From Matron to MILF

Hi Sophia, just wanted to say hello. I'm new to SW and also doing EE too. I understand your fears about the sagging bits! I'm 41 next month and this is also a concern. I think we just need to get some toning exercises for damage limitation! x

hmmm toning excercises...I will give them a go if you will! What did you have in mind? :D
Welcome aboard! Slimming world is great cos its based on the healthy eating plate so its training you to be healthy. How are you finding the plan? Ive only been doing it (this time round) for 2 1/2 weeks so far I seem to have the hang of it, but my repetoire of breakfasts/lunches/dinners/snacks is quite small at the mo. I used to have simply hundreds of options, now I only have the healthy ones!:doh: :rolleyes: :D

For me breakfasts seem to be weetabix or full english or omlette and beans, lunches are jacket, packet pasta or packet rice and salad, and dinners are, well ok I have a few of those; spag bol, chilli, cottage pie, sw fish and chips, egg and chips, chilli beetroot risotto, roasted veg risotto, mushroom risotto, oozing leek risotto, kedgeree, curry (veg or chicken or chickpea) roast chicken, chicken chasseur, chicken kievs, pan seared salmon, smoked salmon veg rice, spicy prawn pasta, carbonara and lasagne.

Always looking to broaden my horizons though I get bored easily! So any meal ideas for EE are very welcome!

Seriously though, it is a worry about the skin, and I had people telling me when I was 24, "do some belly exercises and that will pull the skin in." Thing is, where 1st baby was so big I think my skin stretched past the point of elasticity so when I am skinny I have a proper ruched-curtain belly :eek: poor hubby we have only been together for 7 years but he has never seen me skinny so it might gross him out :( still, now I have spawned his genes for him he can hardly complain when he has contributed to the problem eh :D I have a freind who is a beauty therapist and she says "dont say to your husband "dont look at my belly" cos then he will look!" If you dont mention it, he probably wont notice he'll be too busy looking elsewhere;)" And Im like "yeah he'll be looking down where my knees are to find my boobs:rolleyes:"

But there are more important things at stake like heart health and avoiding diabetes and kidney disease, and taking the strain off my joints and being supple and full of energy so I will have to focus on those things. Anyway, he doesnt seem to be grossed out by me being overweight with a big wobbly belly so I guess a skinny floppy belly cant be much worse :D at least I'll look better in my cossie on the beach.

x

Hello, well done on your efforts :) i 2 am worrying about my tummy! ive not long had another baby and dont want a droopy skinny tummy.. eekks

Hey peeps!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend?

wow it looks like its not just me worrying about my tummy then...spose that makes sense there are lots of mums on here wanting to lose weight, and they are managing to do it so we can too! Well the way I see it my belly is fat and gross, or it can be skinny and gross, I know which Id prefer! :D Besides, fat/thin is within my control. Breaking to the laws of physics (elasticity) is not! ;)

Well I had a lovely weekend but in terms of slimming not quite so good I went over on my syns :eek: not by too much, but maybe I will have a maintain this week :sigh:

Saturday we had
B ~ SW syn free pancakes with vanilla fromage frais and blueberries (I prefer to call it sweet souffle omlette, you know what you are getting then)
L ~ Tesco cafe jacket with beans no butter, and cheese on the side, and a side salad which I paid for but it was only a garnish really HEXA
D ~ Nandos chicken leg, spicy rice, corn on the cobb 6.5 syns :D If youre gonna eat out nandos is low in syns
2 x pimms and diet lemonade with strawberries mint and cucumber in nom nom nommm 9 syns
1 asda light yogurt 1.5 syns
1 mini crunchie 4
milk for tea

so 21 syns, only 2 HEXA cos I didnt have room after all that will have to plan better. The problem was we went up the town to go to one shop but they didnt have fromage frais so we went to tesco, then to get printer ink then we popped into halfords etc...it ended up a day of errands so too tired to cook. Must plan better

Then yesterday
B ~ sw eggs benedict :grumble: loadsa washing up, took ages and was not worth all the effort plus it tasted wrong 1 jam on nimble HEXB 1 syn
L ~ sw falafels with homemade coleslaw and golden veg rice :) lovely and filling. my own cheesecake 4 syns
D ~ roast chicken, sw roasties, marrow, cabbage, carrots, gravy 1 1/2 syns. more cheesecake 4 syns
2 amaretti biscuits 2 syns

so 2 HEXs, 12 1/2 syns

for my body magic, Ive not really got a sweat on this weekend but Ive not been sitting on my bum either so...meh. Will do today :)

I think I will amend my 4 syn cheesecake and make it into one syn trifle yummm x

Hiya peeps!

I hope everybody is well and losing well too? :)
Finally found some flying saucers in sainsburys 4 = 1 syn hurrah!

Ive been super busy this week, went for WI yesterday lost 1 1/2lb yay! Not bad considering what Ive eaten! Really must try and post every day and make it a habit

Monday:
B ~Fried eggs on toast HEXA
L ~Baked potato with cottage cheese, sweetcorn and chicken, with a side of beetroot cucumber tomato FREE
D ~ chicken chasseur (mushrooms onions sweet potato butternut squash, passata) and potatoes FREE
P ~ stewed rhubarb and onken vanilla yoghurt 1 1/2 syns

Snacks
yoghurt 1 1/2
freddo 5
jam on nimble 4

total syns 11

tuesday:
B ~Eggs bacon beans mushrooms tomatoes
L ~Mugshotz, cheese sarnie, grapes, banana HEXA & B
D ~Rainbow trout, baby red potatoes with skins on, mixed pea salad (adamame, peas, sugarsnaps)

Snacks:
Diet lemonade
yoghurt 1 1/2
2 x mini curly wurlies 7
2 x amaretti biscuits 2
jam on toast 4 1/2

total syns 15

Wednesday:
B ~2 weetabix and milk HEXA & B
L ~ Baked potato & beans FREE
D ~ Baked cod with fresh tarragon & lemon & roasted courhettes leek, shallots, butternut squash nom nom nommm FREE

snacks:
2 x mini chomps 7
1 x cheese thin 1
1 x mini pack jelly babies 4
1 x mini crunchie 4

total syns 16

And that gave a weight loss of 1 1/2lb, eating like kings!:clap:

yesterday I blew it I guessed wrong for cheese :(
B ~eggs beans mushrooms tomatoes FREE
L ~packet rice with soft goats cheese ( i thought was HEX but was 10 syns!:eek:)salad of rocket cucumber lettuce spring onions red yellow pepper sweetcorn cherry tomatoes
D ~turkey curry & rice (carrots onion lentils mango garlic passata spices)
P ~Mango yoghurt blueberries grapes 2 syns

Snacks
2 x rich tea fingers 2
mini chomp 3
mini curly wurly 3 1/2
pimms & lemonade 4 1/2
tea (milk) 2
1 1/2 oz cheddar + 1 1/2 HEXA, on 2 x nimble and marmite 1 HEXB

Total syns 26 :(
Will have to be super good today and only have 5 syns.

group was really good this week, apparently there is a page called dietmama on fb that is good. Also there is a slimming world app for looking things up as you shop yay! x

So much for being good :( I was good with body magic but I went off plan and ate about half a bag of maltesers, not good! Other than my one little escapade it was quite a good day so clean slate today.

Yesterday I had:
B ~Eggs and beans 1 nimble 1/2 HEXB
L ~leftover turkey curry on baked potato, grapes + mango yoghurt 2 syns
D ~Chicken leg no skin, broccoli carrots mash with fromage frais

Snacks:
Choco philly 3 breadsticks 7syns
Mini twisted 2 syns
8 flying saucers 2 syns
40g maltesers 13 syns
1oz cheese on 2 toast with marmite 1HEXA 1HEXB
tea milk 1/2 HEXA

Total 3 hexS 26 syns :cry:

Im gonna have to be good all week now only 5-10 syns a day and lots of moving about eh!

x

Hiya

Went a bit wrong this weekend, hubby (who is doing sw from home while I go to group) didnt want a birthday tea this weekend only invited his family for cuppa tea and slice of birthday cake. We invited them for 3pm thinking they would go home by teatime, well they didnt leave till about 7 by which time we were half starved and got a curry so I went waaaay over on my syns:break_diet:

Sat:
brunch (midday) sausage egg mushrooms beans tomatoes, 1 light cheese slice 1 toast 1/2 HEXB, 4 1/2 syns
cake (12 1/2 syns)
curry (20-60 syns? no idea)

total 1 hex, 70 syns?

Sun:
sw pancakes (sweet souffle omlette) vanilla fromage frais blueberries grapes bananas free
baked potato cucumber spring onion tomatoes red pepper free
risotto with roasted veg (leek marrow courgette onion carrot sweet potato red pepper) free

snacks:
cheese on toast hexa, hexb
3 bickies 3 syns
twister mini ice lolly 2 syns
milk for tea

total 3 hexs, 5 syns

mon:
souffle sweet omlette, fruit, fromage frais free
mugshotz
spicy sausage supper 2 1/2 syns

snacks:
milk for tea hexa
twister ice lolly 2 syns
10 flying saucers 2 1/2syns

total:
1 hexa milkfor tea, 7 syns

tues:

milk, weetabix hexa hexb
baked potato ravioli spring onion, tomatoes, banana
nando sauce chicken, sw chips, broccoli carrots,
grapes cherries with chocolate tofu yummm 1 syn

snacks:
2 rich tea fingers 2
yoghurt 1 1/2
nimble and jam 3 1/2
mini crunchie 4

total 12 syns, 3 hexs

I recon tomo at weigh in I will have had a gain, gutted! :wave_cry:

Lost 2lb! woo hoo!:banana dancer:

I was expecting a gain! Must be all the body magic. Im not WI at group today cos baby is poorly gotta take him to doc but my scales are electronic body fat monitor scales they are pretty accurate :D

Yes I know I was lucky and no I will not be doing that again lol
don't wanna tempt fate

Yesterday I had:

Sausage egg mushrooms tomatoes beans 2 1/2 syns
Baked potato cottage cheese, 1oz cheddar, spring onions sweetcorn beetroot lettuce tomatoes cucumber
pasta in a lentil tomato sauce with roasted medeterranean veg
choco tofu and cherries

snacks:
6 x 1syn bickies 6syns
2 x 3 syn chockies 6 syns

14 1/2 syns

Today Im reeeeeealy gonna try and keep it under 10 syns I have a week of meals planned so no falling off the wagon or getting distracted this week yay!

Well done !! :) you pulled it back :) :)!! yay x

Thanks Tink! Wow I cant believe Ive been absent for 5 days! Flippin laptop keeps switching off half way thru posting so gotta get a new ome soon as I can afford it

I have been good Im not gonna put 5 days down or laptop will die again lol

Yesterday I had:

B ~ bacon beans mushrooms tomatoes toast sausage 1/2 hexb, 1/2 syn
L ~ 2 eggs on 1 toast 1 hexb
D ~ Soya spag bol
1 mugshotz
chocolate tofu 1 syn
breadsticks and choco philly 9 syns
mini crunchie 4 syns
milk for tea 1 hexa

14 1/2 syns and 3 hexs

fingers crossed for tomorrows weigh in and I will be on tomo to fill in my diary for sure :D

Hiya girls

Had a bit of a wobble but Im back on plan now, the thing is to not give up eh? I weighed myself from home a few weeks back and the scales were different (or it might be where I weighed neked :eek: he he he. Anyway this week it says I lost a pound at sw but on here it looks like I put 1/2lb on but this is not the case

Anyhoo, yesterday I had a red day

I ate:
2 be good sausages (1syn) 2 bacon 1 egg mushrooms tomatoes
chicken drumsticks with roasted carrots butternut squash red onions, salad and fritatta 2oz cheese (2xA)
minced beef and tatties (plumped the beef up with carrots onions celery and butternut squash, and the tatties 200g (B) boiled news in skins) and broccoli

Snacks
cheese 2 nimble (A,B)
mini crunchie 4

5 hex's and 5 syns not a bad day :D

Hiya Ladies (and any guys reading)

How y'all doing? Hope the diet is going well?

Im losing a pound a week, considering Im breastfeeding this is not too bad but I would prefer 2lb a week so I am upping the ante. Less syns

Yesterday I had:

Omlette and baked beans, tea
a weird buffet at SW WI lovely scan bran cake, meringue, chocolate mousse, cajun chicken and couscous 4 syns
mixed rice, salad
risotto and roast med veg with 1/2hexa cheese and 1/4 hexb olive oil

snacks
spicy cupshotz
mini crunchie 4syns
apple banana kiwi
3 teas

so 1 x A, 1/4 x B and didnt have room for anymore so didnt bother. Really it could have been a green day I only had a bite of chicken so not even 1 syn. Oh well cant eat if Im full its not like I was starving. 7 syns

for body magic I did 1/2 hour vigorous hoovering got out of breath the kids said I was like the old lady in theres something about mary, hoovering under the sofa lol

x

Back