huwiesmummy is having another

Oddly no heart burn as yet. I suffered a lot with it after 30 weeks with my Huw.

It seem to be better until evening at the moment. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks it will all drop off.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was partially because of dieting for so long. My mind is saying freedom and is getting a bit carried away.

ForumRunner_20140910_164204.png

I've got major pregnancy bloat happening must be all those pickles. I'm 8 weeks Friday.

Aww congratulations! I ate constantly during my first 12 weeks and put on a stone! Most of it was junk as I didn't fancy anything else! Started slimming world yesterday just to manage what I eat more than anything otherwise I literally don't stop eating! Argh! Hope your sickness goes soon x

Aww congratulations! I ate constantly during my first 12 weeks and put on a stone! Most of it was junk as I didn't fancy anything else! Started slimming world yesterday just to manage what I eat more than anything otherwise I literally don't stop eating! Argh! Hope your sickness goes soon x

I haven't weighed myself in ages. I know my bmi is over 35, but I'm hoping it's under 40. I think I'm going to go back and do a healthy eating plan my dietian set up for me and add extra dairy and protein.

I'm feeling better hopefully it will stay better. Yesterday after my dh and I ate out for lunch I didn't eat again until about 6 which is amazing as have been eating every half hour before. Today I had low fat yogurt, two piece of toast, and a veggie omlette for breakfast.and.I've not eaten since! Maybe it will last.

Saw the midwife last Friday

My official bmi is 36 and I'm 105kg on their scales! Yay hopefully they won't weight me at my scan on digital scales as my midwifes was a old dial one. I won't see a consultant until 20 weeks this time. Last time I saw them at 12 and 20 weeks.

I've got all the paperwork done and my yellow book I just need my scan date.

Diet wise I have been referred back to a dietian who I had just been released from. I will ring Monday and talk to them about it but I am not sure I will be allowed as I used the service for a year and a half due to funding.

I've been eating Ok. I've not been over snacking like before. I just am ready not to be so tired.

Your midwife sounds more proactive than mine. I had a baby 6 months ago and never once had to see a dietician. So I'm hoping I won't have to see one this time either. I'm currently 5 weeks so still early days. But amazing the different care we'll get despite being in the same city.

I'm currently doing slimming world and I joined about 5 weeks ago, but they said I could continue whilst pregnant, so I have no issue there. But I've just had crap this week.

Your midwife sounds more proactive than mine. I had a baby 6 months ago and never once had to see a dietician. So I'm hoping I won't have to see one this time either. I'm currently 5 weeks so still early days. But amazing the different care we'll get despite being in the same city.

I'm currently doing slimming world and I joined about 5 weeks ago, but they said I could continue whilst pregnant, so I have no issue there. But I've just had crap this week.

Are you in Bristol? It's a self referral (ie a choice) I could pass you their information if your interested. I don't mind going back be being told I should has made me get my food dairy out again. If your bmi is over 35 she should tell you about it. Though I do know about 6months ago they were worried about funding so it may be because of that.

I was worried they would try and send me to slimming world. I never got on with it. I would just over eat even if it is the right things.

I've been eating lots of crap. I'm just now getting back into healthier eating

In all honesty if you tell the midwife your doing slimming world she should be fine with that.

Good luck

I'm in Bristol, but under South Glos local authority, so that may be why.

I've only just started slimming world, so not sure what to make of it, but I'm pretty sure having cake at 5am isn't part of the plan. I think once I get weighed this week I'll make a diary on here and have a real good go at it and see what happens.

Congratulations to you all!

Is it up to the local authority if they refer you then? I have Coeliacs so was hoping I could get some help with my diet when I'm pregnant. Although I eat pretty healthy with little processed foods. I probably don't have as a varied diet as I should.

Congratulations to you all!

Is it up to the local authority if they refer you then? I have Coeliacs so was hoping I could get some help with my diet when I'm pregnant. Although I eat pretty healthy with little processed foods. I probably don't have as a varied diet as I should.

Thanks

I would ask your midwife at booking (if you have not had that appointment yet) about a dietian. If your bmi is over 35 they should give some weight management help. But different councils do different things. A lot are just referred to slimming world it seems on other forums. You could always contact you gp and tell them of your concerns. They could refer you as well.

Had the scan today. All is well and good luck. They weighed me after dinner with a full bladder :-( I was 110kg, not pleased. I see the consultant nect Friday. I will try and push being midwife led for birth not sure it will happen got awhile to go for that.

ForumRunner_20141010_171012.png

Huw took it well. He understands but I think he will be more interested as my tummy grows and can feel the baby move.

IMG_20141010_164054.jpg

It's Ok. Baby wise everything is great got a wiggly baby.

My son says when 'she' comes out the police will come because she Iis cheeky for kicking me and making me wee myself.

We don't know it's a girl, huw just wants it to be. He will change his mind again I'm sure.

Christmas was rather upsetting nothing went as planned except dinner was good. My parents visited for the last week from America. They seemed very unimpressed with our style of Christmas. We are a bit more materialistic then they are. We really spoiled huw and got a few nasty comments about it. We didn't spend too much really I just found good deals and had tesco vouchers. At my inlaws my mother in law didn't sleep all christmas eve due to her heart problem acting up but wouldn't call 111 until we arrived for opening presents. We basically went over told her off and made her call. Today my better half is feeling ill so boxing day was also a bust. A couple of my gifts from him need to be exchanged as a jumper is way too small (must be a China xl) and my led notepad is a bit cracked on the screen. If the notepad isn't replaceable it's Ok it's just on edge. So he's a bit annoyed by that. My parents fly home tomorrow early so we said good bye tonight after they left I just cried. The entire week just felt inadequate and ****.

It doesn't help that I'm ill and so are the boys. All chesty coughs and snotty noses. I'm getting pinched nerves and major back pain. I'm just basically miserable as I can't do anything but take paracetamol. My allergies have gone mad as I shouldn't take my antihistamines. They are low risk and I took them all 1st trimester. If I get any worse I'll take them again after seeing my Dr.

I look pregnant though. My apron is really bad though. It makes most trousers uncomfortable.

ForumRunner_20141226_205108.png

Hope everyone had a better Christmas than I and here's to a new year.

Oh a food update. I think I didn't eat too much as my parents were here. So shouldn't be a big gain from just Christmas. As I normally go a bit mad. So Yay?!

Last edited:
Aww I'm so sorry you didn't have such a good Christmas, I don't Think its fair that family commented on the way you chose to do things and the things you bought. Try not to get stressed he is your child you know best, try let it go over your head. I hope you are all better soon. I'm also pretty ill so its not been fun but I didn't let it ruin Christmas. I have such a bad hangover too from my c section it makes me feel so wary of my bump x

Back