Help!!!!! Grapefruit

I'm also much more worried now!

I ADORED Dr Stuttaford, and was really sad when he eventually retired as The Times doctor. I always believed every word he wrote - a bit like David Attenborough, if HE said pigs turned blue in the cold, I'd believe him! So Dr S. saying that Crestor is one of those statins where you SHOULD avoid grapefruit, and Rosuvastatin IS Crestor, I'm really unsure what to do now. I have a grapefruit almost daily, and have sometimes eaten 3 in a day...

As someone who has had many medical problems, including angina, 3 angiograms, 2 lots of angioplasty and 3 stents inserted, I MUST find the definitive answer to this! I'm still puzzled that the Crestor leaflet doesn't even MENTION grapefruit, but will find out what I can, and report back ASAP.

So glad that you posted avisk, there must be others who will be affected by this, especially as I believe that Simvastatin is the most widely used statin. I do so hope that we will all be able to continue to enjoy our grapefruits, especially as they are a super-speed fruit!

Many thanks for the references - I'd never have found them by myself! Although gutted to find an error in something Dr S. wrote (or had misprinted!), I'm now reassured for me, but am still a bit cautious for Hubby. Fortunately, he's not as addicted as I am!!!

Thanks again for your help, and apologies to everyone who is bored stiff with me hijacking this thread!

Back