Goodbye tubby 2012, hello slimmer summer 2013

I am in! I am joining on Monday...Again!

I have 8 stone to lose but I know from previous attempts that I can loose that within a year.

I have the shred DVD by Gillian Michaels ( she's one of the fitness trainers from USA Biggest Loser)

It's 3 x 20 minute workouts that are different levels of intensity so you start at level 1 and work your way towards level 3, it's aimed at fat burning and it's strength, cardio and stomach based, I love it as its quick and simple to bob in the DVD player when I don't have chance or time to go to the gym. You can also feel it the day after when you first start too :)

Bought mine from Amazon and was dirt cheap! Xxxx

I have the shred DVD by Gillian Michaels ( she's one of the fitness trainers from USA Biggest Loser)

It's 3 x 20 minute workouts that are different levels of intensity so you start at level 1 and work your way towards level 3, it's aimed at fat burning and it's strength, cardio and stomach based, I love it as its quick and simple to bob in the DVD player when I don't have chance or time to go to the gym. You can also feel it the day after when you first start too :)

Bought mine from Amazon and was dirt cheap! Xxxx

I had that and ended up with shin splints... Them blooming jumping jacks have a lot to answer for.. ? X

I don't know where to start with fitness DVDs! I rarely exercise apart from walking, and although it was 7 months ago, since I had a c section I have hardly any strength in my stomach muscles, just can't manage sit ups etc at all! Does anyone know of any good ones that are easy enough for someone like me? The trouble is if it's too hard ill just give up and not bother lol x

I don't know where to start with fitness DVDs! I rarely exercise apart from walking, and although it was 7 months ago, since I had a c section I have hardly any strength in my stomach muscles, just can't manage sit ups etc at all! Does anyone know of any good ones that are easy enough for someone like me? The trouble is if it's too hard ill just give up and not bother lol x

I need that too. Had a total abdominal hysterectomy in October so still have a sore belly xx

Mrs s, shred would def be the way forward for you as despite having weak abs from a section they will have repaired enough for you to have a go at this. Becca, this would NOT be the one for you. Do you have a referral system from gps in England like we do? Pilates is expensive but would be a good start for you. Shred is an excellent system for when you get the all clear. As a seasoned although lapsed exerciser this one takes no prisoners and you can SEE results after 10/14 days

I am struggling t o get going as well. I have promised myself that I will go to the gym tomorrow first thing which I hope will encourage me to eat well all day. Having said that, I think I will need to take one of my cats to the vets tomorrow which can send me off track.

juliet

I was going to go to the gym in the morning but mine is only opening at 10 tomorrow and I need to collect my daughter from her dads then going out with family however I have chosen a new meeting to go to. I only ever had one leader that I liked & she was in Preston town centre & now she has stopped taking the group so still looking! Xxx

I'm scared to buy the shred though lol! Everyone makes it out to be impossible! I've never known anybody finish it lol! might have a look on amazon when iv been paid, suppose of I find it hard I can always find something else and go back to it at a later stage!
Been pretty good today, will just see what I do tonight when we're watching films but I still have 7pp left so I can have a treat with that!

Shred is a fiver on Amazon, hon. It takes just on 23 mins and is fantastic, I loved it but have lower back arthritis so need a trampette or pick an alternative to some of the cardio but like i said it really is the dogs danglies!! Any dvd from Jillian Michaels is going to do the job though. She is the real deal when it comes to getting the job done. Becca you could make a start with doing stomach clenching (like Kegels just different body part lol) , you could really get some tone back with these.

My gym is open at 8am so I haven't really got an excuse.

i have tried so many groups in Preston - whereabouts are you? Sheila Jones is a very good leader (I have been going to her group at Galloway hall).

Galloway hall is in Brackenbury road which is off Blackpool road near Garstang rd. Sheila also does meetings in Penwortham on weds in the morning and in the evening. if you like meetings then she is great, I just don't like meetings and have my best weight loss at home.

I'm scared to buy the shred though lol! Everyone makes it out to be impossible! I've never known anybody finish it lol! might have a look on amazon when iv been paid, suppose of I find it hard I can always find something else and go back to it at a later stage!
Been pretty good today, will just see what I do tonight when we're watching films but I still have 7pp left so I can have a treat with that!

Honestly it's not that difficult, I'm not saying its easy....you will sweat and no doubt be sore for a few days but that's the whole point :) its good as a starting point and you can progress at your own pace from Level 1 up to Level 3 Xxx

Hi everyone, can I join. I'm 38 and need to lose 8 stone. I have never been this big and it is taking a toil on my body with aching joints.

In starting back at class on Monday, really looking forward to getting back on track as I'm sick of eating rubbish.

Back