How do u make nice sweet potato roasties or wedges?!?

I would be lost without SW chips and sweet potato wedges, one of my faves and hubby actually prefers sw chips to the usual oven or fried chips so that's a result xx

I do my roast potatoes in the same way I do my chips, but I cook mine on a chip net I bought in the £1 shop. Its just a coated wire flexible basket type thing and because the air circulates right around them, they go really crispy and you don't need to turn them during cooking either. I also add mixed herbs/seasoning/onion salt/etc., when I shake the potatoes up in the pan before they go in the oven, I love them, so much nicer than the 'old way' of cooking

So glad I glanced through this thread now, as I can never get my SW chips/wedges really crisp, however I cook/prepare them! Never heard of this net so will definitely be going into the Pound Shop now. Thanks! :)

Kathy

Love sweet potato wedges! After I chop and frylight them, I like to sprink fajita seasoning. And if you want to use some syns, they taste gorgeous with a spoonful of low fat creme fraiche.

I tried the SW roast potatoes recipe tonight, the one where you add the stock to the pan, very sceptical but it worked brilliantly and the potatoes were really crispy, would def do again

par boiling potatoes then putting in oven with fry light and chicken oxo cubes crushed on top of them make lovely crispie and tasty roasties!!

Back