From Fat Matt to... well, we'll see!

Thanks guys, 1.5lbs off tonight! Probably more than I deserved after NYE, but so glad now it's done. Going to have my first perfect week in ages, no stress!

How have your groups been this week? Was a bit miffed with mine. What with all the new members, my consultant did the new members talk with everyone. Doesn't really feel fair to us current members, £5 wasted really :/

There's a new Starbucks near me open until midnight now, with it being low syn, I've been going regularly and am now getting poor :p

Well done on the loss :)

Tonight was the first time I stayed to group since before Christmas. My consultant did a 'new member talk' as well, I think to help current members get their heads around the new plan too, especially SP. It was useful, but I had already read my book and understood it. In a way it was good to hear her explain it and confirm I do actually understand. At least it will be back to normal next week.

I just found the whole session useless really, it's the first time I've left a session being disappointed with something other than my loss! Like you say though, back to normal next week.

I find it funny how they don't call the third of each much Superfree anymore to "make it less confusing", but the one thing lots of people get confused between is Extra Easy and Extra Easy SP :p

Did your groups have any good SP losses? In my Sheffield group, I'd seen 2 people disappointed with the results (half a pound, a pound), whereas the two who did it in my group tonight lost 6lbs and 6.5lbs!

Not many have done SP yet, at least none of the people I talk to. Some are doing it this week, so will be interesting to see how they do. I am going to stick with EE for now, as it is working well for me :) I may use SP in the future though, as I try not to eat too many carbs, so it shouldn't be too bad. My consultant said that she hates SP, but purely because it doesn't suit her.

I'm also sticking to Extra Easy. I never did Success Express or Red/Green Days (not even sure what they are), but my friend told me they were better than SP.

I tend to have carbs with every meal, usually potatoes, rice or my HE B. Maybe I'll do SP in the future, but I'd really struggle on it! I'm surprised Slimming World have done this tbh. They always push a balanced, reasonable diet where nothing is banned, so I'm surprised it's not cutting down carbs as opposed to completely "banning" them.

The thing with SP is that is meant to be followed short term. They recommend a week to begin with. I think if done all the time, then it is unhealthy, but if done combined with EE and more carbs then it's fine, which is what they suggest. I have done red days, basically carbs are restricted, either by synning or using as a measured healthy B. I love pasta and potatoes, but I have a tendency to over eat with them, especially pasta!

Well done on your loss!
Finally getting a chance to have a look at peoples diaries and I have to say you're doing great, can really tell the difference in the pics-i definitely needed some inspiring tonight :)
I too found the group a bit disappointing through no fault of the consultant but it did cover any questions I had on the sp plan so it was worth it-going to try it next week to see if it makes a difference!
Good luck on your journey :)

Elanor, I love my carbs too, but may try a Red Day instead. I don't often squeeze every last syn into my day, so I think it may be more doable. I have a weakness for potatoes too to the point my uni housemates mock me for it now, saying I am always in the corner peeling potatoes :p

Thanks michrm :D It's better to see I'm not alone, wondered if it was just my consultant! You're doing incredible btw, such a massive loss in just over 3 months :eek: You're almost at 4 stone, I'm looking to get that loss by the end of April xD

Thanks, and you! Good luck with SP :)

It is worth a try to see how you get on :) You also get 2 healthy A's and 2 healthy B's on Red days. I love a good jacket potato! And SW chips are a life saver!

2 HE Bs would be amazing, I eat burger with a bap, and beans on toast a lot, so usually alternate between the two daily. I don't have cheese at all, so the HE A would just go on more hot chocolate.... :p

Definitely not alone, I'm looking forward to going back to normality in the groups next week-I missed hearing how people got on and getting some tips!
Aww thanks I'll be glad when I can see the difference (I know clothes are bigger etc but I can't see it if that makes any sense) like you I'm aiming for September although I think I might be being a bit too optimistic lol but at least be lighter than now-hopefully!
Sounds like a great plan I'm sure you will be able to achieve that :)

If you go on the website, they used to have an online guide to the red days. They still have the healthy extra lists though. Read up on it :) As i think beans come under healthy b choice, like potatoes and pasta does. It is a bit more restricted than EE is. I like red days though.

Late reply, but thanks Elanor! I'll check it out when I feel I need a boost :)

Not feeling as fearful for the scales next week now I'm back to plan as normal, such a weight off my shoulders! Definitely a lesson that going off plan in a big way, just isn't worth it playing on my mind.

Definitely need more variety in my meals. Used 3 syns on an extra slice of bread for my beans on toast earlier :p

Good to hear you are getting back on track after the holidays :) Variety is definitely important, even if it is just one new thing during the week, I find it helps.

I have just had a thought in regards to the red plan. As you joined last year, there is a separate book in the pack you were given that covers red and green days. So if you still have the whole thing, then all the info is there :)

Hi Matt! I'd like to subscribe if that's ok? You are doing amazing, really inspirational!

im in my second week of slimming world, I do it from home as I live in the middle of no where and have 2 young children so I find there is no convenient meetings for me. I joined a few years ago so have all the books from then, hopefully things haven't changed too much.

i had my first weigh in on Friday, and I'm 5.5lb down, I'm so over the moon and feeling really hopeful I can get rid of this weight for good.

really looking forward to reading all your posts, good luck with the revision and keep us all posted!

Amy x

Thanks SilverMoon! Hopefully, I wouldn't find Red Days as challenging as others might, as I tend to use my syns on food anyway instead of sweet treats.

Elanor, I have a variety of burgers at least, kind of variety, right? xD Then that's my HE B gone. I'm struggling to find quick meal recipes. The only ones I seem to do use up my HE B like porridge or beans on toast, I need some ideas which don't. I have all the packs still, so shall have a look thanks :) Need to transfer all my losses into my new book. I like that the new one gives syns for specific takeaways. The fact you could have 2 pieces of KFC original recipe chicken and stay within your daily syns is odd though. Anyone else look at the syns for some of the junk food and wonder how it's so small? :p

Hi Amy, and of course! Thanks everyone for subscribing :D And again for the compliments! Got a side-view glimpse of myself in the mirror earlier wearing a top that was previously way too small to wear, and could tell I look different! It still is a little too small, but it's only a pyjama top so in the comfort of my own home at least. Can't wait for my chest size to go down. Hated my chest for years. Just by putting my hands on my hips, it makes my chest look quite a lot smaller, aha.

When did you first join Amy? I'd recommend going along and signing up even if it's just to get the books, so you have all the up to date packs and information. If you ever struggle, it may be easier for people to help you then :) Well done on the first week loss, mine was the exact same :D Thanks, revision will all be done for a while in just 2 weeks time, bring it on :D

Elanor, I have a variety of burgers at least, kind of variety, right? xD Then that's my HE B gone. I'm struggling to find quick meal recipes. The only ones I seem to do use up my HE B like porridge or beans on toast, I need some ideas which don't. I have all the packs still, so shall have a look thanks :) Need to transfer all my losses into my new book. I like that the new one gives syns for specific takeaways. The fact you could have 2 pieces of KFC original recipe chicken and stay within your daily syns is odd though. Anyone else look at the syns for some of the junk food and wonder how it's so small? :p

Haha, yep, that is variety! I love burgers lol...I have just discovered venison burgers, the Sainsbury ones are only 2 syns each! For meal ideas, have a look through the recipe sub-forum. There are loads of threads, including ones for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also, have a read of some of other people's food diaries.
I don't know if I want to transfer my losses across. I am quite attached to my old book :D Plus, I don't mind having my current weight in it, save me having to do the maths!! It is dangerous if I look at the takeaway pages, they are one of the reasons I am doing SW lol :)

Hi Matt, here to sub! Massive congrats on your loss to date. Can totally see a difference in your pictures. Keep going and doing what your doing :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi Matt,

Another big thank you from me I got my first loss this week :)

@SilverMoon, I don't eat soups at all, just not a fan. My friend made a tasty chicken soup before, but it's not something I'd like as a meal. Prefer having a good old munch on something, aha. I definitely need to find things for the egg wraps though, heard it recommended a few times, thanks! I've just noticed my target weight is higher than your start weight btw xD Can't remember if it was this thread I said it, so sorry if I'm repeating myself, but I'm still not entirely sure what target to set for myself. I see 11 stone people looking fantastic, but if people like yourself are starting at less than 11 stone and not happy with their weight, it makes me wonder how I'll feel, aha.

@Elanor, I have a lot of syn free/low syn homemade ones, all from Slimming World books. The Ocean Burgers, Beef Burger, and Cajun Chicken burgers are all lovely. Served with Slimming World chips too, mmmmm. Cheers for the heads up, will look for more recipes in 2 weeks time when my time isn't being spent on revision, aha. I know what you mean about being attached, I'm going to get new stickers for my new book so I can use them both for a while :D

@NewMe14, Hey! Thanks for subscribing, glad you can notice too! So many kind words from people here, should've signed up months ago. Good luck with your own journey!

@Dan, I feel awkward saying you're welcome, as it's you who's putting the work in, not me xD But I'm glad I could inspire you so early on in my own journey :D Well done on the massive loss in just one week :D

Back