Hazel's rough food diary

Sunday 20th Jan EE

Breakfast - banana and nat yoghurt

Lunch - 3 Ryvita black pepper (HEB) with 70g of Philly(HEB) carrot sticks, ham and cherry toms

Tea - Roast chicken dinner, pots and veg. Yorkshire pud (3) gravy (1) Chocolate mousse (4) 8 syns in total

Okay so having a good week so far and just remembered the gorgeous Tiramisu recipe I used to make a lot of. Going to definitely do that this week and poss make it on Thursday night when i have the girlies over for stitching and chatter.

Tomorrow night I'm going to do the Philli steak thing but really want to try this cheese pie thing out too but I know hubby will def not eat that so I'll need to do that when he isn't around.

Now need to plan the rest of the week.....

Okay, just been looking at Pete's recipes in the recipe thread. So going to make:

Leek and potato soup
Tomato soup
Mushroom soup (all these soups will be great to take to work)
Macaroni cheese (need to buy a coleman's 4 cheese sauce mix which makes it 2.5 syns each)

Also definitely going to try one of the cheese pie recipes on here. I'll keep adding to the list as I find things to try.

Chicken pizza - where you halve the breast and flatten then grill both sides and top with pizza topping and cheese etc and then grill. Have with chips or cous cous. Just kind of made this idea up although I know it is out there somewhere.

Do some curries - Pete's Butternut squash curry looks good.

Last edited:
Monday 21st EE

Breakfast - banana and hifi bar (HEB)

Lunch - cous cous and tuna with chopped onion, cucumber, toms

Tea - Philly Steak pasta bake (HEA for Philly)

Syns - hartleys ff jelly (1/2)

Last edited:
Friday 25th Jan Green

Breakfast - hifi bar (HEB)

Lunch - tikka mugshot (not sure of syns will check later)

Tea - smash pizza (2HEA for cheese)

Syns 2 for sweets

Not having many syns as supposed to be going to a Nepalese restaurant tomorrow night with hubby so saving myself up for that!

Nepalese was verrrry nice. I had tandoori grill and boiled rice and sag chicken. I had these little pastry things like wonton for starters so don't know how much they were. I also had a Malibu. No pudding though so that's good. Not sure of the syns but reckon I'll be okay.

So... Today...

Sunday 27th EE

Breakfast - ham omlette (milk 1)

Lunch - McDonalds grilled chicken salad with low fat balsamic - (3) Isn't that cool - only 3 syns for something from McDs!!! Hifi bar (HEB)

Tea - Chicken pizza (HEA for cheese) with savoury rice, veg, pickles and creamy onion dip - free. Sooo nice. Ill try and get a pic up.
IMG_1276[1].JPG

Meals for next week.

Smash pizza.
Chicken pizza - i might try with turkey escalopes as they are thin and bigger
Macaroni and cauliflower cheese (2 syns for cheese sauce for 4 of us)
maybe a lamb tagine

what else? what else?

Back