From Caterpillar to Butterfly

Day 9: Tuesday 5th November

I did ok today. Was at university all day with short breaks, I've not gone gone over syns, but I've gone over my goal of 10, because I haven't had a chance to do a shop yet and had to pinch some white bread off my parents for dinner. But feeling a lot better and (TMI) less bunged up.

I hate to say it but not seeing the OH this weekend or next will help and decided to do pretty meal plans and timetables so I don't go off the wagon whilst doing shifts as I know it will be a problem.

Whilst I'm busy this week I hope will stop me eating rubbish. It's when I get home that will be a problem. Between getting home and eating dinner is when snacking happens; not knowing what to have then cooking allows snackage time!

Food Diary

Breakfast - nothing

Lunch - Heinz class I Vegetable Soup (F) Banana (SF)

Dinner - 2 white slices of medium bread (9 syns) baked beans (F)

Snacks - skinny top corn sweet and salty (6syns)

HEA: (1) Alpro chocolate carton 250mL (2) sweetened soy 250mL

Syns total: 15

Last edited:
Woweee you are gonna be a busy lass. Lots on but like you say at least you have time to spend with OH & the furbaby! I am glad you are not disappointed with your loss like you say the still coming off & you can now focus on the next week. Dxxx

Sorry it's taken so long to reply!

How are you getting on?
It's the right direction that's the main thing!

Exactly as long as its coming off that is the main thing

Yeah getting on good just heading home from work its freezinggg!!!

Brrrrr cant wait to get in & get the heating on.

Dxxx

Day 10: Wednesday 6th November

Today wasn't as good. I haven't got a lot of food in so hit the emergency freezer supply and again pinched some bread off my parents. Which I syned. I am finding I'm not as hungry and don't get too strong an urge to buy Doritos or other snacks.

I've been busy all week and preparing my meals has really helped especially when we eat in the canteen and they have cheap food. Today they had wonderful looking double veggie burgers, but not knowing they were vegan anyway and having my own food stopped me. If I didn't, I probably wouldn't have eaten or bought their falafel and houmous wraps that they have which are tiny and would barely touch the sides.

Food Diary

Breakfast - nothing

Lunch - Heinz chunky vegetable soup (F) banana (SF)

Dinner - baked beans (F) medium white bread 2 slices (9 syns) and 2 tesco veggie fingers (5 syns) fried in Frylight (F)

image-32697285.jpg

Snacks: chilli rice crackers (7 syns)

Others: americano (F)

HEA: (1) sweetened soy milk 250mL (2) Alpro chocolate soy carton 250mL

total syns: 21

Exactly as long as its coming off that is the main thing Yeah getting on good just heading home from work its freezinggg!!! Brrrrr cant wait to get in & get the heating on. Dxxx

I know it's got very crisp, I do prefer the cold though I have to say. So many years of being big and uncomfortable in the summer, having to cover up. At least when I'm cold I can do something about it!

x Kayla x

I'm the same love when its acceptable to cover up in lots of forgiving layers of clothes!

Hopefully that will change next summer tho xxx

Day 11: Vegan Does Slimming World

(Catch Up Posts!)

Thursday 7th November
I’m so tired! I want to curl and hibernate till Christmas. It’s been a very long week, but only a day to go! This weekend my parents are taking the furbaby to Weymouth so my brother and I, have the house to ourselves. He never leaves his room, so it’s basically all mine; except I don’t leave mine either.
Today food wise, was OK until I got home. I had to go to the doctors to have a jab in my backside to prevent me reproducing. I came home first, and had some left over pasta from lunch and a shower, then (thankfully) my dad took me. He was testing out a board he’d made for the van, for the dog. Basically its a cramped 2 seater at the front next to the driver. When they drove to Weymouth last time, furbaby fell asleep and kept resting her head on the hazard light button. He made her a board to sleep on, that’s covered in carpet and everything. She has to sleep facing forward because of motion sickness.
By the time I got back I was knackered, starving hungry. So I went a little crazy.

Food Diary
Breakfast – 2 slices of wholemeal 800g loaf (2xHEB)

Lunch – Spicy Pasta Salad (F) Banana (SF) Alpro Dark Chocolate dessert (6 syns)

Dinner – Panini (12 syns) Tesco Reduced Fat houmous (4 syns) lettuce (SF) Cucumber (SF) 2 falafel (made from a mix) (6 syns)

Other: Americano (F)

HEA: (1) 250mL sweetened Soy Milk

Total Syns: 28

I am having so much trouble staying under syns. It’s not necessarily unhealthy things, just foods that don’t fit in with slimming world. This weekend I’m meal planning and doing a shop, so I have things that are appropriate in the house, and don’t have to use my syns for silly things like bread or freezer food.

Day 12: Vegan Does Slimming World

(Catch Up Post!)
Friday 8th November

At last! at last! Friday has arrived. It was busy and stressful right to the end.

I stayed behind after lessons and printed things off at the library, for the weekend. I also found out that my DBS (CRB) hasn’t come through, so I can’t start work placement Monday. We have to complete so many hours to get through the course, so not starting means I already have hours to make up. I then waited for the bus in the pouring rain and cold.

Finally getting on, two stops later it was delayed by 20 minutes whilst two women had a screaming match at each other, being aggressive and trying to hit and kick each other, it was loud and several people got off they were that scared. I finally made it to the train station, thinking how much I can’t wait to get out of this city, only 2 years to go. As I was waiting for the train people just stood in front of me, they may as well have been on the tracks themselves. Was I invisible? It was clear that I was standing there waiting for the train, I don’t understand why people can be so rude and ignorant to other people. It’s not like any of us would be getting a seat. I honestly don’t think you could pay me enough to work in London, unless I drove from very far away.
I made it home and I’ve eaten a tonne of pasta. Exhausted. Not having the energy or the will to do anything.

Food Diary

Breakfast – Nothing

Lunch – Spicy Pasta Salad (F)

Dinner – Spicy Pasta Salad (F)

Others: Americano x 2 (F)

HEA: (1) 250mL Sweetened Soy Milk

I spent the evening watching Monsters Inc, drinking tea and reading Harry Potter trying to recover from a very long week.

Day 13: Vegan Does Slimming World

Saturday 9th November

It was so nice not having to get up and ridiculous o’clock in the morning, I slept in till 9! Then I fell back to sleep, and didn’t wake up till 12!

I did feel a bit rough having so much sleep, but at the same time it was nice. I made something to eat and then took my time getting ready, knowing full well I had to do a food shop. I wrapped up with a jumper and a jacket, and went to get the bus. When it came I got on and it didn’t go anywhere. The back doors had broken, so I got off and started walking to the train station, only 15 minutes away, and as I nearly got there the bus drove past, the driver must have fixed the doors.

I got the train and headed to the supermarket. It was a good haul, but heavy lifting. I went to the shop after to get a magazine, then went back to the supermarket to get a different one, that I had spotted on the way out. When I was at the bus stop, my mum sent me a message asking if I could pick up some Beechams from the chemist for my brother, so I lugged all the shopping to the chemist, and back to the bus stop.
The bus was taking ages so I eventually got the train back, and walked 20 minutes home. I was fed up, cold and aching from the shopping.
Do you ever feel there’s just weeks and months of your life you shouldn’t have gotten out of bed for?

The Haul.

• Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almond sweetened Milk
  • 2.5kg Baking potatoes
  • 3 tins of Heinz Classic Vegetable soup
  • Parsnips
  • 3 colour peppers
  • Bananas
  • leeks
  • Broccoli
  • Mushrooms
  • Clementines
  • Spinach
  • Asparagus
  • Reduced Fat Houmous
  • Courgettes
  • Tofu
  • Wholewheat Pasta
  • Baked Beans
  • Metcalfe’s Skinny Topcorn Sweet and Salty
They didn’t have any Linda McCartney sausages which I was really disappointed about. It sounds silly but, I enjoy them and they go with almost everything. Dare I leave the house tomorrow to get some? I’m worried about what dramas or just irritating things will unfold. I feel like it’s safer to stay under the duvet all day.

Food Diary

Breakfast – Nothing. Got up at lunch

Lunch – Penne Pasta (F) Dolmio Garlic and Tomato Stir In (8 syns)

Dinner – Roasted Vegetables: courgettes (SF), Red, Green and Yellow pepper (SF), Asparagus (SF), Parsnips (F) 4 Tesco Vegetable Fingers (10 syns)

HEB: (1) 2 slices warburtons Wholemeal 400g loaf (2) 2 slices of warburtons wholemeal 400g loaf

HEA: (1) 500mL Almond Breeze Sweetened Almond Milk

Syns: Green and Blacks Organic Hot chocolate powder 4 tsp (4 syns)

Total Syns: 22 syns

I’ve spent the evening sipping Green and Blacks hot chocolate with almond milk from my HEA, munching toast, and reading the magazines I bought today.

Vegetarian Christmas and Vegetarian Living

Hey honey.

Just catching up with your diary.

I know what you mean about people being just downright rude & ignorant its the same in Glasgow!

Absolutely drives me insane, I get the bus to work & I swear its like a free for all to get on & no one cares who was there first.

Dxxx

Hey honey.

Just catching up with your diary.

I know what you mean about people being just downright rude & ignorant its the same in Glasgow!

Absolutely drives me insane, I get the bus to work & I swear its like a free for all to get on & no one cares who was there first.

Dxxx

It must be a big city thing! If people were nicer to each other then everyone would be happier, instead of looking like the zombie apocalypse. I don't care how much you pay me, I don't want to be miserable, and be part of that unhappy crowd everyday. People say you have to work in the big city to get the big pay cheque, well then it just proves money can't buy happiness.

How are you getting on?

x Kayla x

Day 14: Vegan Does Slimming World

Sunday 10th November

I slept a lot today.

I woke up early, had something to eat, did some washing, put Despicable Me on and fell back to sleep!
I felt really rough when I woke up, like I was hungover but still drunk, even though I've not had a drink. I decided to get some fresh air and hunt Linda McCartney sausages, as the supermarket didn't have any yesterday. Today they had them! So I bought a couple of boxes, even though I try to get them whilst on offer, it was an emergency. I got there and back on the bus, without drama. It was a good day!
When I got back, I did some more washing and cooked an epic roast dinner that consisted of 6 different types of vegetable and a large plate.

Me and the other half have been arguing the last couple of nights. I think I've got PMT but I'm not sure as I don't have a cycle, as it were. But as I had my injection Thursday I'm assuming it would be around now.

All week I've been emotional, and everything has been getting to me. I assumed I was just tired as it was a full on week, but maybe it was that. I won't be able to see him till late evening on the 22nd, and then only until the 24th.
I hate being 106.1 miles away from him, yes I calculated; I need to get through this course and move to him, get out of this City. Only 21 months to go. We have a holiday booked for next August and we've got lots of time off together over Christmas.

I need to focus on that, and get through. 21 months isn't long really. I just know how much can go wrong in such a short space of time.

Food Diary

Brunch - 2 slices of warburtons wholemeal from 400g loaf (HEB) Baked Beans (F) Mushrooms (SF) Red and Green Pepper (SF) Red onion (SF) Alpro Dark Chocolate Dessert (6syns)

brunch 10.11.13.jpeg

Dinner - Roasted Parsnips (F) Carrots (SF) Potatoes (F) Brussels sprouts (SF) asparagus (SF) Leeks (SF) mash potato (F) 2 LM sausages (4 syns) 2 Aunt Bessie Stuffing Balls (5 syns)

dinner 10.11.13.jpeg

I made bubble and squeak using the mashed potato and leeks.

Total Syns: 15
I was stuffed after this dinner. I always know when I've had a good slimming world day because I'm always full to busting.
Monday was a really bad day to do weigh ins on. I'm really nervous about what the scales are going to say tomorrow. I've not been under my syns at all this week, and I have feeling it's going to reflect, along with the masses of food I've had today.

Attachments

• brunch3 10.11.13.jpeg
    brunch3 10.11.13.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 63
Your meals always look soooooooooooooooooooo good!!!

I am doing good.

Was ill yesterday, hungover so my own fault but I swearl all I did was eat all day long!!!

Back on track today though - 11lbs down so far many more to go!

Dxxx

Monday 11th November

I was suppose to be at work placement today but as my DBS hasn’t cleared yet I took the day to plan meals and make a weight loss pyramid.

Each coloured block is a lb loss. Except the red blocks which are stone marks. The starred blocks are stones reached. Are you with me? It’s a way of me seeing how far I’ve come, and motivation for how far I’ve got to go, but at the same time because the blocks get smaller and get narrower in a pyramid shape, it looks less daunting. Well it works for me anyway. It is thanks to Stilltoowide on here for giving me the idea and sending me templates of her examples, that I have this motivation.

Procrastination from studying at its best.
I’ve made meal plans for the next couple of weeks, and if I stick to it 100% I should expect good losses.

I written the 7 days along the top Monday to Sunday, with it’s own column. I’ve marked Friday with a (WD) as it’s weigh day.
I’ve also written (P) on the days I have work placement so I know I need to prepare food for those days in advance and that I’ll be short of time both ends of the day for breakfast and dinner; meaning those days I need quick fixes. They’re long shifts.
I’ve split the page into 4 bigger rows, marked “Breakfast”, “Lunch”, and “Dinner” and then at the bottom, “Notes”. The notes section is where I’ve totaled how many healthy extra A, Bs and how many syns I’ll have that day.

I’ve done this for two weeks, but I’ll do another two weeks worth tomorrow, that way I’m not caught out, and I’ll be able to plan the weekends I’ll be with the OH, along with shopping lists pre prepared for when I get 5 minutes to do a shop.
Not only will it help with my weight-loss, pre planning meals, but it will also help me save money. My shopping list will be set in stone, and it’s a relatively cheap haul. Baked beans, jacket potatoes, soups, rice and pasta, but enough variation so I don’t get bored.

Food Diary

Breakfast – Nothing

Lunch – Baked beans (F) on 2 slices of wholemeal from a 400g load (HEB), dry fried courgette (SF) mushrooms (SF)

Dinner – Tofu (F), piri piri seasoning (F) stir fried vegetables (SF) added mushrooms (SF) and courgettes (SF), with 2 nest of cooked dried noodles (F) using 1tbs of rapeseed oil (7 syns)

Others: banana (SF)
HEA: (1) 500mL Blue Diamond, Almond Breeze, Sweetened Almond Milk

Total Syns: 7

Your meals always look soooooooooooooooooooo good!!!

I am doing good.

Was ill yesterday, hungover so my own fault but I swearl all I did was eat all day long!!!

Back on track today though - 11lbs down so far many more to go!

Dxxx

Thank you! I try to make them look neat and not just mush, I just find it more enjoyable to eat, no idea why.

Awww you feeling better now? self inflicted or not it's still awful being ill. I have a lot of hollow days when I just don't feel full.

11lbs is awesome!! keep it up! :)

x Kayla x

Day 16: Vegan Does Slimming World

Tuesday 12th November

Yesterday I weighed in, but it only came up as 0.4lbs, and I refused to allow that to be my weigh in. I had a massive dinner on Sunday, and figured it was that, so I gave myself an extra day for an official weight. I weighed again this morning and I've lost 1.8lbs, THAT I will accept. Bringing my total loss to 54.7lbs. I'm changing weigh day to Fridays anyway because weighing Monday creates too much pressure for the weekend, and life is too damn short to be so pressured at weekends regarding food. So weigh days are now Friday.

It leaves 11.5lbs to go, to reach my Christmas goal.

There are so many goals I have to work towards.

• Christmas is first goal of a 14lb loss since I started Slimming world.
    By New Years I would have liked to have reached my Club 10, which is a 10% loss from my starting weight.
    If I reach my Christmas weight early, it means I only have 6/7lbs to lose by New Years.
  • I have a wedding next June which I would really love to buy a LadyVLondon swing dress for, and I'd like to have lost a total of 94lbs by then.
    That is another 40lbs from where I am today or 29lbs from Christmas goal.
    This is a very exciting thought, as its achievable and would get me to a weight I've never seen on the scales before.
  • August 2014, the other half and I have a holiday to Tenerife booked.
    It will be our first proper holiday as a couple and my first proper holiday without my parents. It's also the first time I've been to a different country that wasn't France or Germany. I would like to have reached my ultimate goal weight of what I think I'll be happy with. That's a total of 130lb loss and a loss of 76lb loss from today.

That final goal is a long way off, and I'm not focusing on that just yet and it's quite daunting to think about losing another 76lbs in less than a year. When it took so long to get as far as I have. I will have literally halved myself. Which is just plain scary.
My mum asked to me today whilst I cooked dinner, "Why is the weight not falling off you?", I said "I don't know, my thyroids fine so the doctors don't want to know." Its because she knows how hard I try and that I do eat healthier than anyone in the house, and yet....It's depressing.

Food Diary

Breakfast - Jordan's Porridge Oats (HEB) Sweetened soy Milk from (HEA) and a Banana (SF)

Lunch - Jacket potato (F) with baked beans (SF)

Dinner - Scrambled Tofu (F) on 2 slices of wholemeal from 400g loaf, toasted (HEB) with Green&Red Peppers (SF) and Mushrooms (SF). An Alpro Cherry Yoghurt (5 syns)

dinner 12.11.13. instagram.jpg

Others: coffee, tea using milk from HEA

Total Syns: 5

Feeling much better now.

Ended up having a chinese after work!

Grrrrrrrrrr what happened to my willpower!

Dxxx

Chinese was my favourite as a meat eater, my word the feasts I would have! mmm

Forget about it now! Tomorrow is a new day, you can totally get back on track, think of your goals!
Set little rewards for when you reach certain goals, mines to get my hair done, get a new dress etc Gives you the motivation!

x Kayla x

Day 17: Vegan Does Slimming World

Wednesday 13th November

My chronic fatigue has hit me big time the last couple of days, as I've had nothing to do. DBS still hasn't cleared, which is worrying because I have to do 450 hours before February and we have two weeks off at Christmas. I hope when I do start the fatigue doesn't effect me and I get into a routine.

Today food wise has been 100% to plan. I was going to have a sauce with my lunch that was 4syns (half a pot of Dolmio) but instead made my own 'free on green', which gave me 4 syns to play with if I wanted to, but still sticking to the 12 I had planned for. I also bulked it out with loads of super free veg, and portioned it out to use on other days, which will save my syns on those days also!

Food Diary

Breakfast - 2 slices of wholemeal from 400g loaf (HEB), 1 tbs of Pure soy spread (4syns) and a cup of tea using milk from my HEA.

Lunch - Wholewheat Pasta (F) with Arrabiata sauce (recipe) (F) with (SF) vegetables. Banana (SF)

Dinner - Jacket Potato (F) with Baked Beans (F) 2 Linda McCartney Original Sausages (4 syns)

Others: Twinnings Green tea with mango and Lychee (F) Hot Chocolate with milk from HEA and 4 tsp of Green and Black's Organic powder (4syns)

HEA: (1) 250mL sweetened soy milk (2) 250mL sweetened soy milk

Total Syns: 12

And so concludes my evening.

Back