Getting into the 8's!

parfittaroles said:
Thank you :) you'll get there soon too :) Honestly, I thought I'd never get there and it took aaaages lol

Hi just been reading threads I have managed to get in the 8's but ova Xmas put few pounds on which took me back to 9 I'm finding it really hard to get back down. I'm a cook so around food all day, I do exercise 6 days a week never eaten my 49 weeklies as I gain if I do it's an ongoing struggle

I'm the exact same! Took so long to get down into the 8s then I completely ruined it over Christmas, so annoyed at myself! I eat all my weeklies, wouldn't be able to do the diet otherwise, I can't give up my nights out at the weekends haha

Crikey! It's tough when you have less to lose isn't it

Yep. And I worked out today using basal metabolic rates that I have to have just 26 a day now without any weeklies to even lose a lb. I guess that's why I've plateaued. :(

LittleMissThin 17 said:
Yep. And I worked out today using basal metabolic rates that I have to have just 26 a day now without any weeklies to even lose a lb. I guess that's why I've plateaued. :(

If you don't mind me asking how did you work it out ? I went on it and worked out my bmr and the calories I should be eating but I don't calorie count jus pp ?!

If you don't mind me asking how did you work it out ? I went on it and worked out my bmr and the calories I should be eating but I don't calorie count jus pp ?!

Approx. 40 calories is 1pp so I worked out my bmr in pp for maintaining. I multiplied by 7 to give me a weeks worth, minused the calories for 1 lb loss, 1.5 lb loss and also 2 lb loss to give a new calorie total and then divided by 40 and rounded accordingly to give me pp.

Just calculated mine, if I want a lb a week I can have 29 per day and no weeklies, with weeklies I am looking at half a lb per week, no way I can give up the weeklies so half a lb it is I guess!! haha

You're a bit luckier than me then :)

LittleMissThin 17 said:
Approx. 40 calories is 1pp so I worked out my bmr in pp for maintaining. I multiplied by 7 to give me a weeks worth, minused the calories for 1 lb loss, 1.5 lb loss and also 2 lb loss to give a new calorie total and then divided by 40 and rounded accordingly to give me pp.

Right I'm really sorry but I'm being a thicko can't seem to work it out I'm 5"3 weigh 9 exercise 5days a week could you please help me work mine out ?! ;0)

Right I'm really sorry but I'm being a thicko can't seem to work it out I'm 5"3 weigh 9 exercise 5days a week could you please help me work mine out ?! ;0)

Sure- I need your age :)

I'm 36 thank you !!! Not sure a bag of peanut m&ms is good at 14pp but it was needed lol x

Mmm I love m&ms! Okay, I make it 1330 * 1.55 (this was the activity level for 5 days a week) = 2061.5 kcals to maintain or apparently 51.5pp to maintain- 51 or 52 which way you look at it.

2061.5 * 7 = 14430.5 kcals a week (taken to maintain)
14430.5 - 3500 (calories for 1 lb loss) = 10930.5
10930.5 / 7 = 1561.5 kcals or 39pp a day (includes weeklies on top of dailies)

I'm not too sure how accurate it'll be - this is my first week of trying it so I guess I'll see how successful it is. It seems accurate enough to me if people calorie counting can use bmr to work out their loss, why can't we convert that to propoints? Hoping it'll work or I'm just going to look like a huge tool now lol.

LittleMissThin 17 said:
Mmm I love m&ms! Okay, I make it 1330 * 1.55 (this was the activity level for 5 days a week) = 2061.5 kcals to maintain or apparently 51.5pp to maintain- 51 or 52 which way you look at it.

2061.5 * 7 = 14430.5 kcals a week (taken to maintain)
14430.5 - 3500 (calories for 1 lb loss) = 10930.5
10930.5 / 7 = 1561.5 kcals or 39pp a day (includes weeklies on top of dailies)

I'm not too sure how accurate it'll be - this is my first week of trying it so I guess I'll see how successful it is. It seems accurate enough to me if people calorie counting can use bmr to work out their loss, why can't we convert that to propoints? Hoping it'll work or I'm just going to look like a huge tool now lol.

Thank you so much for working that out for me much appreciated !!! That's a lot of points I only jus eat my 26 never eat my weeklies or activity points I would defiantly gain if I did :0( when I first started ww 2 yrs ago I didn't eat all my points BIG MISTAKE I advise anyone who has joined that I kno to eat every point available or ur body has no where to go !! Thank you again x

Thank you so much for working that out for me much appreciated !!! That's a lot of points I only jus eat my 26 never eat my weeklies or activity points I would defiantly gain if I did :0( when I first started ww 2 yrs ago I didn't eat all my points BIG MISTAKE I advise anyone who has joined that I kno to eat every point available or ur body has no where to go !! Thank you again x

You're welcome, I just hope you do lose now with so many :) I'll report back Wednesday night after WI with my own experience of it all- fingers crossed it works! x

Had a very bad day yesterday, stupid hangover munchies :( not hungry at all today though so very little points used, hope it makes up for it a bit!!

Hey can I join I am 9.8 my goal is 9stone but I would like to be just under so I can Hoover a little but my losses have slowed so much can't see getting to 9 any time soon ha ha

Yeah, welcome! I know what you mean about the weight loss slowing down, mine is at an absolute standstill since Christmas! I'm similar to you, my goal is around 8 but would like to see the 7 aswell as to give myself a bit of room to gain a few lbs haha

8stoneplease said:
Yeah, welcome! I know what you mean about the weight loss slowing down, mine is at an absolute standstill since Christmas! I'm similar to you, my goal is around 8 but would like to see the 7 aswell as to give myself a bit of room to gain a few lbs haha

Blimey I couldn't even imagine myself in the 7s I don't want to go to far just want this guy to go and have a bit o space for gains without the guilt lol

I would like to join too! I would like to get to 8st 7lbs but seem to be stuck at 9st4lbs so have to try to be really good for the foreseeable future!

LittleMissThin 17 said:
You're welcome, I just hope you do lose now with so many :) I'll report back Wednesday night after WI with my own experience of it all- fingers crossed it works! x

Well so far this week I'm sticking to ww pp and im doing ok but it's the weekends I struggle !! I have also been completing the calorie counting too I eat no more than 1800 a day average out at 1700 I guess that's with 5/6 days of hard exercise for 1hr at a time !! The scales are being kind so far and I'm back in the 8s JUST but like I said its the weekends I just seem to say no to bread sweets and chocolate ?

Back