Heaving myself back on the wagon!

I do feel in a much better place this time round.

As of December 27th you can self certify which means you have 601 calories a day rather than the 550 but everyone will be moving onto that anyway as guidelines have changed. Your councillor probably told you all this anyway lol.

Makes it so much easier as my doctor wouldn't sign me on and getting blood pressure done last time was such a pain!

X

You can self-certify? It's been a long time since I did LLT - to be honest I'd just been telling my LLC I was doing Lite and doing LLT instead with salad which she allowed - as I do agree, doctors are a pain to have to always go to every month etc...
Well done on the cutting down of carbs, it helps with the hunger, even if you are very lucky with the absence of withdrawal symptoms! :)

You know.. if anything, LL did highlight the listening to my body thing... Like you, I didn't pig out over Christmas period as well, just had an average portion of stuff. I was rather disgusted at the amount that everyone else ate though.. How is it humanly possible! :)

Yeah from December 27th you can self certify. The differences in this is that you have 601 calories rather than 550 as 601 is the minimum amount of calories before needing medical supervision. This means no monthly blood pressure checks, woop! You do have to complete a wellness profile every 28 days with your councillor which basically is a chat about how you're getting on, how you're feeling etc and checking you're not going a bit loopy.

X

Ahhhhh 3 days to go! Time needs to hurry up, I just want to get going now. I'm holding on to my enthusiasm with all my might! I've had a look at my before and after pictures from last time round and also chosen my goal dress.

My birthday is at the end of August and I am going with a group of friends to London to see Rock of Ages at the theater and spend the night in a hotel. I have said that everyone has to glam it up 50's style. I have always longed to be able to wear a dress like this (will post a pic at the end of this post) and by my estimations, I should have lost all my weight by then and be on RTM so I shall look fabulous!

This is the beautiful dress:
attachment.php

Today has been interesting. I've been home all day doing uni work. My OH was in 'til about 3, then as soon as her left the house I began ferreting. I was on the hunt for something to snack on, not for any reason other than being bored. There's hardly anything snack worthy in the house as I have made sure we haven't bought anything in preparation for LL. I found myself nibbling on some chocolate fingers (which I don't even like, they were just the only thing left!) and thought to myself 'Why am I eating these?!'. I know why, 'cause I was bored and wanted to treat myself for doing well with my college work.

I did have a vanilla shake this morning for breakfast as my councilor gave me some to try as apparently they've been improved. I had it hot with a spoon of coffee like a vanilla latte (used to have one every morning last time) and oh my I had forgotten how good that was! Really really enjoyed it! I have also made a concerted effort with my water and have so far managed to get in 1.5 liters which is a massive improvement for me. I also got out a fitness game I was given for the Xbox and did a 15 minute cardio workout. Nothing too strenuous as it is all relative to how fit you are but that was good and I think I could do that every day after the baby is in bed.

Just wish I could fast forward to Sunday!

Sunday will be here before you know it. I picked up my packs tonight to start tomorrow but ive kind of started today as i had slim and save packs leftover so used 4 of them. Just want to get into ketosis asap. Xx

I don't blame you, that sounds like a good idea! I have got some packs in the cupboard so i'm contemplating seeing what I've got and if I've got enough, I may well start by myself. The sooner I can get into Ketosis the better! I've been doing some googling and it seems that the packs don't go off as such, they just lose some nutrition so I might just have a couple a day to get in the habit of having them so that it isn't such a shock to the system.

The exciting times are just beginning :)

X

I don't blame you, that sounds like a good idea! I have got some packs in the cupboard so i'm contemplating seeing what I've got and if I've got enough, I may well start by myself. The sooner I can get into Ketosis the better! I've been doing some googling and it seems that the packs don't go off as such, they just lose some nutrition so I might just have a couple a day to get in the habit of having them so that it isn't such a shock to the system.

The exciting times are just beginning :)

X

They sure are. Had choc shake for breakie yuk x

The only good thing I ever found with the chocolate was it was easy to down in one. I never was one for savoring the moment with the packs as apart from making the vanilla one into a latte, I wasn't keen on any of them. They became almost medicinal. I opened one of my vanilla packs this morning with the intention of starting by myself, and lets just say it smelt frousty so they've all gone in the bin :( Just got to be patient and wait til Sunday. Although I won't be starting til Monday as my class is in the evening.

Ahhh well, if I stop whinging about it and try and forget about it i'm sure it will come quick enough.
Hope your first official day is going well :)

x

The anticipation of starting can indeed be daunting, hang in there! :D I was lucky and had quite a few packs from a few months ago so I started a few days before I could actually see my LLC.
All I can suggest is have a protein-only structure - maybe two eggs (omelette?) in the morning, grilled-prawn salad at lunch and chicken breast with some veg in the evening? I'm sorry - suggestions may be off as you may be vegetarian - in that case, quorn products :)
Calorie count these last few days - it'll help you get in the mindset and lessen the shock on your body.
xx

This is one weird evening. My best friend text me earlier today and said she was cooking me dinner tonight which is great as it will be something yummy and nutritious as she is following WW. Then my little sister has just rang me saying she is coming over and bringing pi**a. Now that I certainly don't need so I will just leave it for my OH for when he gets home from work later but I don't think I have ever been a) this popular in one evening or b) had people bringing food. Normally i'm doing the cooking on the rare occasion someone comes over in the evening. Usually I spend every night curled up with my blanket on the sofa.

Bit of a random and pointless post, it just all feels a bit odd!

Hope everyone is on top form

x

I just tried the Shepherds Pie pack that my LLC gave me as a sample and my god, it's DISGUSTING!!! She described it to me as tasting like the mashed potato that has soaked up some of the gravy. Now i'm not sure what her shepherds pies taste like, but mine are nothing like this!!! The texture is what really did it for me though, bleurgh!!!

x

Haha i had the shep pie last night. It had a funny smell i thought. Im having the pasta carbonara tonight so we will see what thats like x

I can't have that one. Cause i'm self certified therefore having slightly more calories, there are only 12 flavours I can have. The only 'meal' is the shepherds pie which I shall be avoiding like the plague! I can have minestrone, chicken or veg soup; vanilla, chocolate or banana shakes or the dreaded pie, porridge or apple and cinnamon porridge. Then three of the bars that I can't remember. I don't think i'll be able to touch the veg soup cause I overdid it last time and the thought makes me feel a little ill. Can't stand banana, the pie, or cinnamon so that's those out of the question. Think i'm going to end up with chocolate and vanilla shakes again!

How's everything going for you?
X

Going good, pasta carbonara went in the bin it was rank. Think im going to end up on just strawberry,vanilla and banana shakes. I can drink the choc but meh. I think i might be in ketosis as i havent felt hungry all day and the thought of my last pack is turning my stomach. Cant wait to be able to have a bar. They better be nice x

I used to really like the toffee ones and if you cut them into 6 and microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute and they go like biscuits yum! The peanut ones are quite nice, they're kind of like tracker bars. I don't like the nut fudge, don't like the texture. The raspberry one (or is it cranberry?) is covered in yoghurt and is really nice but my god it's sweet! The peanut and raspberry ones are more cereal bar like and the toffee and nut fudge are sort of like nougat.

Glad everything is going well for you! Hope I get into ketosis quickly!
X

It's a shame you can't have the carbonara - it's the only one worth having for dinner *in my opinion* - but everyone's tastes are different. I used to have the Shepherd's pie one too, but I think I overdid it, and now gag at even the smell of it... eew.
Hope tomorrow goes well and you find a pack you can stick to for a while! I have to keep reminding my partner, it's not food - it's merely hunger reduction pack. He always looks so depressed at dinner time, poor soul! :)

That's the way I looked at it last time. I never saw the packs as food, almost just like medicine that I had to have. It's why I stuck to the cold ones so I could knock them back in one. Didn't matter that way if they tasted a bit grim as I just held my nose and got on with it.

Well today is the day! FINALLY!!! Roll on 4pm. Granted I won't be starting the packs 'til tomorrow, but going to group and picking up my packs will allow my head to finally believe I am doing something about this weight and things are going to get much better from here.

I'm quite surprised, i'm not actually nervous about going to group. I thought I would be bricking it as usually I get really panicked about meeting new people and they no longer start a whole group at the same time, they just allow new people to start group every 4 weeks then close it til the next 4 weeks, so there is potential for me to be the biggest one there but hey that's my life story! I knew that starting my degree had given me a lot of confidence cause i'm actually good at it. When I started I thought I was going to fail horribly but after getting top marks in my first assignment, I'm not as stupid as I thought! This has just confirmed it to me.

Hope everyone else is getting on ok :)

X

Morning :) woohoo for today :). Im just getting ready for work. Will check in later to see how u got on xxx

Back