Hi everyone!

BlueTopaz

I'm BlueTopaz, I'm 27, disabled and looking to lose weight. I used to be 98lb at 4'11 (bmi approx 20) in 2019, but due to being bedbound since then and experiencing extreme hunger from fatigue/dizziness, I'm now 208lb (bmi 40+)

I'm a lesbian, and I'm planning to propose to my girlfriend 🤫 But I bought *my* matching ring a couple sizes larger than old ring size for motivation, so I need to get a move on!

My GP has authorised me to go as low as 1000 calories per day due to my small stature and low activity level, and because my recent blood work shows I'm borderline prediabetic

Looking forward to getting to know you all 💖

Hi @BlueTopaz, it’s really nice to have this chance to get to know and support you. It sounds like exciting times are ahead for you and your girlfriend, what a great motivator.
Emotionally being bedbound the last few years must have taken a huge toll, it’s no wonder whatsoever your bmi has changed…but it also sounds like you have the inner strength for this journey, let us help in any way.

Hi @BlueTopaz, it’s really nice to have this chance to get to know and support you. It sounds like exciting times are ahead for you and your girlfriend, what a great motivator.
Emotionally being bedbound the last few years must have taken a huge toll, it’s no wonder whatsoever your bmi has changed…but it also sounds like you have the inner strength for this journey, let us help in any way.
Thank you! 💖 Yes I've been really quite poorly, but I've got a lot to look forward to and now I've started a new promising medication for my conditions, it's time to improve my health and regain some mobility 💪 Change won't happen overnight but I know that a small effort every day will get me there as long as I can be consistent :)

Hi @BlueTopaz welcome in. Im also 4'11" and my heaviest had my BMI at 38, im around 32BMI now and working hard to get under 30 and just be fat instead of obese😂. You have some extra challenges that i dont have but you have age on your side. Best wishes

Hi @BlueTopaz welcome in. Im also 4'11" and my heaviest had my BMI at 38, im around 32BMI now and working hard to get under 30 and just be fat instead of obese😂. You have some extra challenges that i dont have but you have age on your side. Best wishes
Thank you! 💖 I've lost and maintained a healthy weight in the past but I'd never been above about 140lb until the last couple years 😬 It's definitely SO much harder now compared to when I was in my teens/early 20s but I hope once I get well enough to progress from physio and start my graded exercise therapy it will get a bit easier 💖

It's really nice to meet someone the same height who gets the struggle of being short and having much lower calorie needs than most other adults!

Back