Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Good. Am looking forward to the day that you both reach the 3.5 stickie :)

Gail x

Thanks Jane,

I am having a brilliant day today. Am sooooo motivated to get into my size 16 trousers. Considering that I only bought them a few days ago, today I tried them on again and could pretty much wear the work ones to work already. The jeans probably have a couple of pounds to go because they are a bit tight on the legs still but not long. I am going to visit some friends soon who haven't seen me since August (or before) when I started this. One of them knows what I'm doing but she would have noticed anyway. I haven't said anything to the other so it will be interesting to see if he notices (or says anything !).

I was at the shops (again !) today and would really love to try on some stuff in the 'normal' shops but I'm not sure I'm quite there yet and don't want to be disappointed if I can't fit into anything so I didn't (and some of the shops I was looking at were quite expensive and I don't want to spend lots of money on things that I might (hopefully !) only get 2-4 months wear out of) but I can't wait !

Thanks for reading.

Gail x

Well done on the new shiny Gail! :happy096:

I'm the opposite with chocolate - if it's in the house I know it will call to me from whatever cupboard I've 'hidden' it in! If I haven't got any, I'll make do with an apple instead!

I'm with you on the clothes front - I find it very difficult to wear anything you can see my lumps and bumps in, even though I know it actually looks better! One day...

hi gail well done great loss :happy096: ..........:superwoman:i have to agree about the big clothes i was wearing a size 18 jeans but they were too big and my daughter said they made me look fat so i put on some 16's and they looked good (were a big size 16's can't usually get in to them) i think i'm size 17 at the moment hate it when ur between sizes. i have had another 100% day today hopefully i can keep this up :eek: i'm glad u've had a good day today xx

Clothes - one of the things I learnt from the first time I lost weight (4 stone about 10 yrs ago now) was that in order to look good, you have to start wearing stuff that actually fits you. I have a tendency to wear big, baggy stuff. But it doesn't do your figure (regardless of what that is) any good. However I know that some of the shirts I am wearing now (that feel 'right') first fit me 1 and a half stones ago so I still feel that way and probably always will. Even though I'm still significantly overweight, I know that I look better in more fitted clothes so I will keep trying to buy and wear some fitted stuff. Doesn't mean that I will ever completely throw away my big baggy jumpers though !!!

I think you are TOTALLY right! A nice fitted outfit makes such a difference, even if you feel self conscious! Usually it's when I see photos of you in the clothes after that you realise if something looks good or not.

When you look in the mirror it's harder to tell than when you see photos of yourself, at different angles, with other people in the photo! I'm not a fan of photos that have appeared of me on Facebook of my new years eve dress! It was quite a baggy one and a bit too shapeless!

Congratulations on all your clothing triumphs Gail :D

Well done Gail!! Getting different size clothes makes you feel great. Before I started WW I was wearing size 20 jeans, in a 16 now. Can't wait to get into a 14! I have some dresses that are 14 but they're from new look which are generous on sizes I think. Woohoo to smaller jeans!! :)

LOL ! :D

oh there u r ,i've been babysitting my grandaughter its my sons birthday and he gave me half of his b/day cake was very pleased with myself didn't touch it bought it home now my o/h and daughter r eating it yay yay yay another 100% day x

Val, I am SOOOO pleased for you. Well done. Hopefully after a couple of days back on plan you'll feel a bit more secure and less likely to drop off.

Fantastic !

Gail x

soon ur be getting sore knees bowing down to me cause i've lost so much weight ha ha
:worthy:

I'm looking forward to the day Val - I will get my knee pads/gym mat out !

I am feeling on top of the world at the moment. I feel really committed to this plan and (very cautiously and nervously :eek:) optimistic that not only will this plan take me to a lower weight than ever in my adult life before (lowest ever adult weight around 12 stone) but that this may be something I can stick to long term. I love the fact that I do this for me and although the weigh in prompt on body optimise is SOOO helpful for me, the choices I make during the week, I make because it's what I want !

Yippppeeee !

Gail x

I hope you don't mind me posting but reading your thread struck a chord with me as I could relate to some of the things you said
I turned down an invite to an old friends 40th do as I was too overweight and knew she would be slim and lovely as ever so I lied and said we were away at the time
Nowshe has moved back into the area and would like me to visit but so far I have put it off for the same reasons
I am determined to join a group next week so I will let you know xx

Hi Queenie,

Read away. I think my diary is
1. Partly to keep me motivated if/when I'm feeling a bit down. To try and help me remember why I'm doing this and how good I feel about it (most of the time) and
2. If it helps others, then that's great. I was inspired to do this by some friends of mine and then spurred on by reading people's stories here. They helped me, so if I can do the same, that's great.

I have hated for years going to large family do's/school/university reunions where I would see people that haven't seen me for ages. I knew that they'd be thinking 'oh, hasn't she put on weight' and I just wanted to fade into the background and not be there (I'm even quite teary just writing this :cry: which has surprised me !). I felt that my family were ashamed and embarrassed of me which made me feel the same way about myself (and maybe they weren't but I still felt like they were). Then these things are just a vicious cycle. Now, I still worry a bit but in some ways am looking forward to the next big 'family' do so I can just be me without worrying about what people think about how I look. Anyhow, I think this has been a useful reply for me (even though it's made me cry !!) because these things help to keep me going and realise why I'm doing this !

Big hugs.

Gail x

I turned down an invite to an old friends 40th do as I was too overweight and knew she would be slim and lovely as ever so I lied and said we were away at the time [/QUOTE said:
hi gail and queenie1
oh god can really relate to this i would be a rich women if i had a pound for every function / school reunions i have missed because i was too fat and felt too subconscious, i went to my daughters wedding in malta last year so i couldn't wear my normal black :eek: it was a lovely wedding but i just sat at the table wiggling away to the music dying to get up to dance but couldn't because of my size, i really don't want to have another year of feeling like this :( i lost weight a few years ago and was 10st 7lbs (bit too light for me) but i felt great i went to a birthday party and got up on the floor to dance i was the only one on there but i didn't care i had soooo much confidence i want that feeling back and only i can do it and with the help from my "friends" on here feel this time I WILL BE SUCCESSFULL :banana dancer: sorry gail i've taken ur thread over lol xx

Back