gym makes it worse??

I gain too and it's disheartening but you know what I went down a dress size with 4.5lb loss compared to 14-16 lbs without exercise!!!

Im finding that the body sizes shape up better with the exercise. The diet loses me the weight and the exercises makes the clothes fit better.

Ah this thread has put my mind at rest! My losses over the last month have practically stopped/slowed right down, and it's only since I started doing exercise. I've only really lost about 4lb in the last month, and I am SO disheartened. I'm only at the beginning of my weight loss journey so this is just crap!

Saying that, I FEEL a lot slimmer and I feel like my shape is changing with the exercise.

Weight loss is confusing.

Ah this thread has put my mind at rest! My losses over the last month have practically stopped/slowed right down, and it's only since I started doing exercise. I've only really lost about 4lb in the last month, and I am SO disheartened. I'm only at the beginning of my weight loss journey so this is just crap!

Saying that, I FEEL a lot slimmer and I feel like my shape is changing with the exercise.

Weight loss is confusing.

yes it is! lol. I did feel fitter, better an more of a 'shape' with exercise but it make me feel bad looking at the scales go up not down!

yes it is! lol. I did feel fitter, better an more of a 'shape' with exercise but it make me feel bad looking at the scales go up not down!

I know what you mean. You start thinking "God, I think I'll just have a dominos if i'm going to gain anyway!"

..No?
Just me?

Whoops!:p

I found when I started the c25k it took 4 weeks before I lost as well, have restarted it again and only lost half a lb last week and this week had a gain I was of plan over the weekend but felt it was a harsher gain than would usually have been.
I think the exercise is worth it but once you start you need to keep it up so it needs to be sustainable :character00115:

I would suggest as a previous poster has measuring yourself, I done diet with nutrionist years ago and she weighed and measured me, it was very strict and I followed it to the letter to find I only lost 2lbs, I was so disappointed but she told me to check my measurements and thats where the real loss was. Even now since I started s/w I had lost 19lbs but then with hols and other distractions I've put on 7lbs of that - but my measurements are still down from when I started, the 7lb gain didnt take from that.

I know what you mean. You start thinking "God, I think I'll just have a dominos if i'm going to gain anyway!"

..No?
Just me?

Whoops!:p

lol i feel that way but dont! :)

I would suggest as a previous poster has measuring yourself, I done diet with nutrionist years ago and she weighed and measured me, it was very strict and I followed it to the letter to find I only lost 2lbs, I was so disappointed but she told me to check my measurements and thats where the real loss was. Even now since I started s/w I had lost 19lbs but then with hols and other distractions I've put on 7lbs of that - but my measurements are still down from when I started, the 7lb gain didnt take from that.

yeah i will do that this time!! then i wont feel as bad when i see the measurements going down x

Back