From Fat Matt to... well, we'll see!

Well said! Shall have to remember that :)

So weigh in was tonight, and I lost 2 and a half pounds! So, so happy with that. To have that after weeks of fearing the scales and knowing I've been on plan this week is fantastic. Look what I got :D

Was supposed to get the Body Magic award last week, but forgot to ask for it, aha. But this next one is the one I'm so happy with. Plus, green is my favourite colour, so even better :D

Yay! Well done on your loss, and your awards :)

Wow Matt that's fantastic news! Congratulations on the 2 awards :happy096:

Hi Matt...New to this site so still feeling my way around some :) but I stumbled across your diary and was impressed by you posting your pics..and boy can you tell already! It's hard for us to see it all the time I know I can't..lol..But when someone stops and asks you 'Have you lost weight?' then it's a real incentive to push on. I got my 2 1/2 stone award yesterday too! It's given me a real boost that I think is going to drive me on to the next goal! Trying to mix the foods up a bit this week (try new recipes and foods not had for a while) to keep the momentum going! :)

Hi Gemsta, thanks! Sorry for the late reply, haven't been on much the past week. 2 exams down, 2 to go! Good luck with your own weight loss!

Needed to come on tonight though. Absolutely gutted. I've not gone to group this week, so did my weigh in at home. I'm not sure the difference between my scales and the ones at group, but my scales are telling me I've gained a pound and a quarter, and I have absolutely no idea why! I had one meal out of 21 off plan, so used 30 syns that day. That's not enough to gain that much, so I don't have a clue what's gone on :(

I've weighed myself with my home scales before, and they're not that different to group I don't think, maybe half a pound difference showing. To have this after how happy I was with my 2 and a half stone off last week is horrible.

:(

So I won't accept a gain of that much when there's no good reason :p so weighed myself again not long ago (didn't eat anything since the first time I weighed, and only went to empty what I'd drank after weighing :p ) and it's now saying it's a maintain, so 1lb and a quarter less than they were saying before.

Will just wait til I'm back in group next week, this has just messed with my head!

Last edited:
Good for you :) from what you've said about your week I think it is most likely the scales-i know mine can range from being the same as sw to this week being 7lb higher!-I almost went off track because of my annoyance only to find out they were very wrong.
I think that's the best idea to wait till next week and I'm sure you will see the result you expect!

Good luck for this week and don't let that result knock you off your focus-sounds like you've got the right positive attitude tho :)

Ignore the scales :) weighing at home can make you frustrated. Well, for me anyway. So definitely don't accept the gain :D Keep on plan, you are doing really well and I bet you will have a good loss next week :)

Agreed...if you weigh in at group then don't even bother getting on the scales at home...and if you do don't take any notice ...all scales vary! And the only ones that count are what you actually weigh in on! :)

Thanks for your kind words everyone! Like I say I wouldn't usually weigh myself at home, only did so as my weekly weigh in for this week, with me not going to group. I was curious, and weighed myself when I got it, and it said a 2lb loss. Basically my weight in the space of 3 hours, according to my friend's awful scales, varied from 14st 7lbs to 14st 11lbs. Hmmmm, just looking forward to next week!

2 more exams to go! Spanish one tomorrow!

I watched a couple of episodes of that BBC documentary on losing weight, which was interesting. Glad I'm not an emotional eater after that exam the other day, aha. I wouldn't put myself in any group, but I matched the description of a constant craver more. Interesting that Slimming World says you can eat as much potatoes as you like, and in the show, they listed other filling carbs, but said to avoid potatoes as they don't keep you feeling fuller for longer. Love my Slimming World chips and homemade mash though :p

Weight fluctuates throughout the day naturally for various reasons. Which can be a nuisance :)

That documentary was quite interesting from what I saw of it. I am an emotional eater, so I have to make sure I don't buy a load of crap! Otherwise it will all be gone if I have a bad day.

Good luck with your exams, hope they go well :)

Well it's a good job I didn't let those rubbish scales get me down for the week. Because I've gone to group tonight 4lbs lighter than I was 2 weeks ago! I've gone about my week as normal, ate food as usual before weigh in, so really happy! Lesson well and truly learnt, aha.

3lbs to go until my 3 stone award! It'd be lovely if I could get it in my first week back at my regular group in Sheffield, but I'm not gonna do anything to rush it. If it happens then great, if not, then it'll happen soon enough :D

Told my friend I was dieting today, asked her how much she'd thought I'd lost (as she previously commented on my weight loss, which I just shook off). She said 8lbs! Then again she did think my start weight was 2 stone lighter than it was, so I'm going to assume she doesn't have a good idea on this type of stuff :p

Well done Matt.. that's great :)

Well done on your great loss :) You'll get to your next award in no time :)

Back