Heaving myself back on the wagon!

Thanks Pam :) Hope you have a good day

x

Hope it goes well x

Well I'm very pleased with myself. Since my initial sign up meeting (December 20th) and today, I have only put on 1lb! Most Christmases I've put on about half a stone with all the rubbish but I really was quite sensible this year and didn't feel at all like I was missing out...lesson for when I'm on maintenance!!!

I now have the decision to make whether I start my packs tonight or start first thing in the morning as planned. I don't know why but I have a real thing about the thought of not doing full days. In my head tomorrow is the right time to start simply for the fact it will be a complete day.

Hmmm I'll decide when I get home I think

X

I decided to start this morning, new day and all that jazz. So I shall raise a chocolate shake to the first day of the rest of my life!

X

Woowooo! I'm raising my spring onion soup back atcha! I'm basically on day 1 as went off wagon for my birthday! Don't forget to glug your water! x

Well Day 1 is nearly through. Downed a chocolate shake first thing, it was just as I remembered it which is a good thing, I was worried I wouldn't like it and my plan as having the fail safe chocolate shake that goes down so easily would be out of the window. Had a rather busy morning today, took my car for an MOT then went to Solihull to buy my OH an iMac (a ridiculous thing I agreed to when I was clearly in far too good a mood, but couldn't go back on my word) only to find they were out of stock so then had to go to Birmingham.

Ended up not having my minestrone pack til about 3 which I actually thought was ok. I've found myself having to remind myself to have the packs as quite often I don't eat all day, then eat too much of the wrong thing after my daughter is in bed.

Had a vanilla latte thing as my third pack, so now just got one to go which is alright. I've managed to chuck two litres of water down my neck which I'm pleased with. It's half a litre up from where I've been this last week and I want to up it another half which I should be able to do by the time I go to bed. I'd like to get up to 2.5-3 litres down a day as this is what I was comfortable with last time. Am definitely glad that the guidelines have been reduced from 4 litres as that's what it was in 2009 and that was always a struggle.

Going to have a soak in the bath with some of my Christmas bubbles and get an early night to ready myself for a hardcore day of essay writing tomorrow. I don't suppose anyone fancies writing an essay comparing and contrasting educational theorists and then discussing how their theories have helped to shape the early years provision of today?...anyone???......damn it! Oh well 8 pages down another 12-15 to go :(

Hope everyone has had a good day

X

Well done for getting through the day !

Well ladies, I decided to have some me time tonight as when I wrote my letter to myself, one of my promises was to start taking more care in my appearance and I decided that every day I will reward myself with some me time such as a soak in the tub or simply painting my nails (which I find very therapeutic).

I've gone a little overboard this evening, but I thought I would reward myself for making the decision to regain control of my life and to do something for me. I've gone for a Sanctuary bubble bath (love the smell of that stuff!), with candles lit and music playing, with a face mask on and nail varnish at the ready!

All I can say is AMAZING!!!

X

Nice one lady! What a perfect start! Poo to the essay (good luck - what are u preping for/studying?) but hurrah to the me time. You have your own spa going there!

Xx

I know, it was amazing! It may have to become a regular thing. Maybe I will have the super bath (as it shall now be known) every time I lose half a stone, and with this diet that will be all the time!!!

I am doing a HND in Advanced Practice in Working with Children and Families in Education. Bit of a long title but i'm doing that followed by a year to top up to a full BA HONS followed by a PGCE in Keystage 1 primary education so I can be a primary teacher. I want to teach reception children. Doing all my work plus looking after an 18 month old, LL is a welcome bit of control as most of the time I spend feeling like I am fighting to keep my head above water!

Hope you're getting on well with getting back on track :)

X

Well fine done ! Super bath sounds amazing x

It comes highly recommended!

X

Well, day 2 is here. I've had my chocolate shake this morning and am just about to take my crazy hound out and tackle some hills that I usually walk round! I can't wait til I'm fit enough to start doing something like agility with my gorgeous boy as at the moment I just don't feel he is busy enough.

I'm looking forward to getting back to college this morning and then I'm back at the school I'm on placement at on Monday. As soon as I'm back to my normal routine, the time is going to fly! I usually can't keep up with the days and weeks.

Not looking forward to trying to get my head back into writing today, but I am determined to finish my work by tomorrow, so it shall be done!

Hope everyone has a super day today :)

X

Well I tackled those hills and I tackled them good! Admittedly I feel like I just climbed Everest, but in a really good way. It's funny how I always conveniently forget how much I actually enjoy exercise and how good it makes me feel to get my heart pumping...woohoo for endorphines!

Time for a vanilla latte and to conquer my mini Everest, this stupid essay.

X

Half way through day 2 and to be honest I feel in a very relaxed state. I'm not sure if this is still from last night's super bath, this morning's epic walk or just a sign that this truly was the right time for me to get back on this. I'm going for a combination of all three.

Having a little break from the college work and having a chicken soup which with a bit of pepper is surprisingly nice! I was worrying slightly how I was going to have my packs whilst at college as even though there is a kettle and sink etc in our classroom, I don't really want to draw attention to the fact i'm doing this in a room full of (mostly) 18 year olds. I've decided i'm just going to empty a soup packet into my travel mug in the morning, then I can just add hot water and if anyone asks it's a cup a soup. I will have to take my little milk frother though cause there is no way I could deal with any lumps and that's a perfectly good excuse even for normal soup!

I do need to get my wiggle on a bit with my water as I've only done about a liter and a half so far but I think it's cause I've been concentrating on my work and that's when I forget things like water and packs, although I have had three packs so far today so I won't have to have my last one too late. I'm going to try and get into the routine of one shake first thing, one soup whilst at college, one shake as soon as I get home, then a nice vanilla latte when Harley is in bed. I think that is the best way for me to go.

I had an interesting phone conversation with my best friend last night. I was worried about how she was going to be when I started this and she's acted exactly how I predicted. Last time I did LL, she was doing WW at the same time. Our weigh ins were on the same day and I always used to pop in and see her on my way home from group. She used to get really pissy when she'd ask how much i'd lost (i'd never bring it up cause of the way she acted) and I would say 4lb for example and she would tell me she lost half a pound. She acted like this the whole way through and was always going on about the amazing WW meals that she had cooked but I just congratulated her on her loss, told her I was proud of her for sticking to it and then changed the subject. When she would get down about such small losses, I would suggest rather than using WI night as a free for all and having a huge takeaway, she just stick it out all week long and see if it made a difference. She never listened to me.

Well this time round after I told her I was going to do LL again, she announced she was starting WW and I said 'good for you'. She has about 5 stone to lose and I suggested she try this with me but she said she couldn't do it, couldn't give up food. I did explain that you don't feel any hunger etc but if it's not for her it's not for her and I respect that it isn't for everyone.

Anyway, I was on the phone to her last night and first thing she asked me was how I was so I reminded her that it was my first day on LL and I felt it was going well. She then cut me off to tell me all about her amazing dinner she had had. Seriously, the conversation was 20 minutes and 15 of those were her talking about her flaming dinner! The way she was going on about it, you would think it had been orgasmic! I ended up just saying I had to go before I said something out of line but it really wound me up. I don't know if she is intentionally trying to sabotage this, or just not thinking...who knows. I don't think it would have been intentional or at least I hope not. We've been best friends for 14 years and I love her to pieces.

We are going to the theater in London in August for my birthday and us girls have decided (well I decided) that it would be nice to wear fifties style dresses as I am a little obsessed with the rockabilly look but i've always been too big too pull it off and by then i'll be finishing maintenance and will be smokin'. Hot that is not smoking as I kicked that habit a couple of years ago lol. Anyway when I was talking about what size I might need, she said she'd settle for being a 16. I know that she would still be miserable and I want her to strive to be her best and not just settle but I also know that I have to let her make her own decisions and I would by no means try and make her do anything or make her feel bad about herself.

It is rubbish though cause I want to be able to celebrate my losses with her, not feel like I can't mention it in case it makes her feel bad.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry this has turned into a bit of a ramble but i'm just trying to get my whirring thoughts out of my head.

I updated my ticker thing today to reflect the 1lb I put on over Christmas. I was initially thinking 'it's only a pound, what's the point' but then thought 'no, i'm going to be honest with myself and be accountable for every individual pound'. If I can get my head round that, then hopefully it will help me post LL when maintaining and not letting any small gains become big gains.

Ramble over

X

I'm glad you're feeling calm - I feel the same to be honest! Maybe it is indeed that you are ready to take this step, mentally, emotionally and physically. Let's not beat about the bush - this is indeed a very difficult diet at times, but if we're in the right place, then it's not as bad as it could be.

Your friend does seem to be missing the link that you miss food to some degree, but maybe she's excited about her own weight-loss journey, which involves getting creative with what she 'can' have. For example, like we would find a way to make our foodpack tolerable, she's trying to big up her own choices? It's probably not intentional, no one can be that awful on purpose, maybe she's just a little oblivious. Is there some way you can ask her to speak about food a little less around you? Or have some rules down - she can speak about her dinner for 5 minutes and put it on a timer!! After all, she probably wants to talk about her weightloss journey with someone too :)

That's what I'm hoping, that she didn't mean to do it. She's doing WW with one of her other friends so I think I'm going to ask if she can do no food talk round me and she can talk to her friend about it. After all I'm doing my best not to go on about LL because as excited as I am about it, I don't want her to feel like I'm rubbing the fast losses in her face, I would never do that. I'm hoping she will extend the same courtesy to me. After all, even though its not bothered me so far (apart from the fact she did it, it wasn't the actual food talk) I know that there are going to be lots of rough times over the next few months and I don't want to risk sabotaging myself!

Definitely having a soak and an early night tonight to ready myself for my first day back at college tomorrow. Got to get my learning head on!

X

Clever girl! Regarding your studies, very good plans, I love that you're doing the career and the weight in one go, no one can ever accuse you of not going for what you want, strong lady!

Sounds like you had a great day. Plan for soup makes sense. I didnt want to advertise in the office so totally respect the need to not be obvious. I found as the weeks went on I became more blase about it, part of being proud of what this is and it's so sad that healthy eating is somehow better than eating nutritionally perfect sachets and fixing emotional eating. Pah, stupid world and its judgements.

I am so frustrated by your friend. There's nothing worse than being bigger ladies with the topic of weight as something to discuss and then taking different routes towards the goal. Especially as yours will inevitably be a quicker route to the end too. It's an awkward one. I had a friend I'd known for 7 years and she couldn't bear me on lighter life, couldn't stand my success, did exactly what youve described and talked on and on about how perfect slimming world was as her meals were just sooooo great. I hate to say it but again as time goes on you might find instead of listening for 15 minutes or having to go you'll just say 'arghgggh shut up about your food woman, I'm starving here BIG LAUGH' that's how I did it. Make it light, make it fun, but make sure you remind her clearly to support you and shut up lol!

I love the 50s style and dresses, epic birthday idea. Thinking of doing a photo shoot for my hens at a 50s makeover place. And yes-curvy but not fat is hot hot! And we'll be there :)

Off to busy myself with jigsaws, the dogs and then carbonara time! Xx

I'm still pooped after taking my hound out this morning. Granted I was out for about 2 hours and it was mostly up and down hills so far more exertion than my usual jaunt across the racecourse! Think i'll be sending the OH out to take him round the block whilst I have a soak :)

To be honest, I think the reason I chose to do LL at the same time as college is so I can feel like I have some form of control on my life which seems so hectic all the time. Plus time flies at the moment, most of the time I get to the weekend and wonder where my week went! My theory is WIs will feel like they're coming round quicker therefore keeping my eye on the prize.

My plan for this evening is to put baby to bed, tidy the kitchen, have a shake then bath and bed. My poor brain is exhausted after me making it work for the first time since before Christmas! Was thinking about having a good exfoliation and waxing my brows tonight in preparation for actually having to see people tomorrow but i'm not sure I can be bothered. No, I will and i'll redo my nails so I feel good tomorrow...positive thinking and all that blaaaaah.

X

Back