Food without the angst - Vegan SW

I had a rewarding and illuminating counselling session last night. It's relevant here so will use this space as a place to record it for myself. I went in, thinking that the benefits of a general approach to counselling was not helping me with my eating, and that I wanted to stop doing this and get a 6 week (or more) over eating focused CBT course on the NHS

I started of talking about some videos I had recently seen, and that through these I had identified myself as a perfectionist and a procrastinator - that my procrastination was caused by my fears of failing to live up to my need to be perfect in all my efforts. The counsellor encouraged me to explore the roots of this need and how it affected me.

I went to school decades ago, the pressure on me to achieve was strong - as an intelligent child of professional parents a lot was expected of me. I did 'well' in primary school, always in the top three of the class. Even then I was being pushed. For example, one year when I was second in the class the comment from my teacher on my school report was that I could do better, and that I should try harder. Secondary school was a blow to my self esteem. It was a gramar school that creamed off the top performing pupils in all the primary schools in the area. In the first year we were not streamed, but in the second year we were divided into the A class and two B group, B and Beta. I was put in the second stream and stayed there for the rest of my school career. Very soon I became totally disaffected from the school and my family. I complete;y rebelled, taking many different drugs but fortunately avoiding opiates, and drinking, and spending very little time at school. I knew I was never going to be one of 'our girls' who's name was on the honours board and rejected the whole notion of education and 'success' as defined by the school and my parents.

This has had a long term knock on effect. I very much regret not going to university and it affects how I see goals. I rejected the goals that were set for me, but this has got muddled up with the goals I set for myself. Hence the rebellion and self sabotage.

I do want to lose weight, and previously I had got through periods of stress without turning to food. But as I approached to milestones that came together - half a pound to losing my first stone and another 2.5 lbs to getting into the next stone bracket I lost it. Stressful times came again, and that was the trigger on top of approaching goals that resulted in a lorry load of chocolate and other unsuitable stuffs entering my mouth. This also explains my deep deep reluctance to go back to a group where I have 'failed'. I have ingrained memories of shame, humiliation and and anger from teachers when I failed to achieve. I need to separate these memories from present reality. Understanding them and writing about it all helps. As we were finishing, my counsellor asked what happens when I make mistakes, when I 'fail'. I have bad memories of one particular incident when my son had been bullied all summer by kids in the street, that night he had been beaten up my the younger kids whilst the older teens videoed it on a phone and were talking about posting it online. Later, my brave brave son went out in the street again, and the ring leader went topush his bike into my son. I lost it, grabbed him and punched him. This was a mistake and the consequences meant that the caution I received prevents me from working in an official capacity with any vulnerable group, our house and family and my cr were regularly attacked by his whole family. I would have handled it a bit differently in retrospect, but I don't think there was a 'right' way of doing it that would have protected my boy.

Anyway, I talked about this at length and then we ran out of time. But as we finished, I was asked about more general and less serious mistakes, and what happened. I couldn't think of any but had a vision of a fiery pit opening up in the ground, and being in danger of going into it. I didn't have time to explore further but this was obviously a christian image of hell. I'll explore more next week.

For now, I understand that it is OK to accept goals, I don't need to reject them. That my shovelling food into my mouth has so many levels of intent. I am saying to my parents 'I reject your notion that being thin is the only way to be an acceptable person' I am saying to my teachers ' I reject your expectations of me, and I reject your saying I am not good enough'.

When I am fat I am me, and VERY acceptable, when I am thin I am me and VERY acceptable. I am an adult and set my own goals. Failure is also acceptable, but I do not need to make failure happen. I am me, I love myself whether or not I succeed in the goals I set myself.

For now, I understand that it is OK to accept goals, I don't need to reject them. That my shovelling food into my mouth has so many levels of intent. I am saying to my parents 'I reject your notion that being thin is the only way to be an acceptable person' I am saying to my teachers ' I reject your expectations of me, and I reject your saying I am not good enough'.

When I am fat I am me, and VERY acceptable, when I am thin I am me and VERY acceptable. I am an adult and set my own goals. Failure is also acceptable, but I do not need to make failure happen. I am me, I love myself whether or not I succeed in the goals I set myself.

Micci, this really spoke to me. I enjoyed reading your post and found it very insightful. I really empathise with the expectations of others e.g. parents/teachers. And I was always a good pupil and student and prided myself in academic achievements because I felt like a failure and disappointment to my mother because of my weight which was a frequent topic in my childhood home. So my good grades made up for other shortcomings. And for that reason I always felt enormous pressure to not just be my personal best in school/college but THE best overall. If I had a 100% score in a test/exam, I couldn't be entirely happy about it if someone else had the same. And I recently realised where all this linked back to. My mum once told me when I was about eleven that she was glad that at least I was academically gifted seeing as I wasn't pretty. I would most likely end up on my own in life (i.e. without husband/provider) so she took comfort in the fact that I would be able to get good jobs to look after myself. It's amazing how your head can tell you later in life that it was her own, very flawed view of things and I do not have to apply this to myself and yet, it is engrained in everything I do to this day.
If I had a bad week food wise, I will avoid going back to group because the potential or even inevitable weight gain is a failure in my book. If I get close to someone, I assume that they like me inspite of how I look and that ultimately rejection is a natural consequence. I don't trust that my friends truly love me for who I am but only for certain aspects of myself so I try and please them to cover over other areas where I feel very unlovable and unworthy. I often imagine these inbuilt thoughts and patterns that guide our thinking and actions like the old fashioned seaside rock sweets. Wherever you snap it, it's got the same word written inside of it. It runs deep.
But although this all may sound rather gloomy...being able to say it and analyse it like you did in therapy is actually quite an uplifting experience. It's like taking a step back and looking at your life, your mind, your emotions in one picture, seeing all the things that have built you into what you are. And it's enlightening. It ultimately provides control.

And although I do feel like destructive verdicts about myself such as being a failure run deep, there is always a spark of light when you have these moments of realisation that just because you think it, it's not inevitably true because your mind tells you so. And those sparks, those moments really give you strength. And it sounds like your therapy is the way forward, it sounds really positive and please keep posting about it.

Sorry about my ramblings, I do get quite deep and meaningful at times and your post brought out a lot of thoughts. Keep them coming. :) x

Thank you for your response! Thanks for sharing. PLEASE don't apologise, it's really good to know someone else is exploring their thoughts, ad going through some of the same issues. My mother said things to me that were meant to be thoughtful and considerate, as I can imagine your's was concerned for your adult life and well being. Shame that they both said things that were destructive.

My parents were obsessed with physical beauty. I wasn't critiscised to my face. Well, being called Princess Twinkletoes when I was very small had an element of irony I now suspect. But my parents were always discussing other people's weight. If they met someone new, one of the first things they would say about that person once they were out of earshot would be a comment on their weight. 'Oh, she would be so attractive if she wasn't so overweight' or 'Oh, what a lovely figure she has' Note, it was generally women who got this degree of censure. Mainly from my father but my mother went along with it.

The first comment about my weight that I can remember was when I was about 11 or so when I was trying on some new trousers. My mother said they looked good because they held my tummy in. 'My tummy doesn't need to be held in' I said. ''Yes it does' said my mother. Crikey, I look back at pictures of me up until 11 or 13, I had a chuffing perfect body. My mother was also a real yo yo dieter and extremely unhappy whenever she was over weight. I've talked about this before, she taught me really unhealthy eating habits.

I too have great insecurity about my looks. Tbh, I don't photograph well but occasionally I see glimpses of myself looking OK in a mirror and some people have taken the odd photo of me that I like so I'm not completely sure I look crap, but my general underlying assumption is that I'm no beauty. Just a part of life and awareness.

We are also alike in avoiding the group when we have 'failed'. I'll invent holidays and being away so as to have an excuse not to attend. I've been to many groups because I blow it and can't face going back. Well, a couple of times I've gone back to the same consultant and really it is OK, but in my head it isn't. I've decided to go back to my most recent group, to look on it as a challenge. I've back fees to pay, so will wait a little longer till the finances balance out. If I rejoin I'll get a new book, and as I've lost my old one this is good news.

Food today has been good. A big noodley stir fry my OH made, he said it is OK for me, and some Linda M sausages with a home made tomato ketchup that has just under a syn for a whole glass full. I'm going to dig out the melons I bought - they are still in the car - and have one before I go out tonight,

I am now going to be very brave indeed and try to post a photo of me that my son took yesterday. We were in a charity shop and he found a wally hat. He put it on me, I didn't know what it was like, and whilst I was laughing he took this photo. The hat is stupid, but I don't think it's too bad of my face. My teeth are wonkier than I thought, but strangely that doesn't bother me.

11121655_1587906208143248_1670303812_n.jpg

A positive start for the day. Today was the first time for weeks I haven't woken up to a horrible awareness of what I ate the previous day. Despite the usual family angst, I feel positive about myself.

Oh my days! I'm wearing a pair of trousers that say size 18 on the label. I suspect that they are comparitively generously cut - NOT Primark :) - but non the less I am pleased.

..... and then ... Minimins disappeared. Bee, have you come back? I blooming well lost it food wise yet again, and sadly didn't lose it size wise. today though has been a good syn free SP day in preparation for rejoining tomorrow evening.

Tomorrow will be busy, as I'll be taking a load of waterproof jackets etc to a collection point to be taken to the refugees arriving in Greece. Still got family worries, husband still not well and has started working reduced hours which does make a difference to the finances and m'boy - well, he's managed the odd day of college here and there this year.

It's nice being back but I am pretty cross we didn't get more notice about the disappearance, I felt like I'd really lost real friends and we could have made other arrangements.

HEY! It took me a while to see that Minimins was back...and I'm so relieved. I haven't familiarised myself yet with the new setup and I haven't gone near my old diary yet if I can find it. But I'm so pleased you're still here :) Or, again. Just the quickest of updates...I hit my lowest weight beginning of November when I weighed 9st7lb....I was in shock, I had never ever been that light before. But I have had a mega rough time of it since and I haven't been back to meetings and fallen off the wagon as well. So although I'm back on SW with a vengeance, I can tell by my clothes and belly that I have gained. I'm back in my exercise routine, I started walking/running last year and doing a lot of kettlebell exercises at home and I was so toned I was wearing size 10 dresses. They have moved to the back of the wardrobe because I don't feel good to look at but I'm just taking one day at a time. So far I haven't been back to a group and I haven't weighed myself either. I had a very self-destructive phase in December and knowing the actual number on the scales wouldn't spur me on, it would get me down. So I'm working on feeling better about myself before I get on the scales and go back to group. I reckon I have gained at least a stone...so I'm working on positive mind set as much as being in a positive food routine, one doesn't work without the other as we know too well :( Isn't it funny how the mind can play tricks on you...I genuinely see the big me in the mirror, the pre slimming world me. And although technically that isn't even possible, I'm having a hard time to like myself at the moment. So that's on top of the list right now.

I think what you're doing is great, helping out with the refugees. It's really encouraging to see that, doing things for others no matter how tricky life might be for yourself is a good way to stay balanced. And well done for going back to rejoin as well, I'm not quite brave enough for that yet. Let me know how you got on.

Sorry you've had a rough time. I can't remember - did you move? 9.7 is so impressive, is there anything stopping you get back there again? Well, hey looks like January 2016 is a restart for many of us.

I do find it strange, the way my feelings about weight loss change from being 'can't do it, therefore won't try, therefore will sabotage myself as much as possible to prove to myself I can't do it' to, 'OK, lets get on with this'. My boy managed to get into college which does have a big effect on the way I feel about the world. It shouldn't and I'm working on more separation but when things are going well for him, I feel better so perhaps that is what has triggered the 'I can do it' mind frame.

I'm exceedingly stout, only two pairs of size 20 jeans fit now, and no non-stretchy tops. I can't even remember how many years ago it was that some 14s were loose on me and I was 12st something. That felt good. I spontaneously started running sometimes, and danced up hills. Thinking about then helps build the new determination.

I didn't get to the group tonight, I was tired after a mammoth trek across London and allowed myself to get stuck into FBing. The new plan, yes there is a new one - is to go to the chemist tomorrow and get weighted on their scales. My home scales are quite unreliable. My favourite consultant is very good, very supportive, puts a lot of effort into helping her members past and present. The class is some way away though and I'd rather save on time and petrol and money if I can do it on my own. Plus, I intensely dislike sitting through different ways of eating dead animals and their bodily products so even though I value the support of the group I'll be going it alone tomorrow.

Food diary for today:

Breakfast: 2 x Linda Mcartney Red Onion and Rosemary sausages, half a tin of the Heinz 5 bean version of baked beans, tinned plum tomatoes, mushrooms done in frylight (home made version). All free, almost SP, but the sausages don't count.

Snack. 1 ginger biscuit - 2 syns? Pear

Later - the rest of the tin of 5 bean baked beans and tomatoes. Banana and pear, 2 x Alpen light Jaffa cake bars . The only vegan ones, pray for me that Alpen don't take them off the market. HXB

Another meal - I was out and timing of foods all went haywire - some Wasabi ready made sush stuff. Goodness knows the syns but I can't imagine them to be very high. Although the tofu in some was obviously sweetened and the rice and seaweedy stuff felt like it had oil in it.

Evening meal: Salad. A tin of chick peas with chopped up tomato, celery and roasted red pepper seasoned with Herbamare. Red grapefruit. About 1.5 cubic inches of someone else's Stollen. Goodness knows how many syns

I shall count this as a 15 (20?) syn day and try to keep lower tomorrow.

Oh, the A choice is unsweetened almond milk. I'm allowed a litre but haven't had that much yet despite having it ver liberally in my new hot drink of the month. A ready made Chai, the Tesco one.

We'll call this a green day, then I can have another B if I really feel like it later, but I probably won't bother.

All in all, I've now had two days one after the other that I can look back on and tell myself that I made healthy choices as far as food goes

HEY! It took me a while to see that Minimins was back...and I'm so relieved. I haven't familiarised myself yet with the new setup and I haven't gone near my old diary yet if I can find it. But I'm so pleased you're still here :) Or, again. Just the quickest of updates...I hit my lowest weight beginning of November when I weighed 9st7lb....I was in shock, I had never ever been that light before. But I have had a mega rough time of it since and I haven't been back to meetings and fallen off the wagon as well. So although I'm back on SW with a vengeance, I can tell by my clothes and belly that I have gained. I'm back in my exercise routine, I started walking/running last year and doing a lot of kettlebell exercises at home and I was so toned I was wearing size 10 dresses. They have moved to the back of the wardrobe because I don't feel good to look at but I'm just taking one day at a time. So far I haven't been back to a group and I haven't weighed myself either. I had a very self-destructive phase in December and knowing the actual number on the scales wouldn't spur me on, it would get me down. So I'm working on feeling better about myself before I get on the scales and go back to group. I reckon I have gained at least a stone...so I'm working on positive mind set as much as being in a positive food routine, one doesn't work without the other as we know too well :( Isn't it funny how the mind can play tricks on you...I genuinely see the big me in the mirror, the pre slimming world me. And although technically that isn't even possible, I'm having a hard time to like myself at the moment. So that's on top of the list right now.

I think what you're doing is great, helping out with the refugees. It's really encouraging to see that, doing things for others no matter how tricky life might be for yourself is a good way to stay balanced. And well done for going back to rejoin as well, I'm not quite brave enough for that yet. Let me know how you got on.

I'm wondering how you are working on feeling better about yourself? I find changing my self talk and thinking about past achievements are helpful. You struggled for a long time to see the new body you have been sporting as being the real you, didn't you? Did that change whilst Minimins was gone?

You now know that you can lose the weight and get toned. you can do it again. Remember other achievements, bear in mind you are a person who deserves to make choices that will benefit you in the long term.

I'll list my food first before I forget.

Breakfast: 3 x ryvita (hxB) with some pate made from black eyed beans, apple and a pear.
Lunch: 2 x Fry's regular sausages (1/2 syn) green beans and tomatoes
Dinner 3 x Fry's regular sausages (not quite a whole syn), mashed potato and green beans

I like the Fry's sausages and beans :)
Snacks. 6 Syns worth f chocolate and about 8 syns worth of crisps - not as low as I wanted it to be today but I am congratulating myself on only having a few. They were particularly syn heavy, I was in the car stressing so I did rather well to have a few and put the bag out of reach

More fruit - red grapefruit, apples, pears

Still to come, almond milk warmed up with a cardomen in it.

Phew, stressy day, the meeting re the lad's college attendance wasn't too bad, but lots happened. Still, I managed to get weighed at the chemist and have a walk. I think the chemist's scales lie. They said I am 16.7 which is 4lbs heavier than I last remember. I can't be. I got on the scales in my shoes and a heavyish belt and I know what clothes no longer fit me. My awareness of my fat face might be imagination, I don't know but I'm pretty sure I'm more than 4lbs heavier. Anyway, I have a base line and can check my gains and losses each week

Sorry you've had a rough time. I can't remember - did you move? 9.7 is so impressive, is there anything stopping you get back there again? Well, hey looks like January 2016 is a restart for many of us.

I do find it strange, the way my feelings about weight loss change from being 'can't do it, therefore won't try, therefore will sabotage myself as much as possible to prove to myself I can't do it' to, 'OK, lets get on with this'. My boy managed to get into college which does have a big effect on the way I feel about the world. It shouldn't and I'm working on more separation but when things are going well for him, I feel better so perhaps that is what has triggered the 'I can do it' mind frame.

I didn't get to the group tonight, I was tired after a mammoth trek across London and allowed myself to get stuck into FBing. The new plan, yes there is a new one - is to go to the chemist tomorrow and get weighted on their scales. My home scales are quite unreliable. My favourite consultant is very good, very supportive, puts a lot of effort into helping her members past and present. The class is some way away though and I'd rather save on time and petrol and money if I can do it on my own. Plus, I intensely dislike sitting through different ways of eating dead animals and their bodily products so even though I value the support of the group I'll be going it alone tomorrow.

I've had a bit of everything really with moving house, some emotional trauma and it's affected greatly how I have felt about myself. I totally relate how things in your life affect your attitude and how you feel about your ability to make good choices and lose weight etc. I actually think a "fluid attitude" is natural, after all, attitude is a combination of emotion, experience and knowledge so parts of it are rational and parts of it aren't. Perhaps learning to accept that it will change back and forth between "I can" and "I can't" is part of the process.

I understand about the class, I would find that very difficult too, in a way it offends your sense of ethics and that would be hard to cope with. You don't want to associate something so negative with something that's meant to benefit you. I find the classes difficult as well for different reasons, one being that I don't actually like to constantly talk about food. Because my relationship with food is fraught at best I already obsess about it way too much. So dedicating an hour or more to just talk food gives it too much platform in my head. So I have often just gone in to weigh but not stayed for the class. Once I'm back at class I will do the same thing again, perhaps stay every other meeting or so.

I'm wondering how you are working on feeling better about yourself? I find changing my self talk and thinking about past achievements are helpful. You struggled for a long time to see the new body you have been sporting as being the real you, didn't you? Did that change whilst Minimins was gone?

You now know that you can lose the weight and get toned. you can do it again. Remember other achievements, bear in mind you are a person who deserves to make choices that will benefit you in the long term.

I am starting to feel better about myself since my re-start on the plan. It's a strange thing and hard to explain. Eating well and exercising makes me aware of my body in a positive sense, I feel its strength and its ability so much more. I also feel strong emotions a lot more intensely, good and bad. But in December in particular when I was just on an awful binge cycle, I felt numb. I felt that I was back where I started at 15 plus stone. Rationally, I knew that to be untrue but emotionally I suppose it took me back to how disconnected with myself and unhappy I felt when I first started SW. And I struggled to see the "new" me. I know that I have never been anything other than me so I'm trying to be friends with myself. Friendships go through rocky patches but a genuine friendship survives it and comes out stronger every time. It wouldn't cross my mind ever to talk disparagingly to my friend when we are having a disagreement and I would certainly not cause him physical harm because I'm disappointed in him. So why would I do that to myself.

Phew, stressy day, the meeting re the lad's college attendance wasn't too bad, but lots happened. Still, I managed to get weighed at the chemist and have a walk. I think the chemist's scales lie. They said I am 16.7 which is 4lbs heavier than I last remember. I can't be. I got on the scales in my shoes and a heavyish belt and I know what clothes no longer fit me. My awareness of my fat face might be imagination, I don't know but I'm pretty sure I'm more than 4lbs heavier. Anyway, I have a base line and can check my gains and losses each week

Yes, it's a good idea to use this weight as a base line, I'm sure the scales at the chemist can't be out by much, they have them calibrated regularly I would have thought.

Your food diaries look good, I love the linda mcCartney sausages. I would usually have a proper cooked breakfast about once a week as a treat, couple of fried eggs and chopped up tinned potatoes on the side. I fry them on a really high heat in frylight in a small pan and keep shaking the pan with the lid on to rough them up a bit so they go a bit crispy. Can't wait now, might have that tomorrow :) I do worry that I might be eating too much fruit. I have a lot of raw veg too, more often than not half the dinner at least is veg. But I can also quite easily eat a couple of oranges, a pear, a banana and grapes in one sitting. I got into the habit of doing that most evenings and I wonder if it's too much...time will tell. I'm still staying away from the scales, probably won't go on them for another week at least.

<snip> Perhaps learning to accept that it will change back and forth between "I can" and "I can't" is part of the process.

Ah yes, indeed. I'm nodding in agreement here. Accepting that inconsistency is a part of life, part of progress even. Also, as I keep saying to my son, progress is not one clean line up on the graph, we g down as well as up, but the overall goal is up and we need to see the bigger picture.

... I am starting to feel better about myself since my re-start on the plan. It's a strange thing and hard to explain. Eating well and exercising makes me aware of my body in a positive sense, I feel its strength and its ability so much more. I also feel strong emotions a lot more intensely, good and bad. But in December in particular when I was just on an awful binge cycle, I felt numb. I felt that I was back where I started at 15 plus stone. Rationally, I knew that to be untrue but emotionally I suppose it took me back to how disconnected with myself and unhappy I felt when I first started SW. And I struggled to see the "new" me. I know that I have never been anything other than me so I'm trying to be friends with myself. Friendships go through rocky patches but a genuine friendship survives it and comes out stronger every time. It wouldn't cross my mind ever to talk disparagingly to my friend when we are having a disagreement and I would certainly not cause him physical harm because I'm disappointed in him. So why would I do that to myself.

Interesting that you feel better now you are back on the plan, I generally do once I've started. But I can't start until I feel a *bit* good about myself if you see what I mean. and then the feeling god can continue. Sometimes. I went back just before Christmas and it was really not the right time for me. I was once just over 18st. The first time I ever went to SW and it was all so easy. I hit that weight once again last year and dread ever being there again. Not being able to comfortable sit on the individual seats on the underground, all sorts of physical discomfort. I feared I was nearly there again, not quite but nearly. Which is why 16.7 astonished me.

It is good that you have decided to treat yourself as well as a friend you are not totally in agreement with. Loving oneself is essential if any sort of progression is to happen. It's all too easy to have a degree of hatred for ourselves when we don't like what we have done. Viewing ourselves with understanding .... yeah that is the way to go. Sometimes, when I am feeling good I can hold my tummy and talk to it, tell it that it soon won't be here in this form, and that although I will be glad to say goodbye to some of its bulk I am grateful that it has helped save me from other forms of self harm.

... But I can also quite easily eat a couple of oranges, a pear, a banana and grapes in one sitting. I got into the habit of doing that most evenings and I wonder if it's too much...time will tell. I'm still staying away from the scales, probably won't go on them for another week at least.

Yes, do it when you feel the time is right. If all that fruit is instead of other foods and you are eating when hungry I don't see the harm. But you will find out when you get into regularly weighing and noting what you eat.

Talking of eating ... I was tired yesterday and didn't note what I had eaten but I know as I went to bed I succumbed to biscuits and told myself that I had had the next two days worth of syns. Today has been totally minus official syns but I did have quite a few tasters of something delicious I invented.

What my boy had and I had tasters of:

Recipe

Fake fish from a Chinese supermarket . That part was not very nice but the sauce! I wanted to do something vaguely Africanish so: Ingredients. 1 carton passata with chili, cumin, 1 big tablespoon of garlic and ginger paste, about half a jar of crunchy peanut butter, chopped onions and carrots. Boil up for ages (with the fake fish that got discarded) until soft and eat. Oh wow, it was good. The left overs are in the freezer now.

Sooooo, I thought to do a SW version with that powdered low fat peanut butter stuff but I couldn't find my jar so .... 1 pack of passata with chili 1 pack of vegan quorn (instead of the 18% fat fake fish) with nearly a carton of alpro coconut milk, the cumin and garlic and ginger paste. Mine was very very nice too. We had it on rice.

My meal was syn free but my tasters were not. A couple of hours later I was craving sweet so had alpen lights as my B choices. I've had two plates of the coconutty quorn stuff and the rest of the day has been teas and drinks and fruit. Oh, breakfast was spicy tomato and butter bean soup. It's been a long day, doctors with my boy, trying to support him into college (fail) cleaning the kitchen and reclaiming the kitchen table that seemed to have got buried a shop or two ago.

Tonight has the feel of an oncoming early night ... yawn

Hey Micci, how are things with you? I hope you're keeping well?

I really like the sound of your food, the added peanut butter in dishes sounds absolutely yum! I could (and often have!) eat peanut butter by the spoonful. I love African style food, at least the bits I have tried, can't say that I'm an expert. But when I was over there I got to eat Ethiopian and Cameroonian food, they vary greatly but so nice!

Micci.....are you ok?

Thanks X Really, thanks. Today is the first time I've seen this. Been struggling a bit, both personally and health and emotional issues with the family. Am coming back, new start new Id. Will pm you with the new ID when I get a diary started here. Having to do silly little posts to get my post count up so I can start in the member's diary section.

Hello, I realise there hasn't been a post here for a little while, but it's really inspiring to me having just started SW as an ethical vegan!

Hope to see some more of your posts soon, meantime I will sit back and find some 'thinspiration' ;) from your lovely posts and meal ideas!

Best wishes x

Back