Freezing Your Meals.

For meat the general rule is. You can refreeze it but only in a different state. i.e. You can cook frozen sausages or defrost and cook frozen chicken. Then once it's COOKED and thoroughly cooled it's safe to refreeze one more time. Then when you're ready to use it. Defrost thoroughly and reheat thoroughly. I checked this out when I was doing WW. ;-)

For meat the general rule is. You can refreeze it but only in a different state. i.e. You can cook frozen sausages or defrost and cook frozen chicken. Then once it's COOKED and thoroughly cooled it's safe to refreeze one more time. Then when you're ready to use it. Defrost thoroughly and reheat thoroughly. I checked this out when I was doing WW. ;-)

Wow, ur all freezer experts! If you freeze chicken stew for example, do you have to defrost it before you reheat in the microwave? Or can you whack it straight in out the freezer?

You can do it straight away but i would put it on th defrost setting for a few minutes first, but microwaving things from frozen can take a looong time

Back