Hibernating Butterfly......

I'm backkkkkkk and still going strong. I have hoovered the house, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, washed the Hoover filter, put a wash on and had a general tidy up. I have also just finished another 2 litres so that's a whopping 4 so far and not bad for my first day. I am still weeing like a horse :) but feel fab. Slight headache maybe but all good. I'm so happy to be on day one of my journey. I just know I'll do this, I have a feeling :) I'm not meaning to sound cocky but I have got to believe in myself. I can see my worth!

okay a little too much info here but it's TOTM for me and I'm actually really pleased about it as it means my weigh ins for the next 3 weeks should be good. I'm hoping for some big losses :)

Right I'm off to close the windows as its cold now I'm sitting doing nothing

my husband will be home in an hour. I need to think what to cook the boys for their tea.

Speak soon
lyds Xx

Hi me again ��
this blogging is really helping me stay strong!
well day one is coming to a close and it has been a doddle. I have a very slight headache but generally feel fab. I'm just so glad I started.

since I last blogged I have taken the pooch for a walk, I tried to pick up the pace a little but the marathon is scaring me a bit. I didn't even walk a mile ( small village ) and I was out of breath and found walking faster hard. I'm hoping it will get easier as the weight drops off. I can't wait to buy myself some trainers. I have also cooked the boys tea which they are eating now. Looked good, smelt good but no way did I touch any. I won't eat any conventional food for a very very long time. Well if you think about it it's not really that long and so worth it. A few months to change your life is nothing.

in a bit I am going to sit with the boys in the snug and watch the soaps while drinking more water. I can't wait for 9pm to watch missing. I think it's fab and I love having things to look forward too and I'm easily pleased ��

I have aver awful period pains but I won't take medicine (I would if I was dying obviously) so I might make a hot water bottle with a few drops of lavender

Im so pleased with myself for giving up drinking and smoking and now overeating. I have also given up tea and coffee. When at goal I will allow the odd glass of wine and milky coffee but they will never never be a daily thing again!

I am am so lucky to have a husband that does not make me feel bad about my weight. He reminds me of the film shallow Hal, in the fact that he thinks I'm gorgeous whatever. A few years back I was constantly compared to Jessica Simpson and I can't wait to be told that again, obviously I'll never be as slim as her and nor would I want to be but I am looking forward to my face looking like me again.

I will ill not stop this journey until I reach 13st and have a 30" waist................ One day at a time, one lb at a time.
It's going to be brilliant
xx

Hey lyds, just been reading through and I have to say I love the motivation and the list (which I can so relate too and will certainly write one for myself with the biggest thing for me being not to care what others think of me, as I have lived life for far too long that way and not letting my weight stop me from doing anything I want). I have also been singed up for a 10k :eek: which my brother signed me up for after I saw him run a half marathon and said I wanted to do one, and that's in May too, I couldn't even run for 10 seconds without feeling like I was dying and now I can do a minute (which doesn't seem long and I do still have a lot to run but its an achievement) I also have a dog (an Akita) and when I used to walk her before I would always walk the shortest route and get home I would be breathless and tired but now I actually enjoy walking her and now take longer routes where my speed has increase so there is no doubt as you weight drops your energy and ability to walk fast will certainly increase. You have given up so much already with the alcohol and smoking that the weight loss will b just another thing you WILL tick off and I am excited to read about it along the way :). I have posted my progress so far below and what I will say is that I never thought at 17.3 stone I could stay on this diet for 1 day let alone being on it 10 weeks later, and with the motivation you have, I have no doubt you will be saying the same thing and the pounds will drop!! WELL DONE for getting through day one!! this site will be amazing during those tough days and your husband sounds like an amazing support and that's certainly gona be great through this journey. Hope day 2 is a breeze :).

Progress so far
Started 4[SUP]th[/SUP] August – Weight 17stone and 3lbs
Week 1- Lost 10lbs
Week 2- Lost 3lbs
Week 3 and 4- went off the diet :mad:
I restarted with a new consultant on the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] September and gained 5lbs (16.4)
Week 1 (again) - Lost 9lbs
Week 2 – Lost 4lbs
Week 3 – Lost 4lbs
Week 4- Lost 3lbs (15.3)
Week 5- Lost 5lbs (14.12)
Week 6- Lost 4.5 lbs (14.7.5)
Week 7- Lost 2.5 lbs (14.5)
Week 8- Lost 3 lbs (14.2)
Week 9- Lost 4 lbs (13.12)
Week 10- Lost 2lbs (13.10)
Week 11- 21/11/10

Total weight loss 47lbs :D

Hi AmaD, Thank you so very much for your message and boy haven't you done well. You must be feeling amazing having lost that much weight so quickly. I don't know you but I'm proud of you, lol
it's people like you that help people like me at the start of their journey, so thank you thank you thank you.

my Mum has an Akita called Lewis,haha. He is such a lovely dog. I was thinking about walking last night as I drifted off to sleep and it dawned on me the the shops are only 0.8 miles away from my front door and walking that takes me forever!! Come Feb I will be walking up to the shops as quick as I can and use this route for my training. A little boring going up and down 10 odd times but I live in Lincolnshire and most roads do not have paths so this route will be well lit and safe. Your 10k run sounds amazing. I can't run very far at all. Back in the summer a little old man broke down outside our home sp my husband and I pushed his car home for him. It was only a short jog but I was in such a state and my husband was totally fine! Please keep in touch and let me know how your training is going

Xx

Still going good here. I have almost finished my first 2 litres Which went down much easier then yesterday and I am weeing a little less. My breath smells awful! A lot like onions hahaha. I have ketosticks which I will be using to monitor if I am in ketosis yet. It's prob too early for me to try now but I'm just so excited to get into ketosis and burn the fat.

I am already feeling much colder but I just have to open all my windows in the morning and get new air in the house. I will shut them a little soon. It's going to be a few months of carrying around my hot water bottle :)

not too much to report really. I am going to do a little bit of Christmas shopping online now. I love wrapping it all up with homemade tags and ribbons. I do not have many people to buy for but I do have 3 birthdays in December that I buy for too. This year I am doing George a different type of advent calendar. I am making a lucky dip full of lego and other little bits. On Dec 1st he gets to pick one to unwrap and then pick one a day up until Christmas eve. I'd like to get some new stockings this year to hang on the chimney.

hope you are all okay
love
Lyds
Xx

awww that is very touching thank you so much and no doubt in feb you will be speeding up and down, that actually reminds me of when my Akita (Asha) escaped from the house one day, and like a mad women I was chasing her down the road and about 20 mins after she thankfully stopped, and whilst I wasn't thinking much about the chasing but more about Asha not getting run over when I got her on the leash my legs were shaking, I was coughing like crazy and I was in an utter state myself which carried on for like hours after which is most definitely not great. I will certainly keep in touch and hopefully you will too :). Glad day two is going well and yes the hot water bottle does become your best friend as I have never been one to feel the cold I would normally be walking round the house in a t-shire and I would be fine but since the diet I have been in jumpers, hoodies, I have my shawls wrapped around me lol but I always think the colder you feel at least you know its working. And the advent calendar sounds great, I do love this time of year and rather than having a chocolate advent calendar myself I got a yankee candle on so each day offers a new scented candle which will both make the house smell lovely and not expand my waist line lol. Hope today continues going well :D and I better start drinking my water, its the one thing I find the hardest lol

Hi AmaD

Thank you for your message lovely, its nice having someone to share this journey with. ahhh Asha, what a fab name. I just walk Lady and I managed to walk half a mile in 10mins so that is 3miles ph which is average but on the way back I got a little stitch. (i must look up why we get a stitch) its good to know that I can walk at average speed when I am 23st 7lbs, it gives me hope that as the stones fall off me I will be able to walk faster and longer. my muscle need retraining and I will need to build up stamina. I am not doing proper training til new year, but by then I should be much lighter. i got out of bed today and my feet didn't hurt and that's just after 2 days and i walked down the stairs quite fast too. Now on to candles. My passion is candles, i just love love love them. I am an aromatherapist so I add essential oils to mine. Believe it or not I am yet to own a yankee but a client had some burning and oh my her home smelt beautiful. maybe I will treat myself when I get some weight off. Hope all is going well for you re your weightloss journey

chat soon
Love Lyds xx

Day Three.............................
yayy im on day 3 and I feel great. I am in ketosis and am still drinking 4 litres of water a day. i am sleeping well and generally feeling positive. I get some bars on Tuesday which I am sooooooo looking forward to. I am so happy that I got into ketosis so quickly ( i was in it by lunch time on day 2) and i have hardly had any headaches or anything. i think I have gotten away lightly as I was told the first week is horrid. i thought about food today more than I have on day one or two but not once have I been tempted to eat. When I was making my son lunch I was washing grapes and I almost forgot about the diet and popped one in my mouth, but thank goodness I remembered in time. its the same with remembering to not lick my fingers when making toast. i lovvveeeeee marmite!!!!!!!

I have been for a walk this evening and in a bit I am going to sit down with the boys and watch some tv. I wrapped lots of Christmas gifts today but ran out of paper so had to stop. i will buy some more soon.

Its funny but the last few days ive been really embarrassed about my size when walking Lady, its like im not ignoring my size and weight anymore. My head is out of the clouds, but boy it feels nasty to be embarrassed of yourself. But its not forever right? soon I will be a butterfly, lol

Glad to be here and glad to be feeling so strong
I know I can do this, im way too stubborn and unhealthy not to

lots of love
Lyds Xx

Last edited:
Day 4.........................

Yipeeeee im on day four now. I just had a sneaky weigh in and I have lost 7lbs in 3 days!!!!!! no wonder my feet hurt less in the mornings. I am so pleased. I am also sleeping so much better. Husband and I are seeming closer too. When I was in my eating bubble I was cushioned away from the rest of the world, there was a barrier against me and everything. My bubble is bursting (in a good way)

A bit off topic here but I was warned that when you don't have the security blanket of overeating, emotions will come to the surface and I am going to have to find a way to deal with them without reverting back to my old comforts. To be honest I am a worrier by nature, I am a very very anxious person and I have been from about 8 years old. The thing that is confusing me at the moment is my Dad. He and my mum had a very abusive marriage and they finally parted (on bad terms) 15 years ago. I have only seen my Dad 3 times in 10 years and he has only met my son once and he is now 10. I love my Dad, I remember a lot of happy times with him and I am quite a lot like him too, but the problem is it is as though he has two sides. A light side that shines so brightly but a dark side that is so dark nothing good can grow there. I went and saw him a couple of years back on my own and he was quite nice but since then he has seemed distant. I think he wanted us to visit more but I really don't think I can let my son be around him. I think he would go out of his way to pick holes in him and wind him up. My son isn't used to that way of life, he doesn't have the childhood I did, ive made sure of that. so my real problem here is should I try to make contact with him, should I try to be part of his life? unfortunately his dark side overpowers the light one but its such a shame because there are parts about him that I connect with at such a deep level. geeeezzzzzz im confused. I accidentally forgot my step mums birthday (moving house) but I did apologise but she hasn't really bothered with me since. she seems like such a nice woman tho. Maybe my Dad has told her not to speak to me. They didn't even sent George a birthday card but I guess that's my Dad being cross because I forgot my step mums. He does seem pathetic like that. Over the years he has been so mean to me but at times my best friend too. He did tell me he didn't like me once and as far as he is concerned he has no daughter. How can the person that is supposed to protect your heart break it? I do feel a little silly writing this as I am 32 years old but this is the emotion that I would usually eat through and this morning I am having to face it with no back up

Still glad im here tho and still glad im doing something for me and my little family

love to all
Lyds xx

Hiya I'm still here and still 100%
feeling better about my last post. At the end of the day I can't make people nice can I. I'm just lucky I have a great son and husband. That really does make me a lucky girl. I know the rest is out of my hands xx

Hey Lyds, wow aromatherapy that sounds really interesting, I did a mini course many many years ago and loved it but have forgotten everything now lol and licking fingers that's such an easy thing to do because I especially did it so much and unconsciously so breaking that habit was tough and one time I licked my finger during cooking and had to wash my mouth out lol I think that's what is great with this diet is that it breaks all those terrible habits, and I have ALOT, I would only ever drink pepsi max and would eat a meal while cooking, but now I actually don't mind water and don't think I would ever go back to fizzy pop at all and I now know I have the control to not eat anything and everything in my sight. I can totally understand about the feelings of embarrassment its a horrible feeling but now that we are making those changes we no longer have anything to be embarrassed about and no way will it be forever!! looking back at before CD I was comfortable with my life because I never really went out or did anything, I used to go to work or uni then back home and watch tv and that was pretty much it, I avoiding most outings and whilst I still have a way to go, the more I lose the more confident I become and its a crazy feeling but at the same time absolutely fantastic that I can feel so different in such a small amount of time and you will no doubt feel the same. Your not being silly at all writing that post, food and emotions go hand in hand for so many people and its right that we search for different ways to deal with difficult situations that don't impact on our health and I am sorry to hear about the troubles you face it seems like a difficult situation and regardless of what your dad has done he is still your dad and that love will no doubt always be there but you deserve to be happy and not be told hurtful things and your right all you can do is control your own actions and rely on those who you know are there for you. Finally I will stop rabbling lol but well done day four and your doing amazing when do you usually have weigh in?

Hi AmaD,

How are you getting on? What are the biggest changes you've noticed with your weight loss journey? (Hope that's not too nosy) are you staying on plan over the festive season or are you going up steps or coming off plan? I'm not sure how I am going to face the season without food.

My official weigh-in days are on a Tuesday. My counseller is only 6 miles away and is a kind lady. She is in her late 60s and has been a cambridge counseller for over 25 years!!! Do you get on well with yours?

Xx

Hiya AmaD just seen that you have lost another 4lbs, big well done to you. I hope I do as well as you. Brilliant xx

i just tried looking for your diary but I can't find it :-( Xx

Keep going Lyds, that first weigh in will make this week totally worth it xx

Thank you meems Xx

Day 5 in the cambridge diet house...............

not a lot to report today. Still 100% and still feel very well. Feet no longer hurt upon waking and I'm sleeping better. I'm also a little happier. I have just been shopping with my mum which was fun. Only husbands work friends gifts to go now.
ive been thinking about food a lot today. Would love to eat but of course I won't. When around the market all I could smell was burgers and onions which smelt more besutiful then ever and I'd of loved some bread and pastries and a blt from marks and a mc Donald's and some sweets and buscuits but I came home after shopping and had water,lol
this afternoon I am putting together my sons lucky dip advent calendar box and also boxing up gifts for the in laws down south. I love keeping busy.

when walking around the shops I wondered if my mum was embarrassed of my size. She is naturally slim as is most of my family. Oh well I'll be looking good by summer. What's giving up one winter to feel good.

they say nothing tastes as good as skinny feels but I'm changing that to nothing tastes as good as confidence feels.

my husband has to go in to work for a few hours after the f1 qualifying,so I might have a nice hot bubble bath the warm my bones. I get soooooo cold now. My hot water bottle is a wonderful friend and by the time we go to bed it's perfect heat to give to my son for the night. I'm paranoid about giving him a fresh hot water bottle in case it bursts. Lol I am so over the top.

now Tuesday is my weigh in evening but it is also my bars evening and missing is on. I look forward to Tuesday's all week.

my husband printed out the moonwalk marathon training plan for me yesterday and I have stuck it up in the kitchen. I do love a challenge and it's giving me more incentive to lose weight.

I still can't quite believe that I am staying totally on sole source (I call it soul searching,lol) over the festive period. But I know I will and I know come Jan 1st I'm going to feel amazing. I know I'd regret if I came off plan. I'm learning from past mistakes..........finally :)

Right I'm off to keep busy and drink my 4 litres. I'm finding 4 litres very easy to drink thank goodness

i know I'm only on day 5 but if anyone is reading this and putting off starting DONT. Cambridge is amazing. I feel wonderful and I have not suffered with headaches or anything else. I'm saving money not buying food and wine and I can finally see the light. It's a dim light and far far away but I can see it and if I just carry on like this, the weeks will pass and before I know it the light will be right there. Food is no reason to waste your life. There is so much more to life than eating!!!

lots of love
Lyds xx

"they say nothing tastes as good as skinny feels but I'm changing that to nothing tastes as good as confidence feels."

love it xx

I may not be there yet but I'm closer then I was yesterday Xx

Day 6
still 100%, 4 litres + down each day, exercise done
cant wait til Tuesday for my weigh in and bars
feet do not hurt in the mornings now and I can walk down stairs much quicker and pain free.
still sleeping very good an not weeing in the night
cold but keeping snuggled under blankets and hot water bottle
all good
Xx

morning

that is great your powering along. its fantastic your already feeling the benefit of the weight loss, the plus side to weight loss just keeps giving. your able to do so much more of the things you want to do. i hated when my weight really restricted what i was able to do and although i went up back to 13st last year it doesn t stop me the way the other 5st did. so keep on going you will be glad you did
jenxx

Back