How bad is alcohol

The problem being that chicken will not take you out of ketosis, and the crux of the issue is not that you cant drink alcohol on sole source, its actually that drinking whilst in ketosis [which we all know is an effect of sole source] is dangerous
which is why I said work your way up to 1000 kcals before a night out,

i'm not advocating that anyone should drink while on ss, i'm just saying that for me i tried to be sensible and it wasnt a problem

nobody here said that you were advocating it jodie:)
we were just stating our opinion that eating chicken wasnt the best possible course of action for anyone wanting to drink
after all this is only advice, what any individual does is surely up to them:rolleyes:

It's a really difficult one this as lets be honest people do drink on sole source and are absolutely fine (apart from the hangover!) but I live by the Cambridge book and that says it is a total no no and for me they wouldn't print it unless there was good reason to.

M.

JodieJoJo, just wondering did the drinking make you put on a pound or too when weighed the next day?

Also, if you have say wine or beer, then doens't that harbour cals and carbs and take you out of ketosis anyway - which if only dangerous in ketosis then........

Sorry to sound like I am debating its just this thought wondering about in my head.

Hi Willow

I dont think it affected my weight loss as I've still lost 3 and a half pounds this week. I lost 9lbs in my first week so wasnt expecting a huge loss and am quite happy with that!

Also, if you have say wine or beer, then doens't that harbour cals and carbs and take you out of ketosis anyway - which if only dangerous in ketosis then........

Sorry to sound like I am debating its just this thought wondering about in my head.

Ah good point! forgot that some drinks do also contain significant amounts of sugar.
Not really qualified to comment, but intuitively it might help to offset the hypoglycaemic effect of the alcohol, though not the diuretic or calorific effect. Still not to be recommended though.

Hi Willow,
In my fifth week i drank alcohol and also had a subway (couldnt resists after that alcohol i needed something to wat) i still managed to loose 6lbs in that week. So who knows - i think that dancing all nyt helped hehe

Back