From a restarter...

Dreaming - Nice name ;) I'm really happy on CD 810 now that KD has relieved my little panic attack from earlier. I tried Exante before CD and the flavours just didn't agree with me. Much prefer CDs. All the best with your journey and thanks for sharing.

Bren - no this is just a problem with my computer. It happens on a lot of forums unfortunately.

Laura,

I've only just read this post and it's so moving. Thankyou very much for spelling out to us what will happen if we don't follow the CD plans. I had a hint of that this week when I gained 2lbs, bit of a shock that.
I think you are very brave indeed and admire you enormously for starting again. That really takes guts.
Thank you so much for your timely advice, much appreciated.:hug99:

I could have written that post myself. last year I was on CD, I ended up losing 7 stones then at the end of it, money was getting tight so I thought "I dont need the plans - surely just eating healthily and exercising will do now that Ive lost 7 stones" Except that I didnt eat healthily or exercise. Unfortunately, I went straight back to eating how I did before. So now I have put 5-6 stones back on (makes me angry and embarrassed and feeling stupid just saying that) but now am struggling to raise the money to go back on the diet. Hopefully I will get back onto it soon and this time will do the steps at the end of the diet. Goes to show that you also have to face the facts of why you eat. Mine is boredom. I read my diary below of my journey last year on the diet and just wish I didnt mess it up.

Bess - your rep message today made me smile for most of the afternoon. I'm glad my post helped. Thank you also to the other lovely people for your rep messages too. I wish it had your names :)

Paul - welcome back as well. I agree we need to know the why but I've realised there's 1000001 reasons I ate. This time around is going to be about sticking to the plan, going up the steps and stop trying to bend the rules. The reasons I want to eat will come up anyhow, I'm ready to face that addictive desire and remember I don't have to act on it.

Thank you Laura

Hi Laura,

I have just read you post and it made me cry :cry:
I have tried all the diets in the world, lost the weight and then put it all back on (plus a few extra pounds). I started CD ss as a last resort and have been on it for 10 days.
I want to say thank you for your honesty. I know that once i had lost the weight i would not have kept to the steps and ended up putting it on again. You have made me think very carefully and i have now promised myself i will use the cd steps properly once i reach my goal weight (long way to go yet :().

I wish you all the luck in the world and if you are ever feeling down, please give me a shout xxxx

Week 1: 9.5lb
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:

Goals

Week 1: 9.5lb Achieved:D:):D
Week 2: 4.5lb
Week 3: 4lb
Week 4: 3lb

To lose 1.5 stone by the 31st July :)

Thank you Dione. (((Hugs)) I'm really glad my post helped and I wish you all the best with the program.

The reality of what I've done in terms of the weight gain is only beginning to hit me now. It hurts. I've just written this letter to myself so I'm going to paste it here now too.

Dear me,

I'm writing this note as a reminder because I know how annoyed, horrible and sad you are at the moment.

Putting the size 14s back into your wardrobe was something I know you never 'wanted' to do and it sucks even more that they are actually a little tight.

I don't know why we've done and gone this whole weight gain thing again, and I know how unhappy you feel. But maybe this is about accepting the consequences of our actions and realising you can't binge and expect to stay the same weight.

I know you've not weighed yourself yet and really I don't think it's a good idea that you do. Wait another week until you need to get more packs but please please try not to judge yourself by that number on the scale. You are worth so much more than that.

I know also you are dreading seeing your colleagues on Tuesday and Wednesday as the last time you saw them those 14s were so big you were about to put them on ebay. So you know what, this is life and it will go on. And of course if you can think of some great way to get me out of this meeting, I'd still be very grateful ;)

I also know you don't feel like you've lost any weight yet and feel very bloated. So make sure you get up and about and you will feel better. Also, do start those resistance exercises because a bit of toning will also go a long way to making you feel better.

I also know it's bothering you that it was late August last year when you started CD so you could have been coming up to your first anniversary. I know you write a lot about the past here, even though you do spend a lot of time living in the present. The past (well the really distant stuff) is good memories because you were happy, and you will be happy again in the future, but there's no point living in the future either. You need to live in today so go on, you can do it.

Life goes on.... :)

Laura

I couldnt pf put it better myself!! Yes you lost the weight and yes you put it back on but getting upset about it will only make you eat (thats if you are like me)
Today is a new day and the start of a new and improved you :p This time you have learnt your lesson so i know not only will you exceed to your goal weight, you will maintain it for the future. i have 100% faith in you. Just wish i had that much faith in myself :sigh::sigh:!!
I know i am in ketosis but i am becoming miserable as iam constantly hungry:17729:still i am going to try my hardest and just hope for the best. I have been naughty this week as well and i am weighing myself daily :copon:which i know you shouldnt. im getting worried as i havent lost anything since Thursday :cry::cry:i could use the totm excuse but totm has been since Wednesday last week ( im at totm for at least a week :confused:).
Now that i am back to full health (had swine flu) i am going to make a concious effort of going to the gym 3 times a week even if its for a swim (hate the gym).
Any way Laura i think you are a great inspiration to us all and hope you can keep me going :D:D

I couldnt pf put it better myself!! Yes you lost the weight and yes you put it back on but getting upset about it will only make you eat (thats if you are like me)
Today is a new day and the start of a new and improved you :p This time you have learnt your lesson so i know not only will you exceed to your goal weight, you will maintain it for the future. i have 100% faith in you. Just wish i had that much faith in myself :sigh::sigh:!!
I know i am in ketosis but i am becoming miserable as iam constantly hungry:17729:still i am going to try my hardest and just hope for the best. I have been naughty this week as well and i am weighing myself daily :copon:which i know you shouldnt. im getting worried as i havent lost anything since Thursday :cry::cry:i could use the totm excuse but totm has been since Wednesday last week ( im at totm for at least a week :confused:).
Now that i am back to full health (had swine flu) i am going to make a concious effort of going to the gym 3 times a week even if its for a swim (hate the gym).
Any way Laura i think you are a great inspiration to us all and hope you can keep me going :D:D

So how about you have faith in me, I'll have faith in you and providing KD doesn't catch us, we'll be okay ;)

Are you sure you are physically hungry? That tends to go away in ketosis. x

I have no thoughts of it 'stuff it I want to eat.' This weight gain has really hit me hard and maybe now I'm going to be a bit more sensible with my food choices.

I love exercising but be careful on SS+ okay. If you don't like the gym, don't do it. Find a sport or exercise that you do like and you'll enjoy it so much more. :)

Im always thinking of food :( i find it the hardest inthe evening when i am cooking the kids their dinner and when my husband eats his dinner. I crave so much. I think i need to re train my brain as i think it is just because im thinking about it. I cant understand how i seem to be the only one inketosis and still hungry :( :(
I used ot love the gym but i cant seem to motivate myself this time round. I work full time and it takes me an hour to get there and an hour to get back so by the time im home im exhausted. I am goignt o try ad take my gym gear with me and go there straight from work. Ive used the excuse of i wont have time with my kids for long enough, 3 days a week is not going to hurt them :)
I am glad we can help each other :) What do you mean about KD? xxx

Laura a great way of forgiving yourself is writing an apology. And it's hard!

Dione, you can do this. When you go for a swim really think about how you feel afterwards and also try and only go for a small session. We tend to tell ourselves we must do 1 hour or I must do whatever.... It's using this language that sends our brains into defiance mode. I aim for 30 mins about 5 times a week and usually it ends up being 40 - 50 mins. Even when I cannot be bothered I sit on the bike for 30 mins and usually feel very glad I went.

Come on girls lets loose this weight and go shopping! Or in many of our cases aim at pulling something we love out of the wardrobe that use to fit and soon will again!

Bren
X

Thanks Bren :):)
I am determined to do this. I lost all my weight and got to a size 12 2 years ago then just used that as an excuse to eat for England :sigh: This time i am serious as i hate that i havehad to put the size 16's back on:eek:
I have saved a pair of my size 10 skinny jeans (which is what i wore when i 1st met my husband) and i am determined to be able to get back into them!!! I want to be a yummy mummy again rather then a frumpy mummy:eek:
I must admit this site has really helped me over the past few days. It has taken my mind off of my food and entertained and inspired me at the same time.

LETS GET SKINNY!!!!!!:8855:

Thanks Bren xx

Just a joke about KD. She's a wise one but she can be strict when she think it's necessary. If you haven't done so, think about getting the book Eating Less. It is a fabulous book to help with retraining the brain. One of the first things i learnt from it, and from KD was that the addictive desire to eat isn't a 'bad' thing. It's a natural response for us and just because we have that feeling, it doesn't mean we need to act on it.

I'm going for a ride now. I need some air. x

Last edited:
ok hun. I havent had the pleasure of meeting KD yet, cant wait til i do as i have heard alot of good things about her :)
Speak soon hun happy riding xx

I cant understand how i seem to be the only one inketosis and still hungry :( :(

Dione,

I was just the same. Ketosis doesn't stop all people being hungry. Don't worry about that. Diversion tactics are the thing and I find that black coffee, being a strong 'after dinner' taste helps. I never drank it before. Has to be deaff for me though or I can't sleep. I also always keep a bar to go with the evening coffee. I can delay it for quite a while - 'I'll just bring the washing in..feed the horse...shut up the fowl...check the sheep....ring someone'.......then I find the crossword from the paper, or settle down with a DVD, coffee, bar and yum!
Good luck,

Thanks Laura, think i'll give that one a try xxx

Thankyou for posting this.

Wow what do you say to that??

I have goosebumps and tears in my eyes.

I want to thankyou for such an honest and open post as there are no doubt so many of us on here that feel the same way.

This is my 1st time on cd and this definately makes me understand just how important it is to follow the plans right to the very end.

Thank you again and goodluck on your new journey :) xx

Laura,
Just read your post :cry: sadly this is the position i am in now :cry:
I have put on 1/2 stone of the 3 i lost :cry:
So tomorrow, new year new me...
I will, with the help on this forum, lose the weight and keep it off forever :D

thanks for posting :flirt2:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is one of the hardest posts I've ever written but I just hope it helps someone.

Last year I completed SS, losing about 3 stone and ending up quite happily around 9 stone 10.

Like many on here, I'd battled with weight and depression all my life and thought I'd finally finally broken the back of it. I felt great, I looked great, and I was finally beginning to live. I made a lot of plans for this year doing all those things I'd put off for being overweight and just enjoying 'being normal.'

I finished SS and thought that was it, I had it made. I was really careful with my food and exercise and maintained my weight for a few months. I didn't do the steps because I didn't think I needed them.

Then I didn't deal with some of the issues that were bothering me. I made a few half arsed attempts to get back on track and would do okay for a bit but slowly, and then faster, I went downhill and I kept on tumbling.

I didn't learn how to control my food, I didn't reach out properly for help, I stopped weighing myself, I stopped exercising, I stopped planning my food. I started to feel sorry for myself, I started to think 'just one won't hurt' and I thought tomorrow would be another day.

Now I find myself 6 months later wondering what on earth happened. I'm back at the weight I was before I started CD, and perhaps a little bit more. I'm isolating from friends and colleagues, especially those that were sceptical about the diet. The diet didn't do anything wrong, it was me.

We've all got battles to face and after the honeymoon period of losing weight is over, the hard part really begins. This is time you really need your CDC for guidance, use the forums and follow the steps - they are there for a reason.

To anyone out there who is thinking about not doing the steps, about going it alone, please reconsider. We've all learnt how to NOT eat in SS/SS+, now it's time to learn how to eat. The steps teach you how to be control of your food.

I don't want anyone else to end up like me - 6 months later looking at photos of a me that was so happy and feeling so free and knowing they have to go through the process all. over. again. Instead I feel guilty, ashamed, sad, and I'm hurting because I let down the one person I really need to look after - me.

So financially things are going to be tough too but I'm determined to still have a life as much as I can. For (cliche two) it's often been about what's eating me, not what am I eating so I will get out there and keep meeting the triggers that have caused me to run back to the food and isolation before. I can do this, but it's just a pain I have to do it all over again!!

I'm a big believer in life trying to teach you lessons and if you miss them the first, second, third.... time, they'll come back at you so you can learn them in order to move onto your next stage. This is where I am now, the kid whose just been told she needs to repeat a whole lesson that really the answer was just there on the page, she just didn't really think she needed it.

After a really bad week, where i lost control, took 5 sessions of training OFF (out of 8) and have been struggling to get into my healthy frame of mind, this entry was just what I needed, and odd how i happened upon it (obviously its to help me learn the lesson)

I have a really good friend who also believed that until you learn the lesson it will keep coming back on you, whatever the area of life.

Inspirational. Life does not start tomorrow, it starts now. Actually it already started so I better jump on, full steam ahead the life I was meant to live.

Back