Hibernating Butterfly......

thank you Jen you are so right. I feel happy now so goodness knows how I will feel come may xx

Hi AmaD,

How are you getting on? What are the biggest changes you've noticed with your weight loss journey? (Hope that's not too nosy) are you staying on plan over the festive season or are you going up steps or coming off plan? I'm not sure how I am going to face the season without food.

My official weigh-in days are on a Tuesday. My counseller is only 6 miles away and is a kind lady. She is in her late 60s and has been a cambridge counseller for over 25 years!!! Do you get on well with yours?

Xx

Hey Lyds, I am getting on ok its been a struggle today and now that I am home alone the temptation is growing but I went into town earlier today and wore my sisters old jeans (she used to weigh 13 stone but she also lost a lot of weight and all her bigger cloths I kinda took for "when I lost the weight" lol) and I don't actually kno how long its been but I have not worn jeans for many MANY years so that was nice and made me feel good. And no not at all being nosy ask away lol the biggest change I have noticed is my confidence and that's the honest truth, because before I never really went out or felt great about myself, I was always head down, shy, quiet and all sorts and whilst I am not saying I am completely confident right now, I am so much better then I used to be. I will give an example like me and my sister when we went out for food I would never speak to the waiter or waitress coz I felt embarrassed and constantly felt people were judging me even though I know it wasn't a logical thought but it was something that made me hate going out and felt so insecure so I rarely ever did unless I had too, and not that I have been out for a meal but went I went to town today not once did I notice what other people were doing or thinking but I was just getting on with my own stuff which was amazing and that was because my confidence has grown since loosing the weight and I think that saying nothing tastes as good as confidence feels is soo true. For the festive season I am planning on sticking with SS all the way up till Christmas and then on Christmas day I will try and be SS+ and have a grilled chicken and veg if I can be strong enough and resist all the treats that will be around the house lol and then back to SS boxing day, and that's mainly because my graduation is the 23rd Dec and I want to be as light as possible. I do think removing all food is tough especially over Christmas but making healthier choices is achievable and maybe you could not restrict everything but opt for SS+ or the other steps?
Your consultant sounds lovely and 25 years WOW she's a pro lol I have had two consultants to far, the first I had was when I first started on the 4th August and I was with her for 2 weeks and in those 2 weeks I lost 13lbs which was amazing but I never really felt supported by my first consultant as I would arrive to the house get weighed, measure, my shakes order was already given via email and was packed and ready to go and I honestly felt rushed out of the house and it was more about the money because we never spoke about how I was getting on or I wasn't motivated and I went off the diet after my second week and stayed off it for 2 weeks, then I thought to myself what am I doing? and I decided to find another consultant in the same area and when I met her on the first session we sat down (which I never did with my first consultant I was also standing in her house) and we chatted about the diet and what I wanted to achieve and everything she even offered to text me everyday lol and I just felt supported with her and it was the best decision as I have been on SS straight with no days off for 79 days and have never felt better, so yeaa we get on great and I think its such an essential part of the diet to have a consultant who you know if there for you and is supportive. I just realised I can never give just a one sentence answer lol so if you have read this far sorry but I hope it answered your questions lol and I can not wait to hear your results on Tuesday because I am sure it will be amazing!!! Hope everyone has a good Monday :)

Day 6 almost over. 4 litres of water down. Still feel fab. I can already fit in the bath easier! Busy day with DIY today and tomorrow then have a few craft bits planned for Tuesday. Then weigh in on Tue eve with my bars and fav TV programme................happy days
also got my exercise in today which I am loving
i don't get tired as quickly in the evenings now and sleep well
glad the days are passing by quickly.
i am so pleased I no longer smoke, drink, eat rubbish, drink tea or coffee and I'm even more pleased my husband and I seem so close again. He truly is my best friend.
feeling blessed
Xx

Whoop whoop on day 7 and feeling fab. It's weigh in day tomorrow. I wonder how much I would of lost?
Busy drinking all my water. Loving the cambridge diet. Now all I need is time to pass
excited!!! Xx

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow xx

Thank you x

So pleased I have now completed my first week. I feel amazing. Went out for a walk earlier and I am walking so so much faster now. Feet no longer hurt at all in the morn. I'm still sleeping good but I'm so cold! I love my hot water bottle. My husband and I are very 'close' again. Sorry if too much info but our sex life has really suffered due to my weight. I feel great today. I'm never tempted to eat and this cambridge plan is becoming a habit. I think about food quite a bit and watch cooking programmes etc but this helps me. I knew from day one Of this journey I won't come off plan once so christmas food is out of the window for me and I don't care. There is no way I'd give up this feeling for a roast, no way on earth. I'm looking forward to new year knowing I'm on my journey already so no need for New Years resolutions.
Cambridge diet is brilliant Xx

I lost 15 lbs in my first week 1st 1lb................ Happy happy happy
heres to week 2 Xx

My jeans are no longer tight xx

Thank you AmaD I feel great. I noticed today that I can get up from the sofa like a 32 year old not a 70 year old. If losing just 15 lbs has changed all this, I can't wait to see what another 9 stones does to me!!

xx

I wonder how much weight I will lose on week two. The 4 litres don't feel like enough so I am going to go for 6 litres as of tomorrow. I drank a lot of water before this diet. 4 just doesn't make me feel totally hydrated. I'm also walking a lot more now with my marathon training so that makes me thirsty. I drink a lot of water because when I was studying human biology it was drummed into us to carry a 2 litre bottle of water around with us everywhere. 16 years later I still do it. When I leave the house its. Phone, keys, purse, water.

Right i i better go and have a tidy up
chat soon
lyds xx

My target for week two is to lose 10 lbs. may be a bit optimistic there but I'm gonna give it my best shot. Stay 100% drink lots of water and walk more

come on Lyds you can do it xx

Well done Lyds xx

I find drinking water the hardest to be honest, I have never been much of a drinker at all use to manage on a cup of tea and a bottle of pepsi max most days lol but slowly getting better and drinking more and certainly don't crave fizzy pop.

Thanks Meems xx

My son is like that AmaD. If I didn't keep putting drinks under his nose I'm sure he would hardly drink at all xx

Oh my god................... My consultant gave me a spag bog food pack to try. She said she can't get more til Jan but my oh my it was heaven. The garlic and tomato flavours were fantastic. Hurry up Jan I need more. I will be dreaming of them until Jan. if that's what diet food tastes like then why oh why am I fat. Tooooooo good!!!!
It made me laugh, my consultant said its nothing like I'd make at home but lol it was better than my spag boll.

to order these in Jan will be my well done to myself for staying 100%

Xx

I've just discovered slim and save do a range of meal packs including spag bog, chilli and spicy spaghetti and are much much cheaper even with delivery costs!! I might get a few to try and then make a decision whether to swap. The diet is the same its still 100% SS xx

Back