Hazel's rough food diary

Here we go!

Monday 11th July

Brekkie - Weetabix minis (heb) with milk (1/2 hea)

Lunch - noodles

Tea - Thai Chicken curry with boiled rice

Chicken (HEB) KARA milk (1/2 HEA) Green paste (1)

I'll let you know how it tastes. Just had a wee sip of the KARA milk and it is quite nice - very light like skimmed but coconutty but not too strong. I am soooo hoping it will work.

Well.... it was in my local Tesco near the UHT section... but I also emailed the Kara company about where they stock it in my area and the got in touch with a local health food shop who have decided to sell it.... and...... they sent me some money off vouchers!!! Worth emailing them to ask.

Verdict is out!!!!!!

The Kara milk curry is TOP NOTCH!!! A little on the watery side but tastes great. I might be tempted to add a little cornflour into it next time but enjoyed it none the less.

Thai green chicken curry made with Kara milk:

2587923810047002319S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well.... it was in my local Tesco near the UHT section... but I also emailed the Kara company about where they stock it in my area and the got in touch with a local health food shop who have decided to sell it.... and...... they sent me some money off vouchers!!! Worth emailing them to ask.

Verdict is out!!!!!!

The Kara milk curry is TOP NOTCH!!! A little on the watery side but tastes great. I might be tempted to add a little cornflour into it next time but enjoyed it none the less.

Thankyou, I just emailed them! Hope I get some money off vouchers too! :p

It would be a lot of syns to use normal coconut milk which is why they only use a few spoons of coconut milk in older recipes. Canned coconut milk 2 level tbsp is 2.5 syns so I can't imagine what a full tin or half a tin would be. Xx

Recipe I just made it up. Steamed veg then browner chicken in 3 tbsp of green paste then chucked in 400ml of Kara milk and let it cook up for 10-15 mins. I used green beans, peppers and mushrooms for the veg. I did put a little bit of quark in at the end to see if that thickened it up any. It did a tiny bit maybe but think I would syn some cornflour next time. X

gonnabesmall said:
i got a tin of coconut mik and its only 9 syns for the whole can so not too bad when spit between 4.i got it in asda. rajah coconut milk.

whats the email adress of the kala one?i googled it and absoultey nothing came up :(

If you search Kara Coconut Milk it should come up :)

Ooops did I say Kala? Oh I don't know whether I am coming or going these days. 9 syns for a can of coconut milk isnt bad at all and will taste much better I am sure.

I am not very hungry today. Had a big row with hubby. Last night I ended up eating a tesco choc miniroll and a packet of hoola hoops. Syns? I'm not going ot make it into a big deal as I havent had syns for ages and am totally off my food today but just goes to show it doesn't take much for me to sabotage things. xx

Ooops did I say Kala? Oh I don't know whether I am coming or going these days. 9 syns for a can of coconut milk isnt bad at all and will taste much better I am sure.

I am not very hungry today. Had a big row with hubby. Last night I ended up eating a tesco choc miniroll and a packet of hoola hoops. Syns? I'm not going ot make it into a big deal as I havent had syns for ages and am totally off my food today but just goes to show it doesn't take much for me to sabotage things. xx

aaww,honey,sorry to hear about your and hubbys row,must have been somthing in the air last night,my old man was acting like a right ****..boody men,what planet do they come from,kinda puts you in a mood alday dosent it...:cry:

dont worry about sabotaging your diet,i would of done much worse xx

Aww :(

Fighting sucks. Me and OH haven't in ages, so there must be a big one brewing soon! I agree, men are from a different planet, and on a different wavelength! Hope you have both cleared the air though.

And as for your blow out - no offence, but that was crap :D I really wouldn't worry about it, judging by how many syns you usually have, you can 'afford' it. We all do it, just draw a line and try and forget about it. You've had great losses so far, onwards and downwards :) x

Lucyloo - don't worry about your little slip - I demolished half a tube of pringles last night and don't even have a bloke to blame :eek: Back in the saddle today, that's what matters :D

I really want some of that Kara milk. Waitrose has it on their webby, but our local doesn't stock it. Will try H&B.

Back