how often do you weigh yourself?

I'm the complete opposite to everyone who's posted so far LOL ... I only weigh in weekly at group and actually refuse point blank to even have a set of scales in my house.

I know from past experience that if I do have scales there they become completely irresistible and that I will weigh myself obsessively - then, if it's down, I'll persuade myself that it's OK to 'treat myself' and, if it's up, I'll persuade myself that the only option is starving myself for that day :( Not good either way, so I removed temptation by throwing my scales away :D

Official SW weigh in is on a Thursday. My scales at home are pretty much bang on with the SW ones. I usually weigh at home on a Monday morning, and again on Wed and Thur.

I agree that it depends on your reaction to the scales- if it keeps you on track, and you can live with the daily fluctuations, that's great. But if it affects your day negatively, or sends you off plan, I'd stay away from them.

I find it keeps me on track, as if I've gained a little over the weekend I pull it back on Monday. Probably NOT recommended, but it works ok for me.

I weigh every morning too, I don't like surprises but also it gives me a boost to see the numbers going down, I give myself a kick up the arse if they go up and it also makes me realise just how much my weight can change from one day to the next so I won't panic if I STS or gain at official weigh in.

I weigh every morning if I remember.....sometimes before I have a shower in the evening but its always at least 2lb different!!

I weigh myself 3 times as an average as my scales seem to different weights the 1st and 2nd go! I don't go to class so doing this keeps me motivated!

Once a week in group, there is no scales in my house and I believe that a scales don't belong in the home, this way it gets me to class and most importantly stay for image therapy

That is a good point Beavis ... with no scales in the house there is none of that temptation to say "I've gained a couple of pounds on my scales, so I'll give group a miss this week and work hard to shift it before the following weigh in". Even though I'm at target now, I still need to go to image therapy to make sure I don't backslide :D

Having a scales is why my sister lost heart quickly despite me telling her to throw them away, she made excuses saying her class is cancelled when I knew she lied, I still have 5.5st to lose but I'm 100% focused,disciplined and dedicated to putting my food addiction to sleep and be a normal weight

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm the complete opposite to everyone who's posted so far LOL ... I only weigh in weekly at group and actually refuse point blank to even have a set of scales in my house. I know from past experience that if I do have scales there they become completely irresistible and that I will weigh myself obsessively - then, if it's down, I'll persuade myself that it's OK to 'treat myself' and, if it's up, I'll persuade myself that the only option is starving myself for that day :( Not good either way, so I removed temptation by throwing my scales away :D
I'm exactly the same! Xx

The only scales that counts is the ones you get weighed in at your slimming world class

My scales are in my bathroom and every morning after the first toilet business I weigh myself! My scales are 2lb out of sw so I always know what I'm going to be there! It's a nightmare and I know I really shouldn't do it but iv become addicted! The hubby did hide the scales but I found them!

Everyday! Often more than once a day too. It fluctuates wildly which is fascinating, I just can't help but have a look! I wish my weigh in was in the morning, I would be a few pounds ahead!!! :D

I don't weigh at home at all. I don't like getting weighed lol

I used to do it every day when i first started SW but I was getting quite obsessive about it and it was taking over my life. Happy I've stopped now and I'm sticking to once a week. It does help some people though.

I used to weigh every day but found it too hard going and disheartening if I had fluctuation, so I am trying really hard to only weigh myelf once a week on Tuesdays. Would prefer to get rid of the scales altogther but as I don't go to group I know its not going to happen

Back