Tropical Storm Debby is causing havoc :( Hopefully she will be moving away from the area soon
oh my goodness, I may bring a poncho with me then. In saying that, I live in Northern Ireland where it rains ALL THE TIME hehe so i'll be well used to it!

522 will fly in, I remember booking ours about 2 years ago and all of a sudden its three weeks until I go. Thats great advice about coupons, I'll maybe try printing some off before we go. and I'm glad there will be a bit of rain, I'm as red as a lobster after 15 minutes in the sun haha. Does the rain last for long?

The rain will only last a few hours each day.

For coupons try www.iloveorlando.com

When we've been to Florida before it's always been more than 12 months planning, so I'm not too bothered, just very excited, :D

I can't wait to go back, done loads of shopping at the mails too really cheap even brought more cases lok x

It is definitely one of those places that you just want to return to! This will be my 3rd visit - I love it!

So true, the first time we went, we'd had a policy matured & I wanted to spend the money on a treat for the whole family, anyway after we returned people would ask DS & DD where they were going for hols next time & with a very sad face & tone they said 'Greece'.

I think we've been 6 times now, but more recently we've changed what we do, me & OH will do a few parks, but we also go walking & visit the many state parks & other places of interest (well to us).

When discussing next years hols & what she her boyfriend & his son (who've never been before) wanted to do I said it doesn't matter if you don't get time, you can do it the 'next' time you go, because you know there will be a next time!!!!!!!! So already there's a 'after Dec 13' trip in the distance.

The rain will only last a few hours each day.

For coupons try www.iloveorlando.com

When we've been to Florida before it's always been more than 12 months planning, so I'm not too bothered, just very excited, :D

I had a look at those coupons and they look brilliant. They've given me plenty of ideas for places to visit too, thanks :) I didn't know there was a CSI exhibition- I will definitely be visiting that!!!

Have a look at the Orlando magicard too - you get some money off vouchers and special offers at certain places which is good. I'm so jealous - wish mine was sooner :)

Brilliant, thanks ladies. I could really do with saving as much as possible, as we are away for 3 weeks and not sure about how much spending money I need!!

Hi all! I am going to Florida next year for the first time!! It's my OH Mums 50th birthday so we are all going for a couple of weeks in July 2013. There will be me and my OH, his sister and her fiancé and daughter, and my OH parents. I think we are getting a villa in Kissimee. I am so so so excited, I've never been out of Europe and haven't been on holiday for 6 years. Woohoo!!!!!

Just got back we did a road trip all around including the Keys, you will love it! Wish I was still there x

Wow that sounds amazing! OH wants to rent us a convertible and drive to Miami for the day. It's a 4hr drive though! I always forget how massive America is haha :D

Back